Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

I’m not saying that Buendia will definitely choose us over them but several recent comments here seem to have been quite negative and defeatist…

Arsenal are not what they once were… don’t see why anyone would big them up or feel intimidated by them.

We will be looking to overtake the likes of them & Spurs in the not too distant future and we are in a healthier position.

Let’s not forget our identity and history and see ourselves as inferior…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

When Callum Wilson chose Newcastle over us was it down to just money on offer? or the guarantee of first team football? or both

Neither, it was the Steve Bruce factor

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not too fussed if he wants to go elsewhere.

Good luck. We'll see where the two clubs are in three years.

I like if we sign Buendia. Competing with Arsenal to sign him might be to expensive and not smart business. Kamada would be great 2nd target.

Still it would be hilarious if he choose us over Arsenal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I like if we sign Buendia. Competing with Arsenal to sign him might be to expensive and not smart business. Kamada would be great 2nd target.

If much rather sign Kamada.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, pas5898 said:

I read it was just a straight choice. Both enacted the clause and could offer the wages. 

At that point Newcastle looked a more stable proposition than us. They were mid table, we barely survived. 

Wrong. He got 4 year deal with option to extend to 5 on 120k a week. Horrible deal. Newcastle got mugged

• Like 4

Just now, Keyblade said:

Buendia already proven in the PL. That seems to be very important for our team.

Yeah it's sensible for sure. He'd probably be brilliant here.

I'm just not that convinced for the massive money. Wouldn't be about Kamada either of course.

If we want Buendia, I hope we get him. Genuinely think we're a better option than Arsenal at the moment.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

The fact that we are having the conversation is amazing and a real sign of how far we have come. This time last year it would not even have been a possibility that we could prove to be more attractive than Arsenal. I think it’s 50:50 now. Each team can make an attractive offer. It’s all about what floats his boat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Still a stupid deal for a 29 year old with injury history 

Well if it keeps you in the money, maybe not.

But I feel for Newcastle. They remind me a bit of us post mon. No real plan, just the ambition of not being relagated. And despite that you know that's where they're heading. Non inspireing signings to be led by spudface and the football is awful.

Sometimes you wonder if some clubs need a relegation and a reset, however dumb that sounds.

• Like 1

Buendia's stats in the one season in the premier league  were not all that special. I suppose it could be they were that terrible he couldn't really reach a decent level? Or is he a player who is great in the championship but struggles against better players in the premier league? 

10 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Buendia's stats in the one season in the premier league  were not all that special. I suppose it could be they were that terrible he couldn't really reach a decent level? Or is he a player who is great in the championship but struggles against better players in the premier league? 

4th most key passes per game behind KDB, Maddison, and Grealish in 19/20.

He didn't start every game. Only played 2465 mins

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Arsenal will offer the player more money. They have to as it costs 3 times the price to live in a decent part on London than it does in most of the UK. The cost of living is also far more than elsewhere.

I guess it depends on does he want to be a starter and play a prominent role in a mid to upper Premier team or a squad player in another mid to upper Premier team.

Hopefully he will see that it's worth £25k per week less to NOT live in London.

Everyone has different motivations.  Some people just want to have a massive paycheck.  Others want to win titles or play with the best players they can.  Most players actually want to play week in and week out, while others don't mind being a rotation option or a super sub on a team with a great dressing room.  Motivations can and will change throughout someone's career as well.  Emi had a fantastic season for Arsenal his last year there, but he wanted to be valued somewhere and play week in and week out.  We gave him that opportunity and he seems to be much happier here than he was at Arsenal.  Even if Arsenal is the "bigger" club or they offer him more money Buendia may see us as the better fit for his own motivations.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Everyone has different motivations.  Some people just want to have a massive paycheck.  Others want to win titles or play with the best players they can.  Most players actually want to play week in and week out, while others don't mind being a rotation option or a super sub on a team with a great dressing room.  Motivations can and will change throughout someone's career as well.  Emi had a fantastic season for Arsenal his last year there, but he wanted to be valued somewhere and play week in and week out.  We gave him that opportunity and he seems to be much happier here than he was at Arsenal.  Even if Arsenal is the "bigger" club or they offer him more money Buendia may see us as the better fit for his own motivations.  

Emi was 'probably' happy to be 2nd choice for a long time and then got a taste of first team football and excelled only to end up being pushed back on the bench when Leno was fit. He thought he had earned a starting place and was denied, it also harmed his chances of playing for Argentia (something he did today). It was a poor decision as he's proved to be better than Leno. Goal keepers are a bit different to outfield players, as you don't get much rotation/game time if you are second choice.

Most players main motivation is money though, then winning things, then playing in Europe.

Â