Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

48 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

😜

Tactical Theory: Inverted full-backs

Inverted full-backs are still quite a recent footballing innovation. Understanding them and their prominence fully emerged during Pep Guardiola’s spell at Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga. During his first season, Guardiola realised the impressive technical proficiency of Philip Lahm and his capability of playing in a more central role. David Alaba, as we are seeing currently, is also not poor technically. During his time at Manchester City in the Premier League, players such as Fabian Delph, Kyle Walker and Oleksandr Zinchenko have been associated with this role. The inversion of these wide players aligns to a key principle of positional play, controlling the midfield and occupying central areas.

For this analysis in the annotated images, the offensive team will be playing in a 4-3-3. This is predominantly because it is the one Guardiola has used when applying this concept, and he is the main trailblazer of inverted full-backs.

This tactical analysis piece, focusing on tactical theory, will look at the advantages and disadvantages of inverted full-backs. Additionally, by using analysis, I will look at their impact in both the offensive and defensive phases and the tactics used within them.

Can’t argue with Pep (or you for  being able to instantly access such information) but with the exception  of Delph you have to have players of a certain quality to play the system I suppose.

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Will we see a boost to our profile in Argentina? 2 first team players from there can't be a bad thing from a marketing point of view. 

Haha of all the countries we pick for that it would be the one with the regularly collapsing currency and that’s currently utterly devastated by the pandemic. 

But me I like it. Messi next as cover for Ollie.

50 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just to provide a bit of balance to the strangely disgusted response from some of the Norwich City supporters having seen a player of theirs leave to join Villa, this fella is far more nuanced and philosophical about it.

He’s surprised that he’s off to Villa, he says as much, but he can also see the ambition at the club and disagrees with the assertion that it’s a sideways move for Buendia.

So to clarify, the salt levels in this video are non existent. This is not a shrieking Arsenal Fan TV esque video. It’s not a point and laugh at them video. Just a Norwich City supporter, a seemingly likeable fella putting an objective view on things and despite clearly being gutted about the sale (to say he rates Buendia is something of an understatement), he’s trying to remain upbeat.

and that should be respected...

Whilst I wasn't super excited about this signing initially the fact that Norwich fans are saying he is their greatest ever makes me really happy. They had maddison who was a fantastic player and now we are getting a player who they believe is a substantial upgrade on him. What a signing!

Plus laughing at arsenal is hilarious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Whilst I wasn't super excited about this signing initially the fact that Norwich fans are saying he is their greatest ever makes me really happy. They had maddison who was a fantastic player and now we are getting a player who they believe is a substantial upgrade on him. What a signing!

Delicious tears. So sweet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Norwich fans are happy for us anyway.

norwich.PNG

Some of these fans are so weird, they know our past financial situations better than a lot of us. I remember Bristol City fans displaying this pathology as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They say " those that laugh last, laugh best"

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not sure, I fully understand the term, " Deep lying playmaker".....I think I understand what it being inferred, but it doesn't make sense to me, by concept.

Some player or some players have to win the ball back and turn it over, before any play making can be considered....If they can't win it back, they have to rely on the defenders to do it (or a misplaced pass they intercept) and give them the ball, in such circumstances, its likely that such a player is picking it up, too deep and subsequently is a sitting target for the press, from Opponents and likely to lose it again.

There has to be a kind of hybrid between a Ball winner and a playmaker.....Cropley, could do both, so could Sid cowans....not saying they were CDM's, but they won the ball around the centre circle, this defended the defenders and started the attack, and it meant, they didn't have far to run to get a shot on goal for the striker.

In that Double Pivot, we have players, who have attacking in their DNA, Not necessarily defending....you see just that when Nakamba comes in......if you could merge them with Nakamba, its the sort of player we need.

sadly, they all have something the other hasn't got, yet......Luiz is young enough to train, but I haven't seen any similarities with the likes of Kante, who is equally of light build, but makes up for it with his tenacity, timing, decision making, positioning and vision( reading of the game)

I think the term "deep lying playmaker" is a euphemism for not winning the ball enough, but thats just my interpretation......I think Kante and the likes are CDM's with ability after winning the ball to create or play make or scheme, call it what you will.

In a game of football... things have to be done, jobs have to be tasked......what name we tag the player to do it is fairly universal.....if we say winger, striker, centreback, we seem fairly certain we know what to expect......a full back,could be a wing back ,which means he is more of an attacking version.....than a defensive version.

CDM's seem to attract a variety of expectations, in all sizes......but what they must do is defend the back four, turn the ball over and start the attack.....They usually, pull all the strings and galvanize the team, thay are the manager on the pitch....now to do all that, you have to have an array of attributes in your tool box.

I think we need one, to progress to the places, we want to be.....I love play makers like the next man and am over the moon, with Emi, to compliment Jack......but we can't have a team full and expect to hurt anybody, because somebody has to give them the ball and back four defenders can't always do that.

Best example of a DLP is Pirlo. 
AC Milan played him as the deepest midfielder and he was the playmaker, one of my favourite players ever 👌

In front or beside him, they had Gattuso. The aggressive, tenacious harrier/disruptor/destroyer. He would do the “dirty work” and pass the ball onto to the more skilful, fair players.

And then Seedorf, quality and creativity on the ball with a keen eye for goal.

Ahead of them, they had the likes of Kaka and amazing strikers such as Crespo & Shevchenko.

So, if we are looking to emulate that kind of midfield/system, I can see Luiz developing into Pirlo’s role. I am not comparing the players, just the role or responsibility. When on form, Doug has shown that he has an excellent eye for a pass, great touch & quality on the ball and can break up attacks too - we saw the best of him when he made a huge contribution in keeping us in the league.

McGinn could possibly take on that Gatusso role and has some similar traits. Not as good defensively (yet) but better in an attacking sense. He does have that ability to constantly pressure opponents and knick the ball off them.

Sanson could probably take that on too.

Our CAM, Jack or Buendia, would take on the Seedorf role…

I’ve just wondered whether that is the kind of midfield system Deano wants and it did work during the beginning of the season with Barkley in form and McGinn and Luiz behind him and in decent form.

It was a very disruptive season and consistency and lack of form became an issue. Hopefully it won’t be like that next season. I would still like to see some strength/physicality and ability to control possession in there so not averse to a new DM or MF at all.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Messaged my two Arsenal fans about this and they're both adamant they're signing Grealish. **** clowns. 

They can’t afford Buendia but they can afford Jack. Lol 😂 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Messaged my two Arsenal fans about this and they're both adamant they're signing Grealish. **** clowns. 

I'm not buying into the idea that Jack is going anywhere, but if he happens to leave I am certain he won't be going to Arsenal.

25 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Watching Arsenal fans having a meltdown on r/gunners is hilarious right now.  The past few days they've been trashing Villa as being a tin pot club and acting like Buendia to Arsenal was a done deal because, who in their right mind would turn "the biggest club in the world" down.  Now, the narrative has shifted to "maybe Arsenal didn't bid at all", even though insider sources from both clubs confirmed bids had been made, or "Villa must be buying Grealish's replacement because he's coming home to Arsenal", because "Villa don't have that kind of money".    I used to think Spurs and Newcastle fans were the most delusional in England, but Arsenal have pulled way ahead in the crybaby titlerace.  Can't wait to watch the muppets on AFTV and Barstool Sports lose their minds again when we rip them apart twice again next season.  

Anyway, great signing.  We're paying a premium, but he's come off the back of 3 great seasons with Norwich.  We're have all the pieces to play 4-3-3 perfectly now.  

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Sanson

Buendia - Watkins - Grealish

Reddit is a premier hotbed of Gooner derangement imo, there seem to be a lot of systems thinking sports science American clowns who have drunk the kool-aid a little too hard to prove theyr'e legitimate soccerball fans

Geez you don’t often wake up on a Sunday morning to wonderful news, so welcome Emi. Have to say, thought there was something cheeky about the photo of both our Argentina internationals the other day, maybe our wonderful GK new something...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Best example of a DLP is Pirlo. 
AC Milan played him as the deepest midfielder and he was the playmaker, one of my favourite players ever 👌

In front or beside him, they had Gattuso. The aggressive, tenacious harrier/disruptor/destroyer. He would do the “dirty work” and pass the ball onto to the more skilful, fair players.

And then Seedorf, quality and creativity on the ball with a keen eye for goal.

Ahead of them, they had the likes of Kaka and amazing strikers such as Crespo & Shevchenko.

So, if we are looking to emulate that kind of midfield/system, I can see Luiz developing into Pirlo’s role. I am not comparing the players, just the role or responsibility. When on form, Doug has shown that he has an excellent eye for a pass, great touch & quality on the ball and can break up attacks too - we saw the best of him when he made a huge contribution in keeping us in the league.

McGinn could possibly take on that Gatusso role and has some similar traits. Not as good defensively (yet) but better in an attacking sense. He does have that ability to constantly pressure opponents and knick the ball off them.

Sanson could probably take that on too.

Our CAM, Jack or Buendia, would take on the Seedorf role…

I’ve just wondered whether that is the kind of midfield system Deano wants and it did work during the beginning of the season with Barkley in form and McGinn and Luiz behind him and in decent form.

It was a very disruptive season and consistency and lack of form became an issue. Hopefully it won’t be like that next season. I would still like to see some strength/physicality and ability to control possession in there so not averse to a new DM or MF at all.

You see thats where I disagree, I am not saying he doesn't do it on occasions, but not nearly enough or with enough consistency to be relied upon.... we need an upgrade in that role.

I have no issue witht the rest.

We don't really know what Deano wants...He keeps his cards close to his chest.

12 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Toxic friends trying ti kick you down when you're flying high

Black Girl No GIF by BDHCollective

You don't need that negativity in you life

Â