Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

For me, the crux of this is who can be our Gatusso... my gut tells me that Tro is right... we need someone either from our youth squad or an astute signing... but so far I can’t see who that player will be from our current first team....... I’m half Calabrese, half Irish, so Gatusso is one of my all time heroes 

There's a couple of  young Italians either of which would be perfect for us. Sandro Tonali or Manuel Locatelli. Both DLP's that can put a tackle in.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 2

http://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2021/04/05/emi-buendia-jack-of-all-trades-master-of-all/

Emi Buendia is the answer to the many questions we now ask of our forwards in football. He’s not a chess piece performing rehearsed patterns. Rather, he possesses an excellent combination of abilities; a combination that produces more output than any single one could hope to yield. Big clubs shouldn’t just knock on the door for him this coming transfer window: they should break the door down. 

Buendia has a diverse repertoire of incisive passes to break down opposition into different areas of the pitch: three of them including penetration of the penalty box. Dropping into deeper areas to supply runners into the backline or in transition, holding width on either flank and crossing deep, through balls to stretch the backline, playing the overlap and passes through the defender’s legs in the central spaces. His ability to facilitate and create, especially from long-range and from multiple areas of the pitch shows us how incredibly wide-ranging his solutions are and his incredible vision in the pitch. 

On top of this extensive skill set, Buendia is also unparalleled in his execution. The Argentine is a forward whose production stems farther than merely just creation, contributing well to progression, especially in the final third. He ranks 1st in deep completions per 90 across all players in the Championship with a minimum of 10 matches played.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, colhint said:

I guess this kills the Rashica thred

So sick of all these player threads before we've actually sign them. 

Hopefully the Mods close this thread till he's ITSOTP. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Why are Norwich fans being so classless? 
Why do they hate us so much? I dont get the rivalry at all 

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/142554-the-i-hate-villa-thread/

The I hate Villa thread on their forum should be taken down, It encourages hate. 

Totally agree. They are displaying an incredible amount of bitterness.

And yet a poster on here was commending them for their "dignified" response!

They are behaving awfully. Really hope they go down.

I didn't realise about Buendia defensive stats. If you look at top 5 in PL it's as you'd expect DCMs or fullbacks. Ndidi Mitchell Allan Oriol Aurier. That Buendia is 6th in Championship with 2.4 per tackles game is nuts. Only Cash beats that for Villa players last season. 

Perhaps that considered he'll play in middle 3 of 433 with McGinn and Luiz behind Grealish Watkins Traore

Edited by Kiwivillan

That is astonishing.  They actually have an I Hate Villa Thread. 

Have the noses got one of those? Or even Coventry who hold the current "odd hate of Villa" world record?

I guess living in such an isolated backwater just destroys people's mental capacity for rational thought? 

• Thanks 2

I mean if you read it, there's basically no 'hate' at all. A few people who think he could have gone to a 'bigger' club, which is kind of fair enough from their perspective if Arsenal's interest was real. But IMO it makes more sense for the player to show he can play well for a team who will start him most games, rather than rotating in and out of Arsenal's team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thanks a lot. Even more excited.  I think the words are hes a Jack of All Trades and potentially a master of all 

What….a…..player…..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I didn't realise about Buendia defensive stats. If you look at top 5 in PL it's as you'd expect DCMs or fullbacks. Ndidi Mitchell Allan Oriol Aurier. That Buendia is 6th in Championship with 2.4 per tackles game is nuts. Only Cash beats that for Villa players last season. 

Perhaps that considered he'll play in middle 3 of 433 with McGinn and Luiz behind Grealish Watkins Traore

I can see him at no.10… can see Jack and even BT there too tbh though but they can all interchange at will… it will be a sight to behold….Ollie will score so many!!

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Every reliable journo says deal is done or 99% done. Could be announced tomorrow.

i doubt we'll get a formal announcement until he's back in the country

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

lol, that number 7 is like:

"yeah.....nah fu*k that....."

😆 yeah, looking closely at his vids, there’s many instances of him leaving players frustrated and defeated, not knowing how to deal with him…

So excited to see him in our team and link up with Jack and co…

It really is a massive signing for us…

Â