Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

That is very naive.....We have still defended too deep on many occasions and despite their prowess, Tyrone and Ezri, need protecting from runners through the middle.

If you think that defensive midfielders are a luxury, think again, or better still watch the games again.....The best back four in the world, needs protecting.

They are amongst some of the most under appreciated and misunderstood  players in a team and in my opinion are instrumental in pulling all the strings and galvanising defence with Attack.....They are the engine room.

The fact that Smith plays Luiz ahead of Nakamba at dm supports the theory that he doesn't really fancy dm's and prefers deep lying playmakers. 

Haven't seen us being linked with a lot of defensive midfielders so far and I don't get the feeling we are looking for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

Not going to pretend I know a lot about the player but my two Norwich supporting friends say he’s one of their best players ever. 

He is pure class.  There’s just no way this transfer doesn’t end well. 

Just now, Spoony said:

He is pure class.  There’s just no way this transfer doesn’t end well. 

Good to hear. I have watched a bit of him on YouTube today, looks good. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Everyone's best mate in the Championship, Benjamin Bloom on the transfer. (Ben watches probably the most Championship football out of any pundit)

Really like his YouTube channel. 

• Like 2

Will we see a boost to our profile in Argentina? 2 first team players from there can't be a bad thing from a marketing point of view. 

28 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Regarding Arsenal, not really surprised Villa outbid them and make for a better option for him right now. As I said previously, Arsenal are a club stuck in limbo and you can see that by just watching them or even the reactions from fans (AFTV etc). They are stuck in no man's land and whilst I think that won't last forever, they aren't as tempting a offer as some Arsenal fans think they are. There are deluded fans at every club but the realistic fans know that Arsenal need fundamental changes throughout the club to be competitive again. 

So I'm not shocked Villa were ahead in the race to sign Emiliano. 

I agree. And I wouldn’t be surprised if we have worked with this transfer with Norwich quietly and professionally for a long time, and Arsenal didn’t. It feels good to finally have some competent people running this club again. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The fact that Smith plays Luiz ahead of Nakamba at dm supports the theory that he doesn't really fancy dm's and prefers deep lying playmakers. 

Haven't seen us being linked with a lot of defensive midfielders so far and I don't get the feeling we are looking for them. 

I am not sure, I fully understand the term, " Deep lying playmaker".....I think I understand what it being inferred, but it doesn't make sense to me, by concept.

Some player or some players have to win the ball back and turn it over, before any play making can be considered....If they can't win it back, they have to rely on the defenders to do it (or a misplaced pass they intercept) and give them the ball, in such circumstances, its likely that such a player is picking it up, too deep and subsequently is a sitting target for the press, from Opponents and likely to lose it again.

There has to be a kind of hybrid between a Ball winner and a playmaker.....Cropley, could do both, so could Sid cowans....not saying they were CDM's, but they won the ball around the centre circle, this defended the defenders and started the attack, and it meant, they didn't have far to run to get a shot on goal for the striker.

In that Double Pivot, we have players, who have attacking in their DNA, Not necessarily defending....you see just that when Nakamba comes in......if you could merge them with Nakamba, its the sort of player we need.

sadly, they all have something the other hasn't got, yet......Luiz is young enough to train, but I haven't seen any similarities with the likes of Kante, who is equally of light build, but makes up for it with his tenacity, timing, decision making, positioning and vision( reading of the game)

I think the term "deep lying playmaker" is a euphemism for not winning the ball enough, but thats just my interpretation......I think Kante and the likes are CDM's with ability after winning the ball to create or play make or scheme, call it what you will.

In a game of football... things have to be done, jobs have to be tasked......what name we tag the player to do it is fairly universal.....if we say winger, striker, centreback, we seem fairly certain we know what to expect......a full back,could be a wing back ,which means he is more of an attacking version.....than a defensive version.

CDM's seem to attract a variety of expectations, in all sizes......but what they must do is defend the back four, turn the ball over and start the attack.....They usually, pull all the strings and galvanize the team, they are the manager on the pitch....now to do all that, you have to have an array of attributes in your tool box.

I think we need one, to progress to the places, we want to be.....I love play makers like the next man and am over the moon, with Emi, to compliment Jack......but we can't have a team full and expect to hurt anybody, because somebody has to give them the ball and back four defenders can't always do that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We will have to see....but if we don't, I think we will regret it.

Â