Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Yes he gave it away but so did others but he had an assist which would have been his goal anyway and should have had another and showed moments of real quality. We dont have other players like that. Even Luiz when in good positions either misplaced a pass or lost control. He will be quality for us i am convinced. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 4

Some of you seem so eager for him fail that you ignore any of the positive he's doing and focus on every single mistake, ignoring the context of the situations it happens. He's making things happen going forward, yes he plays with a higher risk  but it's also what's needed to make something happen. He still seems slightly off the pace, but he's improving. He got swarmed by up to 4 players whenever he had the ball  and struggled as a result. He rarely had any easy options. Regardless off that he managed to work through that and grew into the game. He didn't get any help from the referre either, quite the contrary. Give it a few months and he'll be up to speed.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

he had an assist which would have been his goal anyway

Don’t mean to undermine your point because I agree with it, but on this specific piece I am 99% certain his header was going to hit the post - crucial touch from Konsa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t mean to undermine your point because I agree with it, but on this specific piece I am 99% certain his header was going to hit the post - crucial touch from Konsa.

I thought it looked like the tiniest of touches which didnt change the direction of the ball but ok maybe I'm wrong

26 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The N'Zogbia comparisons are pathetic...   Buendia runs himself into the ground every single game in the press and has moments of sheer brilliance in every match.  He's used to more time on the ball and a bit more protection from the referees when getting challenged.  He'll figure it out by the end of the season. 

I get the impression he’d headbutt the advertising boards if it meant he could play a back heel into Watkins. Patience with him is vital

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Still think he will come good. 

But he is showing shades of Nzogbia to be honest. 

Very frustrating player. 

What is even meant by this. Charles was one of the laziest players I have ever seen play for us. They have nothing in common. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolutely not. 

Largely woeful. 

If he wasn’t Argentinian and cost 38m you’d all be saying he was poor for the most part because he was.

Im sorry, but little glimpses here and there aren’t enough. He’s dire in possession. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Averaging 7.15 on WhoScored. Took his header very well, looks to be one or two steps of some when seeking to play it out, sometimes think he does not always have to take as many touches or flicks when overcrowded in the middle. Leicester targeted him a lot in the game. Delicious back heel during the second half to launch an attack.

Many suffered from a poor, flat-footed first half, I don't get the hate. He's become too easy of a scapegoat for some.

6 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

What is even meant by this. Charles was one of the laziest players I have ever seen play for us. They have nothing in common. 

He is doing way more bad stuff than he is doing good stuff.

I expect so much more from him.

Just being honest bud. Very disappointed with him.

Â