Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

If you didn't catch a glimpse of what he's about yesterday I really feel for you. Watching football must be a drab affair.

So was he top class yesterday then? Looked like 35 million pounds worth? Or was he not at the level we have seen from his time at norwich?

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

If you didn't catch a glimpse of what he's about yesterday I really feel for you. Watching football must be a drab affair.

He was decent yesterday. Did some good passes but equally drifted out of the game for long periods imo.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I know it's not the done thing to post something away from the extremes on the internet, but my answer to the above is somewhere in between.

It's incredibly early days for Buendi at Villa, especially in terms of competitive games. Yesterday I saw a good work rate and signs of his forward play ability.

I'm happy to give him the time to settle back in to the PL in a new team before casting negative judgement. 

This stood out to me. He was pressing brilliantly causing defence to hurry clearances.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

Happy to give him plenty of time. Clearly a good footballer.

Only real issue is that I don't think he suits a 433 particularly well and I'm sure that's what Smith will keep heading back to. Interesting to see how it works out.

He stylistically reminds me of Carles Gil. Clever movement, great eye for the pass but lacks pace and gets easily outmuscled and dispossessed when on the ball.

Main difference is that Buendia is feisty and puts a shift in defensively. 

Early days for him, he will need more overlapping runs from cash to get the best of him when he cuts in.

I bloody love these crazy fans... this gives an idea of how good and bad he was . Every touch in the game. Personally i think he did fairly well . Loses the ball more than Mike Lub but you can see the invention and what he is trying to do . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

Needs to be given time, and worth bearing in mind that he's not had Watkins up top with him yet.

No, he must be excellent now. Through ball after through ball, you know like a machine. 

• Like 1

He’s just a class football player. He will be fantastic when he settles and gets used to his surroundings. He can’t dribble like Grealish but his vision and quality of passing is better in my view. He is also better defensively. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He’s just a class football player. He will be fantastic when he settles and gets used to his surroundings. He can’t dribble like Grealish but his vision and quality of passing is better in my view. He is also better defensively. 

Yeh, absolutely. If we’re being honest, he’s not at Jack’s level, but only 4/5 players in the world are. Buendia will be great for us, I’m sure of it. His defensive work will be a real asset and as soon as that first assist comes, I’m hoping it will be the first of many! 

Would like to see him on the left when Bailey comes back. Or perhaps as a 10 again, just not sure we have the central midfielders for him to play that role. 

• Like 1

You could see he wanted the ball and I thought he was getting a bit frustrated with his team mates not passing to him when he was under pressure.

his support of the back four though when crowded by Newcastle players was lovely to see, slick, calm and confident when under pressure. Last season we would have just hoofed it, now, a few short sharp passes and we’re looking to break.

Genuinely excited to see him kick on when fitter and on the same wavelength. Him and a fit and raring Watkins will be poetry. 

For now, not fit but will get loads better (if us lot give him chance)

He's had good moments in both games but I think expectations were extremely high due to the Norwich fans waxing so lyrical about him and those slide rule passes to Watkins v Walsall. 

It's fair to say overall he hasn't set the place alight yet but it's early days.  I've felt a little let down due to the above points but I'm sure he will come good. 

Norwich fans think he's the best player they've ever had, way better than James Maddison and the fee was way too low and that he should have been straight into a top 6 team.  There must be way way more we haven't seen yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I bloody love these crazy fans... this gives an idea of how good and bad he was . Every touch in the game. Personally i think he did fairly well . Loses the ball more than Mike Lub but you can see the invention and what he is trying to do . 

The first half of the video I thought it was the McGinn highlights.

Watched the full game and it’s obvious he’s just not used to the rest of the team and how we play. He showed good moments- a couple of precision passes and excellent defensive work. But his influence on the game was pretty limited. We’ll start to see the best of him when he has the confidence with his team mates and to create. 

have a look at grealish’s first 3 games for city and you’ll see the exact same thing- couple of nice touches, a lucky goal but generally looks a bit lost. I’m confident buendia will come good

• Like 1

Â