Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Could be that simple though, albeit for different reasons 

First is the expectation that he will be 1st choice here guaranteed starter whereas arsenal isn't so sure 

Second could be our good scouting or even Emi just openly asking him, he's a player who can play 10 or RW coming in, he's at a stage of his career where he should be nailing his favoured position, maybe we got it right and arsenal didn't 

So we offered his his favourite position every week, if that's the case then I'm glad he chose us, doesn't have to be money, doesn't have to be this big club bollocks or our project vs their demise, can be as simple as we will play him as a 10 and arsenal want to play him on the right 

Do you think he'd be better for us as a 10??

I am torn where I want to see him play now, on the right and Traore misses game time and is benched and Traore is coming along at a steady pace. Play him as an attacking midfielder and Grealish is on the left. If we do play Grealish center and Beundia right then I'd love us to buy a LW and Dwight McNeil comes to mind there. Then if that happens I may stick to what I suggested other day, where I'd like to see us go buy Pereira so we can shove Pereira right behind Grealish or Beundia whoever is the 10. Then for the last buy is that we go buy a new CDM.

So yeah 4 players overall this summer for me would be perfect for me..

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

When you read a message like this on Arsenal forum you know that Arsenal are dreaming if they think they are a bigger club than us:

It's actually crazy that Buendia himself wanted to play with Aston Villa over us. http://i.imgur.com/W3ZIG2h.gif

In cases like that, you are expecting the player to say "No I only want to play for Arsenal, not Aston Villa". But he actually wanted to play with Aston Villa instead of us.

They're still in denial. Bless them. I bet some of them think Vieira, Henry and Bergkamp still play for them. That's how long it's been since they were relevant 😅

• Like 2

Just now, Dave-R said:

Do you think he'd be better for us as a 10??

I am torn where I want to see him play now, on the right and Traore misses game time and is benched and Traore is coming along at a steady pace. Play him as an attacking midfielder and Grealish is on the left. If we do play Grealish center and Beundia right then I'd love us to buy a LW and Dwight McNeil comes to mind there. Then if that happens I may stick to what I suggested other day, where I'd like to see us go buy Pereira so we can shove Pereira right behind Grealish or Beundia whoever is the 10. Then for the last buy is that we go buy a new CDM.

So yeah 4 players overall this summer for me would be perfect for me..

Honestly I don't know but I would lazily guess that he's not coming here to compete he's coming to be a starter and we desperatwly need a 10, RW we need work but traore will still start at least sporadically

The main point was we've offered him something that arsenal couldn't or didn't my guess my guaranteed starter in his favourite position that's why he's favoured us over them, it's a footballing decision, could mean that we scouted him better than they did 

46 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I very much enjoy the part at 13 mins where the Norwich fan says he's happy Emi moved to Villa because our fans are more reasonable and forgiving, and that Arsenal fans would get on his back if he had a few bad games at the start of his career there! :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I very much enjoy the part at 13 mins where the Norwich fan says he's happy Emi moved to Villa because our fans are more reasonable and forgiving, and that Arsenal fans would get on his back if he had a few bad games at the start of his career there! :)

No the first few games he'll be the best player since football was conceived, and better than every other attacking midfielder in the league. First couple of bad games and then they want to see him sold and #Kroenke out for even buying him. The Arsenal Cycle.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No the first few games he'll be the best player since football was conceived, and better than every other attacking midfielder in the league. First couple of bad games and then they want to see him sold and #Kroenke out for even buying him. The Arsenal Cycle.

Yeah, at least we have the decency to skip straight to the second part. Arsenal always have to overcomplicate things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Announced tomorrow then we saying?

Hopefully. It would be good if it was announced while he’s on international duty because it means that the story will be all over the South American rags. 

All good for our profile.

We affectively have everything that was good about Barkley during his first few appearances, with the added benefit that when the kid does lose the ball he is going to bust a gut to retrieve it. 

His offensive stats speak for themselves, but his defensive work and pressing is going to offer just as much in the other direction. It’s why I wanted him so much, I genuinely hope we get this over the line   

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

This is gonna wind up the Arsenal even more.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Wow all Arsenal could do was match our salary offer.  Real small time over there.  I guess that is what happens when you piss away 350K a week on a reserve player.  😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

I wonder what reaction Emi M will get now he's helped sweet talk Emi B to Villa Park? (Spicegirl vibes) 

I'd be all over EMI B if he looked like Emma B, Phwooooaaaarrr Baby Spice.

emma bunton GIF by Spice Girls

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

Remember the days when Doug Ellis spoke about his friendship with the queen to any potential new signing!?

Don't forget he invented the bicycle kick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Honestly I don't know but I would lazily guess that he's not coming here to compete he's coming to be a starter and we desperatwly need a 10, RW we need work but traore will still start at least sporadically

The main point was we've offered him something that arsenal couldn't or didn't my guess my guaranteed starter in his favourite position that's why he's favoured us over them, it's a footballing decision, could mean that we scouted him better than they did 

I think he's coming here as RW, as somebody else has mentioned it's his defensive work that really stands him out. He's a very good attacking player but his defensive contribution basically makes him Deanos perfect winger.

FWIW Buendia made 39 appearances for Norwich this season and according to Who Scored he played on the right in every single one of them, rather than centrally.

I'd imagine Traore may play centrally a bit next year, he's the one that struggles with the defensive part of his game and Traore, Jack and Emi interlinking and swapping places could be very interesting. I imagine Traore ends up on the bench a fair bit rather than be a starting 10 - just think he'll end up there a bit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think he's coming here as RW, as somebody else has mentioned it's his defensive work that really stands him out. He's a very good attacking player but his defensive contribution basically makes him Deanos perfect winger.

FWIW Buendia made 39 appearances for Norwich this season and according to Who Scored he played on the right in every single one of them, rather than centrally.

I'd imagine Traore may play centrally a bit next year, he's the one that struggles with the defensive part of his game and Traore, Jack and Emi interlinking and swapping places could be very interesting. I imagine Traore ends up on the bench a fair bit rather than be a starting 10 - just think he'll end up there a bit.

You could possibly be on to something, but I reckon he is a straight Barkley replacement/upgrade, which can play in the other areas if necessary.

Someone actually pressing and being a nuisance up top, behind Ollie, is a game changer, and gives our midfield a breather, plus the freedom to actually play.

Most people know my feelings on Luiz and me wanting a " Commanding DM ", however, I could argue that, in Deanos system, Buendia defending from the top, will allow his preferred mids type, Luiz etc, to do what they are actually good at, playmaking from deep.

Seeing as we should be under less pressure and keep the ball better 

Having said that, wouldn't mind seeing what you mentioned either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I see this as good news for Arsenal.

After a good few years of not achieving much and being in the doldrums, their players now have something to strive towards: A move to Villa.

They will make a decent enough feeder club for us.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

Â