Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’m sure it will come, doesn’t change my mind that he reminds me of Gil though; that second half in particular he looked lost at times which is somewhat expected. I still don’t like the setup of our midfield but that’s for another thread. 

By the second half he was wiped out, he clearly isn't up to speed following the injury yet. He is a total footballer, he runs himself into the ground. Unlike Carles **** Gil.

• Like 1

Again, sure but that doesn’t change my mind. I didn’t say he was exactly like Gil, I said he reminds me of Gil. He has quality  no one can deny that but the performances so far remind me of Gil of his early days. I don’t get why people are defensive over it. Everyone knows he will improve and Buendia has shown in it in this league, I even said it was very early days. It’s really not a criticism. 

This guy will shine with Ings,Ollie and Bailey all showing for the ball in front of him.

Now…. if they aren’t we need someone who he can confidently give it to who can hold play up and wait for the right moment.

Fast forward two years and Jacob Ramsey could be that man.

For now we need to bring someone in.

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Absolute rubbish. He played at least 3 line breaking passes yesterday that Carlos Gil couldn't have dreamt of no matter how much cheese he caned well past his bedtime. 

He looked class in the first half, gassed by the second, but he's some footballer. Our issue at the moment is cohesion rather than individual ability. It'll come. 

This...  He'll thrive in a team with all three of Bailey, Watkins, and McGinn making runs in behind the defense for him to play in.  He's best on the counter attack.  

• Like 1

There is an article in the Daily Mail stating that Buendia & Martinez (and other South American players called up internationally), might miss some PL games due to the 10 day isolation on return.

Is this right?!!?

If they stay for Bolivia (10/09) & it's a WC Qualifier so I expect they will. They'll miss Chelsea (11/09) and Everton (18/09) but be back for Man U (25/09)

If they come back after Brazil (05/09) and miss the Bolivia game they will miss Chelsea only.

Dougie has the exact same situation. Argentina 05/09 and Peru 10/09. Hopefully he isn't allowed to go considering he was at the Olympics or isn't selected.

As is Leon Bailey. In Jamaica (05/09) playing Panama and playing then Vs Costa Rica (9/09). Costa Rica is also on the Red list.

Chelsea game becomes a bit of a write off. As if all selected we'll be missing: Martinez, Buendia, Dougie and Bailey.

24 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

If they stay for Bolivia (10/09) & it's a WC Qualifier so I expect they will. They'll miss Chelsea (11/09) and Everton (18/09) but be back for Man U (25/09)

If they come back after Brazil (05/09) and miss the Bolivia game they will miss Chelsea only.

Dougie has the exact same situation. Argentina 05/09 and Peru 10/09. Hopefully he isn't allowed to go considering he was at the Olympics or isn't selected.

As is Leon Bailey. In Jamaica (05/09) playing Panama and playing then Vs Costa Rica (9/09). Costa Rica is also on the Red list.

Chelsea game becomes a bit of a write off. As if all selected we'll be missing: Martinez, Buendia, Dougie and Bailey.

This is a bit shit but I’d rather they miss these players in a game we’re likely to lose anyway than a game against a team around us.  So if they miss Chelsea fine. Shame if they miss Everton. 

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is a bit shit but I’d rather they miss these players in a game we’re likely to lose anyway than a game against a team around us.  So if they miss Chelsea fine. Shame if they miss Everton. 

Don't games get postponed if you're missing a significant chunk of your starting 11 due to international duty?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? Don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen…

Might be making it up.  Seems a bit of a joke that these aren't being played the same time as our own qualifiers, but guess it's too much to ask that football confederations actually coordinate with each other. 

15 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Gotta say it's pretty stupid we're allowing these players to go and miss multiple games for us. This is 4 key players we're talking about, ridiculous. 

FIFA says PL clubs can’t withhold South American players from going off for international duty. Villa have no choice in the matter.

Â