Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Great news! 

I couldn’t give a flying **** about FIFA. 

gotta say i 100% support this.

Either find a way around it with testing etc, or they can do one, we cant have players missing multiple games, losing fitness etc, just cus of covid restrictions.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nice Canary said:

Hey Villa fans, visiting canary.

Just wondered what your early thoughts are on Emi?

Clearly loved at Carrow Road and we were gutted that we didn't get to see him at all last season live.

Seen a few posts about him in the No. 10 position, not a position that he really played for us that often so interested to see how he progresses.

Seen a few highlights of your games and looks like he is settling in, you saw glimpses in pre-season of what he is capable of so hoping you see the same during the season.

For my view I wonder/worry how well he will adapt to a 'position', sounds weird but he never really had a position at Norwich and was just allowed to roam free with Cantwell doing the same, clearly we could do that in the Championship but as we are already finding out the PL is a bit different 😆

Anyway, interested in your thoughts.

I was excited when we signed him and I still am now. He's clearly not up to scratch just yet considering the major disruption to both his and our entire pre-season, but we've seen glimpses of his quality. Some of the passes he pulled off in the Newcastle game were sublime. I can't name another player in our squad who could make passes like that with such consistency.

He's a proper rottweiler off the ball, too. We've had issues with our wingers rarely tracking back to help out the fullbacks the last couple of seasons, but there's no danger of that with this fella. I think it's more likely he'll snap someone in half by accident than leave his fullback exposed.

In short, I'm looking forward to seeing him in full flow and he's still for me our signing of the window.

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Very happy about this, I couldnt really give a rats about international football and any decision that keeps our players here and not out potentially getting sick or injured not playing for the club is the right one IMO.

On Emi I think he's showed a lot of what we bought him for, the consistency in games isnt there yet as he gets used to our set up and what his new team mates are doing but you can easily see the quality of his vision and delivery already.

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What do you think of Cantwell really? I really like him. 

On his day he can be unplayable and as good as Emi but not as consistent.

What goes in his and out favour is that he is English so that instantly makes him worth what Emi was worth but only because of the market.

This is a big year for him, he has 2 yrs left and if he wants a big move then he needs to be more consistent.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Just wondering from your perspective, was he someone who was physically slow last year? 

That's the most surprising thing I've noticed these two games and I'm wondering if it's fitness or actually lack of pace is a weakness of his. 

He's not got blistering pace but because he has great fee he didn't really need it (in the Championship).

I'm keen to see how he performs week in week out in the PL, he did well for us but new player, new league, slightly unknown etc usually allows more space and time, he won't get that now with his price tag.

It's the same with all players that transition from the champs to PL I guess, so excel like Watkins did for you, others struggle more.

He's not a Grealish but will work his backside off for the team.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Hey, welcome!

Anyone on here who is writing him off is just an idiot tbh.

There is no doubting Emi is super talented, we saw a couple of his through balls in pre season to set up goals (versus Walsall) that were just sublime, he is clearly very talented and i have no doubt he will be a super player for us, also, as im sure you know, his work rate is massively underrated.

I think any minor issues could be down to lack of fitness, injuries and lack of minutes, but this goes for quite a few of our players due to our shambolic pre season, which has impacted us quite a bit, i have no doubt once he gets some more minutes under his belt, and we get some key players back like Watkins and Bailey, we will start to see something special from our "front 4".

We seem to have some fairly annoying issues that we have had niggling injuries throughout our forward line, meaning that (i think) none of what i would class as our first choice forward line have really been able to play together (Ings, Watkins, Bailey, Buendia - and maybe even Traore), and likely wont until after the international break.

I think once we get a settled and familiar front 4 of Buendia, Watkins, Ings and Bailey (by front 4 i mean the core forward players in a 433, 4231 or 4411 etc), i have no doubt we will see some breathtaking forward play.

So ye, i like him, and i think he's gonna be amazing for us, especially once he gets to know our other new players and they all gel.

Honestly, i wanted Buendia when you got relegated 12-14 months ago, and to see us actually get him this summer, i was super surprised and excited, i think it was a massive coup for Villa, and if im brutally honest, i wasnt sure we were in a position to attract him if other clubs came in for him, im super happy we did though, i thinks he's a special talent.

Thanks for the welcome.

He is an exceptional talent and we were lucky to have had the pleasure of watching him play, there is no doubt he was the key reason as to why we were do successful in the Championship.

In reality we did unbelievably well to pluck him from obscurity in Spain when no one else was prepared to take a gamble on him.

Was also stunned that no one took him the last time.

59 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This is a good start. 

Now scrap International football all together. No one would care. 

That is never going to happen.Too much $ in it for FIFA.

I like watching the US play and tbh if had the choice of US winning the WC or Villa winning the Prem be tough decision for me tbh.

But I do see the other side of the coin regarding club vs country.

Â