Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Enough is enough, onto our next target. He has had his chance. If he turns up at body more overnight send him home. Didn’t think he was any good anyway. Now let’s have a look at this Kosovan left winger, plays  in Germany I believe

I've heard he never wanted to join us in the first place. 

Weird Fish Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Isn't the Copa America also on? Won't be involved in that?

Depends if he’s selected, hasn’t been involved in a game or in the squad since he was called up I believe..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jono62 said:

Isn't the Copa America also on? Won't be involved in that?

From memory - I though the club said he would undergo a medical on Tuesday after the (Argentina) game - I took that to mean is was all happening out there. The Alternative is that he completes a 14 hour flight to VP - signs the deal - and then flies back - which doesn't seem feasible.

I think its more likely we wait until his involvement with the Argentina squad is finished.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

From memory - I though the club said he would undergo a medical on Tuesday after the (Argentina) game - I took that to mean is was all happening out there. The Alternative is that he completes a 14 hour flight to VP - signs the deal - and then flies back - which doesn't seem feasible.

I think its more likely we wait until his involvement with the Argentina squad is finished.

When you're signing a £30m+ player, and you have representatives in the country already to oversee a medical, it doesnt take much to email over a contract, get it printed, signed, and scanned back to you. Or even digitally signed.

Even if we needed the original documents in our hands, to send to the FA, it would be an insignificant cost to have the contract couriered back to Villa Park over night, especially if it avoids the risk of you having someone come in and sneakily steal the £30m player away from you in the interim. Not sure that could even happen once its signed, wherever the document is.

I assume there are also photographers out there that do promo shots in front of non descript football pitches.

I doubt we'd have to wait for him to be back n England, but they may be choosing to if its all done and dusted, just so they can do a special reveal for our new record signing.

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Depends if he’s selected, hasn’t been involved in a game or in the squad since he was called up I believe..

What?  He sounds shit.  Let's back out before it's too late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ORIGINAL CLUB STATEMENT.

Aston Villa and Norwich City have reached an agreement for the transfer of Emiliano Buendia.

As Emiliano is currently in the Argentina national team’s biosecure bubble, preparing for a World Cup qualifying match with Colombia on Tuesday evening, he will undergo a medical and complete the transfer after the game.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/Villa-reach-agreement-for-Emiliano-Buendia/

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

When you're signing a £30m+ player, and you have representatives in the country already to oversee a medical, it doesnt take much to email over a contract, get it printed, signed, and scanned back to you. Or even digitally signed.

Even if we needed the original documents in our hands, to send to the FA, it would be an insignificant cost to have the contract couriered back to Villa Park over night, especially if it avoids the risk of you having someone come in and sneakily steal the £30m player away from you in the interim. Not sure that could even happen once its signed, wherever the document is.

I assume there are also photographers out there that do promo shots in front of non descript football pitches.

I doubt we'd have to wait for him to be back n England, but they may be choosing to if its all done and dusted, just so they can do a special reveal for our new record signing.

exactly my thoughts - the original club statement said he undergoes medical and signs after the game v Columbia on Tuesday - So where is he ? 

We don't really need a photoshoot from 100 different angles stretching a Kappa training shirt with some corrugated iron in the background just because we've spent a lot of money. We're not the Tyneside Twerps or Small Heath Alliance.

Edited by est1874

Â