Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Unless we beat their wages there’s no reason he picks us over Arsenal, sorry lads.

Well and I’d approach this from a slightly different angle which is I can’t imagine we offer him higher wages than Arsenal will. If FFP is still a thing we still have a Championship season dragging our spending limit down. Roll on next summer!

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Whatever you think of Arsenal they did finish avove us, can pay higher wages and have the London pull and we don't have a big name manager.

If they really are serious on Buendia i can't see this one happening.

I agree - the amount of players these clubs sign and just sideline though.. Do Arsenal need him? Will he be played ahead of others already there? Are these even a factor for players?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Not really - 1 goal 7 assists in the Prem

2465 mins is basically 2/3rds of a season. 4th for key passes per game that season behind KDB, Maddison, Grealish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

4th most key passes per game behind KDB, Maddison, and Grealish in 19/20.

He didn't start every game. Only played 2465 mins

I don’t disagree - Buendia’s 2nd degree statistics were very good 19/20.

I just don’t know how they calculated or how much weight to give them.

For example, in 19/20 Buendia averaged 2.3 key passes/game. Kamada in the Bundasliga averaged 1.8 but had 15 assists

Just now, KangarooVillan said:

For example, in 19/20 Buendia averaged 2.3 key passes/game. Kamada in the Bundasliga averaged 1.8 but had 15 assists

Bundesliga is few elite teams then lower half PL/Championship quality 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bundesliga is few elite teams then lower half PL/Championship quality 

Understood, my point is more what is a key pass? Buendia had 2.3 pg for 7 assists - Kamada has 1.8 pg for 15 assists.

There’s a few ways you could look at it - Buendia’s teammates severely let him down, or, the passes didn’t give his teammates the best chance to score. I don’t know which it is - more these 2nd degree statistics are open to interpretation. 

Also, regarding only playing 2/3’s of the season, if you extrapolate out its 1.5G and 10.2A, which is very good.

Edited by KangarooVillan

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Also, regarding only playing 2/3’s of the season, if you extrapolate out its 1.5G and 10.2A, which is good but is it great?

Only 11 players got 11 or more assists in PL last season and mostly big name players. Don't think he scored many goals as had different role in PL compared to more attacking last season in Championship

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Only 11 players got 11 or more assists in PL last season and mostly big name players. Don't think he scored many goals as had different role in PL compared to more attacking last season in Championship

Lol yeah, sorry I changed it - 100% agree

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think the frustrating thing is a lot of the people on here who want Buendia also want to get rid of Traore. Traore played 2338 minutes this season - if you applied the same metric he’d have a 10G and 10A season - which is incredible.

Also think Buendia plays CAM, personally.

19 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I think the frustrating thing is a lot of the people on here who want Buendia also want to get rid of Traore. Traore played 2338 minutes this season - if you applied the same metric he’d have a 10G and 10A season - which is incredible.

Also think Buendia plays CAM, personally.

I would want Buendia for CAM

Traore Buendia Grealish

Watkins

That would be absolute nightmare for teams to defend against

• Like 4

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Key passes = the 'assist' to the missed shot (?)

(Correct me if I'm wrong about the key pass)

Yes creating scoring chance. The receiver may fluff the chance

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I would want Buendia for CAM

Traore Buendia Grealish

Watkins

That would be absolute nightmare for teams to defend against

My only beef with that setup is a I desperately want Kamada as well and don’t know where he’d fit...

would be gorgeous to watch next year though.

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

I agree - the amount of players these clubs sign and just sideline though.. Do Arsenal need him? Will he be played ahead of others already there? Are these even a factor for players?

I think this is potentially our leverage, he would most likely come straight into a starting spot here at 10

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think this is potentially our leverage, he would most likely come straight into a starting spot here at 10

I would hope so - so many players seem to ignore this element though and end up being a Batshuayi, Tuanzebe, Van De Beek, Minamino, Origi, Telles, or an Ake.

Like where was Van De Beek, Minamino, Telles and Ake in particular expecting to fit into the respective lineups?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Key passes = the 'assist' to the missed shot (?)

(Correct me if I'm wrong about the key pass)

Depending on where you get your stats from a key pass can also be an assist to an assist if you get what I mean. So, say they play a through ball to a winger who in turn lays it on a plate for the striker to score, the original ball to the winger can also be considered a key pass.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

My only beef with that setup is a I desperately want Kamada as well and don’t know where he’d fit...

would be gorgeous to watch next year though.

Kamada would probably get in ahead of Traore, but we need someone of that quality on the bench so we can rotate without dropping off. Jack isn’t going to make 38 games next season, we need to recruit for that.

Â