Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

You can well imagine that the atmosphere at Arsenal could be quite unpleasant (not sure that's the right word but I'll go with it) with a lot of ego's and general cockiness. Probably old England style groups of players sticking together. 

You can equally imagine the atmosphere at Villa being far more down to earth/friendly/together. 

Kind of like the difference between London and Birmingham, just generally friendlier and more relaxed. 

He's probably finding it all a bit of a breath of fresh air even before you get to the fact he's now the first choice. 

No-one is walking around Arsenal dressed as a turkey… well, except Arteta maybe…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We were 5th in the league just behind Manchester United with 10.6 chances per game, and just above Leeds. Leicester is a fair bit below us at 9.5 and West Ham in 10th even below that with 9.0. Keep in mind, this is without our chance creating machine for 1/3 of the season. Add Buendia who was in the top 4 in the league in 19/20 despite playing for a top 5 worst team in PL history and I don't see how we won't be top tbh.

Everything went through him at Norwich. It’s why Jack gets such good numbers at Villa too, everything goes through him. If we’ve got Grealish and Buendia playing regularly in a settled side you’d expect their individual numbers to drop as we’d be able to mix it up.  Overall it’s a net gain, obviously, but you can’t just assume a new signing will contribute a number like he got at his previous club.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t be so negative. I want us twice as good. I expect 14 past Liverpool for a start.

It’s torture for oppo defences. Foul Jack or Emi around the box and you stop them,  but then JWP steps up for the set piece. We’re going to torment the gonads off almost every team next season. 

Honestly, we’re back. As in, this is not a drill, we’re coming to eat your reputation, back.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Fabrizio Romano tweet says final deal for Buendia was €34m plus add ons. That's only £29m even better if true

Think id read it again mate,  34+ add-ons for final total  is how i see it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Think id read it again mate,  34+ add-ons for final total  is how i see it

No Kiwi is right - Romano is saying €34m (euro) which is £29m (pounds). But personally I suspect the £34m cited elsewhere is more accurate based on the Norwich chairman’s comments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Fabrizio Romano tweet says final deal for Buendia was €34m plus add ons. That's only £29m even better if true

Bonuses will push that figure way up if he meets his marks.

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Add ons is same as bonuses. Was just saying €34m is better deal than £34m like £5m better

Ah, yeah I didn't see you wrote that. But the base price is very nice for a player like Buendia. Which must really piss off Arsenal fans even more.

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Key passes and chances created must be different that's why I went for another site which also uses Opta.

Either way key passes and chances created West Ham are due for regression on those numbers and the addition of Buendia should propel us up the table 

They are the similar. Key passes are you pass to a chance so a player creates a chance with a pass but overall chances created should include like solo goals or a player who pounces on a loose ball in the box.

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

In that team Douglas isn't strong enough to be the 6 he could play one of the two 8's.

It will be like that YouTube clip someone showed on why Arsenal should buy Buendia. Luiz and McGinn double #6 and Buendia free role #8. You can call formation 433 or 4231 and Buendia is the #10 but will be more about the role he plays

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Buendia doesn't win lots of free kicks. He gets quite a few penalties but not many free kicks. Like 1.5 a game which is really low for someone who dribbles as much as him. 

Going by his highlights he seems really determined to stay on his feet outside of the box, several times you can see him not go down as he is fouled , the ref gives it, emi just puts his hand on the ball and takes the free kick. Reminds me a bit of Messi in his pomp that way,, dude just didnt want to go down.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Going by his highlights he seems really determined to stay on his feet outside of the box, several times you can see him not go down as he is fouled , the ref gives it, emi just puts his hand on the ball and takes the free kick. Reminds me a bit of Messi in his pomp that way,, dude just didnt want to go down.

Aye. Seems a case of "I am more dangerous on my feet against a panicked defense than a settled one defending a dead ball".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Buendia doesn't win lots of free kicks. He gets quite a few penalties but not many free kicks. 

Thats ok...I prefer penalties!

Â