Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

25 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Buendia the best of the three by far, but to me it's a crying shame that we have technically gifted players such as Emi, Sanson and Traore - sitting on the damn bench every single game!

Oh come on. Buendia yes but getting upset about Traore sitting on the bench is silly. He’s a bench option at best. Sanson…who knows…he’s looked decent at times but two different managers clearly don’t want to start him, I’m guessing there’s a reason.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Oh come on. Buendia yes but getting upset about Traore sitting on the bench is silly. He’s a bench option at best. Sanson…who knows…he’s looked decent at times but two different managers clearly don’t want to start him, I’m guessing there’s a reason.

Why is it silly? Because you don't agree?

I like to be entertained, Traore is an entertainer, and averaged one goal contribution every 130 minutes in his first full PL season (7 goals, 7 assists). I'm not saying he should be starting every single game but I'd like to see him get more minutes.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I like to be entertained, Traore is an entertainer, and averaged one goal contribution every 130 minutes in his first full PL season (7 goals, 7 assists). I'm not saying he should be starting every single game but I'd like to see him get more minutes.

Seemed to me that he should've come on for Ings around the 55/60 minute. I definitely think you're right in wanting to give him more minutes, especially with Ings in a real finishing slump right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I suppose its silly because.  this is a buendia thread,  buendia is a class above traore consistency wise, Gerrard doesn't play wingers but does play attacking midfielders, buendia is clearly in much better form than any other attacking midfielder in the squad especially coutinho.  That said I too would like to see Traore and Sanson given a proper chance by Gerrard.  one of gerrards faults is that he has his favourite players and sticks with them no matter what.  he clearly doesn't trust the squad as a whole.

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

20220518_210928.jpg

Grealish with only 3 assists?! How many goals have Man City scored this season?! That’s an appalling return.

Good to see Buendia has 6, even Coutinho has 3 and he’s only been here a couple of months. 

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The point of it, is that he's played well. That he's made enough chances to have more. Which is very unsurprising.

Anyone that thinks Grealish isn't an incredible footballer is wrong.

Very good player but Weakens City. Cost them in the semi final.

Would have him back.

On topic - Emi can become better….

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would have him back.

How did he cost them sorry?

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How did he cost them sorry?

Missed two massive chances to finish the game off then failed to close down the cross for the equaliser.  100m you expect game changers but not in that way.  I suppose you could say Peps to blame for assuming the game was won and bringing him on.

Anyway it’s for the Grealish thread. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Missed two massive chances to finish the game off then failed to close down the cross for the equaliser.  100m you expect game changers but not in that way.  I suppose you could say Peps to blame for assuming the game was won and bringing him on.

Anyway it’s for the Grealish thread. 

First one - he was at full pelt. He probably should have either scored or assisted, but still, he made it, it happens... Sterling misses many sitters way worse than that.

Second one - that was not a massive chance. It was created out of nothing (by him) and it was a superb save.

Still did more than KDB who despite being undoubtedly world class, managed to freeze in the Bernabeu.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He doesn't weaken them.

Many errors in that game from City. He had one cleared off the line moments earlier.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He'll never be a £100m player as much as I love him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He doesn't weaken them.

Many errors in that game from City. He had one cleared off the line moments earlier.

He'll never be a £100m player as much as I love him.

I wouldn't say he " weakens them " but I don't think he adds enough to them, for the price tag, if that makes any sense? ( Partially due to playing style etc. )

I actually don't put that on Grealish, I put it down to City being greedy and just wanting to parade the League's crown jewels, because they can 🙄.

I wouldn't be surprised if a part of the strategy, was simply to take him off the market, before one of their direct competitors could get him.

When you look at the fact that they were also after Kane, it's so stupid it's incredible.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wouldn't say he " weakens them " but I don't think he adds enough to them, for the price tag, if that makes any sense?

I actually don't put that on Grealish, I put it down to City being greedy and just wanting to parade the League's crown jewels, because they can 🙄.

I wouldn't be surprised if a part of the strategy, was simply to take him off the market, before one of their direct competitors could get him.

When you look at the fact that they were also after Kane, it's so stupid it's incredible.

Sorry but for the umpteenth time - not true. Pep and Txiki had become a bit obsessed with him. They are both Spanish, Jack does have a bit of a Spanish style, and they really wanted him.

He'll come into his own there next season IMO. He'll realise how much his responsibility is growing there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would have him back.

Pep has ruined Grealish, so has Southgate 

Grealish was easily English football and maybe Europe most exciting player because Smith let him play and do his thing and he thrived

If Foden could have bundled that ball on the goalline in from Grealish's excellent cross, City would have sewn the game up there. "Cost them the game" is ridiculous, he was City's best player in the last 10 minutes of regulation.

• Like 3

I'm sure next season it'll be fair competition between Coutinho and Buendia. I think the success of Watkins and Ings when put as a partnership up top with one 10 behind them was the reason Buendia was dropped as Coutinho was in top form at the time. We won a few games in a row then. Coutinho hasn't been as good of late but with the whole transfer discussions going on it wasn't the time to drop him. I also think Gerrard wanted to give Bailey a run of games too, as he hasn't seen enough of him. It's why he was partnering Coutinho in the 10 role but naturally drifted wider.

I think with the 5 games in 2 weeks it was perfect for Gerrard to give Buendia a couple of starts. I know it sounds strange, but Gerrard doesn't need to see more of Buendia. He knows he is a class act and one of the most creative players in the team (along with Digne and Coutinho). Gerrard needs to know what he wants the makeup of his squad to be next season and needs to test others.

Coutinho being happy and helping us sign him for just 17m and to put him in line with the clubs top earners. That is fantastic. Now he's just another member of the squad like everyone else and tbf has a lot of credit in the bank the same as Watkins, McGinn, Mings, Cash etc... with Gerrard.

I am sure the two 10s will be played next season. I think with the right midfielder 3 balance the two 8s can get forward more. Training ground work means Buendia and Coutinho will learn more about how to play with their respective 8s and full backs. I think swapping McGinn and Ramsey will unlock more potential. So left side 3 will be Digne, McGinn, Coutinho. Right three will be Ramsey, Buendia, Cash. We'll have elite passing CB and CDM to build more play from the back as this approach creates more space further up than the balls over the top to Watkins does.

People need to see the big picture a bit more with regards Buendia and his game time in recent months. Coutinho signing and giving Bailey a chance (as he was deserving of based on his training Gerrard said) are valid big picture reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm sure next season it'll be fair competition between Coutinho and Buendia. I think the success of Watkins and Ings when put as a partnership up top with one 10 behind them was the reason Buendia was dropped as Coutinho was in top form at the time. We won a few games in a row then. Coutinho hasn't been as good of late but with the whole transfer discussions going on it wasn't the time to drop him. I also think Gerrard wanted to give Bailey a run of games too, as he hasn't seen enough of him. It's why he was partnering Coutinho in the 10 role but naturally drifted wider.

I think with the 5 games in 2 weeks it was perfect for Gerrard to give Buendia a couple of starts. I know it sounds strange, but Gerrard doesn't need to see more of Buendia. He knows he is a class act and one of the most creative players in the team (along with Digne and Coutinho). Gerrard needs to know what he wants the makeup of his squad to be next season and needs to test others.

Coutinho being happy and helping us sign him for just 17m and to put him in line with the clubs top earners. That is fantastic. Now he's just another member of the squad like everyone else and tbf has a lot of credit in the bank the same as Watkins, McGinn, Mings, Cash etc... with Gerrard.

I am sure the two 10s will be played next season. I think with the right midfielder 3 balance the two 8s can get forward more. Training ground work means Buendia and Coutinho will learn more about how to play with their respective 8s and full backs. I think swapping McGinn and Ramsey will unlock more potential. So left side 3 will be Digne, McGinn, Coutinho. Right three will be Ramsey, Buendia, Cash. We'll have elite passing CB and CDM to build more play from the back as this approach creates more space further up than the balls over the top to Watkins does.

People need to see the big picture a bit more with regards Buendia and his game time in recent months. Coutinho signing and giving Bailey a chance (as he was deserving of based on his training Gerrard said) are valid big picture reasons. 

If that's true, why didn't Sanson get the same?

Â