Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

When you're signing a £30m+ player, and you have representatives in the country already to oversee a medical, it doesnt take much to email over a contract, get it printed, signed, and scanned back to you. Or even digitally signed

Watched a Ronaldinho thing once where he was signing his Barcelona contract. Took them about 10 hours to go through all the paperwork because he had to initial and sign every page and have key things pointed out to him. To my mind an agent does all that and a player just pops on a signature but it def wasn’t the case there, and even if half that time is more standard I can’t imagine the Argentina manager being happy with Emi missing a few hours of training to sign paperwork. Not to mention he’s in their bubble so I imagine no-one can see him from our side. They are a country with possibly the worst covid rates in the world right now so again can’t imagine they would be happy with someone waltzing in and out with the paperwork… sure you could do it on Docusign but you ‘could’ buy a house on Docusign, doesn’t mean you don’t still have to go sit in a room and all sign paperwork in person with the seller and the bank and the lawyers (I did anyway). 

I’m sure they’ll get it done when the rules allow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Interesting:

image.png.b19a582b60e1d953c133b8036b5aa2a5.png

You can't really just "adjust" for premier league standard like that imo, its always incredibly arbitrary. At least, not for individual stats like this. Always gets me when I see people try to do that.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You can't really just "adjust" for premier league standard like that imo, its always incredibly arbitrary. At least, not for individual stats like this. Always gets me when I see people try to do that.

Nah, for example looked how Jack Grealish absolutely dominated in The Championship, but struggled as soon as he got back to the higher standard of The Premier League.......actually,

The Amanda Show Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I recall his stats being pretty similar in the PL during 19/20.

qZSTlHV.png

Just need to see him in the glorious claret and blue to calm any fears.

May take a few games for him to start a wave length with the rest but I'm sure he is as safe a signing we could make which improves the team for a good few years.

7 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Just need to see him in the glorious claret and blue to calm any fears.

May take a few games for him to start a wave length with the rest but I'm sure he is as safe a signing we could make which improves the team for a good few years.

For the meantime…

image.thumb.jpeg.61f31ae4f733bacc55cb7028ac9c41c2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/Villa-confirm-club-record-Buendia-signing/

Head Coach Dean Smith said: “Emiliano has just completed an outstanding season in a championship-winning Norwich side with 31 combined goals and assists and was named player of the season across the league.

“He is equally capable as a wide attacker or as a number 10 and is a great addition to our attacking options. We are delighted to have made such an exciting signing so early in the summer and look forward to Emi joining up with us for a full pre-season.”

• Like 2

Â