Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Strongly assuming we haven’t seen anything like his best so far.

But if we have, we’ve been mugged off big time on the fee.

If there is one thing that was obvious against Newcastle, it's that we aren't a very cohesive side just yet. Particularly our attack.

We'll get better with Bailey, Traore, Watkins back and a number of games. Patience is all that is required.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I really fear for Leon, with the way this thread is going, after 2 games.

Every fanbase has its share of reactionary fans. The ones with more measured opinions don't tend to speak as loud.

5 hours ago, WHY said:

Wow, not sure what I’m more shocked by, your assessment or the fact 6 people have liked it. You make it sound like he was brilliant today. He’s definitely better than he has shown so far and will improve. He doesn’t look fit to me either atm. Was also quite surprised how slow he looked at times.

There's no suggestion that he was brilliant, just an acknowledgement that there were some things on show that demonstrate what he brings to the table. Here's a few examples:

His touch and calmness in our third meant instead of hacking a ball away we played out from the back on more than one occasion in the first half. 

His passes forward through Newcastle lines into CM looked like they would be cut out but were weighted so well they found a Villa man for a chance to break.

There was one occasion - when Luiz ended up shooting from the edge of box- where every other winger we have would have played a short pass to Cash, but Buendia slotted it between two defenders on an angle into the box.

It all sounds simple, but we haven't had a player that does this for a long time and although he's not as sharp as he'll end up being, he contributed well to the team today.

Edited by May-Z
  • Like 4

Looked a little off the pace today but he’s clearly not quite fit and needs to get in tune with his team mates. I’m sure he’ll be fine given tIme.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder if United fans are going to be expecting Sancho and Varane to hit the ground running in the first 2 games. New teams with stunted preseasons, it'll take a while for everyone to get in the groove, not just Emi. 

Exactly. I’m not worried about Buendia. I think he’ll be excellent for us. Still not sure on his best position though! 

• Like 1

He is the best passer of the ball that we have. He just needs to get used to his new surroundings and team mates. I thought he was ok yesterday and he will get much better. As others have said, having Ollie in the team will help him too. He needs someone to hit. Players like him rely on the clever movement of others. He can then create things with his clever passing. We were too static yesterday but that will improve as we hopefully move towards a more settled team.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Saw the defensive side of his game yesterday in spades, singlehandedly blunted a NUFC attack and made them play backwards - would now like to see more going forwards but he was certainly working hard. 

Yes definitely and played some decent passes quickened the tempo with his one touch passes, I think we’re just used to our 10 dropping deep with his back to goal demanding the ball and driving forward, instead of seeing our TEAM play!

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

just watched the extended highlights back, he did some lovely passes and some nice skill, he's a top player, i think once we have Bailey and Watkins back, and they all start to gel, he's gonna be great.

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well if he was better than at Watford ( First game of the season ), shouldn't that be an indication that he will progressively get better as games come, as fitness comes, as our best players come back to fitness, etc?

He was diabolical v watford, you'd expect any professional footballer to be better than that. I hope he makes me eat my words but he's yet to show his quality

It was a welcome three points yesterday, but even our own players have said that it was not a good 'team' performance.

Buendia is a talented footballer, and he will be a really good asset when we start to play as a unit with more intelligent movement and support. 

Two matches into the season we are still look ragged and are playing more as individuals than a team which doesn't suit Emiliano. With a fit Watkins, Bailey, Sanson and Traore to bring in, Buendia will have more available link up options. His incisive passing should become a key feature.

Hopefully our rumoured new coach will add value to our passing and movement in midfield.

38 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He was diabolical v watford, you'd expect any professional footballer to be better than that. I hope he makes me eat my words but he's yet to show his quality

If you didn't catch a glimpse of what he's about yesterday I really feel for you. Watching football must be a drab affair.

• Like 4

Absolutely no concerns about this kid, the guy is class. 

The team just need to gel, players first thought now isn’t ‘look left, where’s Jack’

Really think Emi is going to be a huge player for us moving forward. His work rate is incredible. Hard work + Skill/class = fans favourite. 

Â