Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yep, didnt make the first 11 or the bench, i guess he should be having his medical right now then??? :P

Didn't make bench vs Chile in previous game. I think he's only on periphery atm

50 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Oh man, I remember when the news broke, it was a bombshell. Nobody was expecting it. Next thing you know he's holding up the Villa kit with Houllier. Was surreal. I thought we were back in business. Turned out it only got worse from there.

Sign him a couple years earlier instead of Heskey and...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Not sure anything will beat the meltdown we had when we signed Bent. Was a lot of build up to it as well with whispers of a "meltdown man". Buendia is an excellent signing (and obviously better than Bent) but I think at this point we're becoming used to good signings.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Oh man, I remember when the news broke, it was a bombshell. Nobody was expecting it. Next thing you know he's holding up the Villa kit with Houllier. Was surreal. I thought we were back in business. Turned out it only got worse from there.

To be brutally honest though, the Bent signing was when we were on the slide, i wasnt remotely as excited for that signing as i am for Buendia.

The Buendia signing feels like a huge signing when we are on the up, it reminds me of the year we signed Young/Carew tbh (2006/07 ish), when we were on the up and made a statement signing effectively saying......"we are coming 4 u".

The Bent signing was more......."oh no we are gonna get relegated we had better buy someone quick before we are cooked", after a period of selling our best players, and not signing quality.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The “Dear England” letter.

Ok that is a well written letter no doubt, so I will change my statement.... He's an idiot when it comes to football.

When he gets the arse for a disastrous Euros he will no doubt make a great ambassador or the like somewhere.

• Like 1

Never seen him play aside from the highlight reels since he was linked with us...

Looks tip top and his stats suggest he is quite an exciting signing!

Excited to see how we can kick on with him and Jack feeding our Ollie!

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

You've actually written Tom Cleverly there. Actually taken the time to write his name, yet not even mentioned Shaw! 

disappointed the sandlot GIF

It was a joke at how crap Cleverly was… Perhaps that wound was too fresh so I apologise! That number 8 has had so many good players in it over the years. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It was a joke at how crap Cleverly was… Perhaps that wound was too fresh so I apologise! That number 8 has had so many good players in it over the years. 

Me

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

I am just sitting here imagining this guy on the right/center with grealish on the left /center and watkins ahead of them oh and plus our midfield and defenders who like to attack and score and assist. We are gonna be a threat.

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hope they've sent him the right sized shorts so we don't get wedgy Wednesday

Hope they've sent him shorts so we don't get willy Wednesday :( 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If anyone wants to smile / laugh / whack it this morning 

Glad he mentioned Nketiah, who some on here have posted should we sign for 20 million, and said he's probably not worth that. He's gash and Leeds fans do not rate or want him back either. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Me

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Now I have Escape to Victory on my mind.

Sly Stallone the best keeper the world has ever seen.

Â