Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Right side. 

Traore not good enough. Despite his flash of brilliance every now and then his decision making is awful. 

Bertrand often doesn't know what he's going to and neither do the opposition. That's is his strength in many cases

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People that have watched him more than I have have said Pereira goes missing in games. I think he will cost probably near double what we paid for Traore. Do you want to have twice the price player than Traore to maybe have same faults and what then another upgrade next season because we have rich owners and it's not our money? I still think we need to be smart about signings

We don't know how Pereira will do for us,that's like saying we're paid 30 mill for Buendia and he could start to missing I think it's a rather silly thing to say personally because anything is a possibility.

Traore goes missing in games. Norwich were also disgusted at how we managed to snap Buendia up for that price of 30 mill, no one was expecting it to be that cheap. It doesn't mean because a fan base is stating there prize possession is worth that much that they are going to be sold for that much.

So your telling me if Smith and Co decided to buy Pereira it isn't a smart signing or because im mentioning him being signed? 

All of what you say at any point any of the signings we make could have those issues next season, so it's all irrelevant isn't it considering we make these signings because Smith and Co think they have something to offer. Pereira when I've watched him doesn't seem to go missing in games as much as what you seem to think he does and if he's placed in a more ambitious side other than WBA, his career may certainly move on the up. What's all this as well, the whole I'm not sure about a player coming here when it's been well known that most talent who floats on through the door Smith and Co have managed to make them better. Trust that process if anything as Pereira does have talent and next to Buendia, and grealish these three could be a right set of players in the team together.

Edited by Dave-R

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Here’s his PL season highlights, incase anyone has only seen the Championship ones:

Imagine Jack and Ollie running off those passes, incredible!

I feel like that last shot (the free kick) was meant to have been edited out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well considering we only have Grealish and now Buendia as Creative players having a third isn't over the top at all.

That's more chance creation than half of the continent of Europe combined...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So your telling me if Smith and Co decided to buy Pereira it isn't a smart signing or because im mentioning him being signed? 

I was all about the Pereira signing as an alternative before Buendia happened. Someone pointed out he drifted in and out during the season. I actually had him in fantasy team for week 1 then sold early. Just don't think we're looking at him now after Buendia and I'd wager large amount of money Smith would laugh at the amount of disdain in here, for some of regular first XI last season. 

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Right side. 

Traore not good enough. Despite his flash of brilliance every now and then his decision making is awful. 

He’s inconsistent sure but his goals and assists stats this year have been ok. He’s certainly better than trez and el ghazi.

don’t get me wrong he’s not going to be getting into any top 4 sides and he is one footed but he’s a solid mid table premier league player.

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Pereira an attacking mid for a double pivot CM? Sounds like you just want to sign all the fancy names and to hell with team cohesion like the latter means nothing

It's not like that at all and who decided that Pereira was a fancy name, you? Because I certainly didn't. Also who's to say that there won't be team cohesion with Pereira coming here, woke up on wrong side of the bed did you Kiwi because your not usually like this attacking someone's ideas around here.

Personally I feel Mcginn should Be on the bench for next season and Pereira would be a decent upgrade on him if he were to be played there. I'm not sure it's because I mentioned Mcginn moving to the bench as a possibility of playing Pereira behind our no 10 or bringing Pereira in as our right winger if Buendia plays the no10.

Back to your previous message to me in regards to our Owners and we should spent the money they have because they are rich. It's simple isn't it if they are making it available then it should be spent to upgrade the team. We've brought one signing and your flapping your arms over some money that isn't yours or isn't mine Kiwi. It really makes no difference to what we say to each other because if our Owners make it available, it will be spent this window. Are you in that Frame of mind that just because it's there doesn't mean you shouldn't spend it because if you are Kiwi what is the point of saving it if we need Bloody signings this summer, the Owners will keep investing.

25 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Hey look if we could get him for the reported 15 mil and he'd be happy to be a squad player go for it, just don't feel we are that big a pull for players just yet.

When you say you are not Smith and Co? Not a Smith fan?

When I say Smith and Co it means Smith and company, all those that work with him Zab 😊

It's just easier to say that than every other name that's working in or around his team.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Personally I feel Mcginn should Be on the bench for next season and Pereira would be a decent upgrade on him if he were to be played there. I'm not sure it's because I mentioned Mcginn moving to the bench as a possibility of playing Pereira behind our no 10

This is complete madness. I'm not going to entertain it further sorry

16 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Grealish still created top 4 number of chances despite being out for a third of the season. Incredible.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, useless said:

We won't be signing Pereira after we've already signed Buendia, they both play the same position, and are too similar in style,

Go away Gareth, if his name was Mount rather than Pereria you’d find away 🤣

16 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It maybe not and for all we know if one of those gets injured, we will be back to relying on one creative guy. I'm Sure Smith said Creativity has been a big problem for us and us fans had said it many a time correct? I certainly would like a third creative player to come in, it's okay having one on the leftz one on the right but the moment injuries start occuring or our ambitions move up, we start needing to unlock more defences.

I just don't want us to run into problems again like we did season gone, we struggled we did and Buendia is a step in the right direction but why stop at Buendia when we can find more Creativity and make sure there are players who can take us into Europe.

It may not be Pereira that is the next player to come into the club, but we need upgrades in obvious places. Some players who were first team players season gone who were struggling to make an impact most of the season, shouldn't mean they are first team players in the coming season. This is what the whole upgrading process is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

When I say Smith and Co it means Smith and company, all those that work with him Zab 😊

It's just easier to say that than every other name that's working in or around his team.

Haha sorry misunderstood thought you implying you were not on board with Smith as manager.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

It maybe not and for all we know if one of those gets injured, we will be back to relying on one creative guy. I'm Sure Smith said Creativity has been a big problem for us and us fans had said it many a time correct? I certainly would like a third creative player to come in, it's okay having one on the leftz one on the right but the moment injuries start occuring or our ambitions move up, we start needing to unlock more defences.

I just don't want us to run into problems again like we did season gone, we struggled we did and Buendia is a step in the right direction but why stop at Buendia when we can find more Creativity and make sure there are players who can take us into Europe.

It may not be Pereira that is the next player to come into the club, but we need upgrades in obvious places. Some players who were first team players season gone who were struggling to make an impact most of the season, shouldn't mean they are first team players in the coming season. This is what the whole upgrading process is.

I agree with you, I'm still just stunned that we are now lucky enough to have, quite literally, two of the top ten creative players in world football (in terms of raw stats) playing for Aston Villa. 

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This is complete madness. I'm not going to entertain it further sorry

Ithink I hit a nerve with you it seems all for saying Mcginn maybe better as a sub for next season.

I'm sorry if you feel different Kiwi but really if we want to rise up and up we have to highlight our weaker players and I personally think Mcginn along with Luiz was one of them. I know we all have our favs and that's okay but if the chiefs at Villa by any chance say same thing and make any attempt to do what I suggested are you going to call them mad if they place Mcginn or Luiz on the bench and find better upgrades next season.

Â