Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Of all the names that were circling last summer, I wanted Buendia the most. Once they got promoted I thought that was it for our chances of ever getting him. I can't believed we actually pulled this off. 

Wonder if you can place bets on Villa topping the chance creation chart next season? 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Of all the names that were circling last summer, I wanted Buendia the most. Once they got promoted I thought that was it for our chances of ever getting him. I can't believed we actually pulled this off. 

Wonder if you can place bets on Villa topping the chance creation chart next season? 

How many chances did we create this season compared to say West Ham and Leicester out of interest?

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

How many chances did we create this season compared to say West Ham and Leicester out of interest?

We were 5th in the league just behind Manchester United with 10.6 chances per game, and just above Leeds. Leicester is a fair bit below us at 9.5 and West Ham in 10th even below that with 9.0. Keep in mind, this is without our chance creating machine for 1/3 of the season. Add Buendia who was in the top 4 in the league in 19/20 despite playing for a top 5 worst team in PL history and I don't see how we won't be top tbh.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We were 5th in the league just behind Manchester United with 10.6 chances per game, and just above Leeds. Leicester is a fair bit below us at 9.5 and West Ham in 10th even below that with 9.0

I was using who scored but then is key passes so got chances created off a more detailed stats database

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I was using who scored but then is key passes so got chances created off a more detailed stats database

I was using Whoscored as well, and Fbref which is a lot more detailed seems to have the same numbers for Key Passes. Think they all get em from Opta.

Edited by Keyblade

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We were 5th in the league just behind Manchester United with 10.6 chances per game, and just above Leeds. Leicester is a fair bit below us at 9.5 and West Ham in 10th even below that with 9.0. Keep in mind, this is without our chance creating machine for 1/3 of the season. Add Buendia who was in the top 4 in the league in 19/20 despite playing for a top 5 worst team in PL history and I don't see how we won't be top tbh.

Interesting....bare in mind Leicester still scored 13 more goals than us and West Ham 7 more than us.

We do need to be so much better at set pieces which is where Ward Prowse comes into play I imagine given Soucek scores so many goals for them powering into the box to nod in a corner or free kick and their CBs can also chip in with a few a season like I think Ogbonna did scoring v us down there. It's only really Konsa from our defenders and midfielders who ever seems to get on the end of our rare decent free kicks and corners.

Still feels we could do with another killer finisher in the squad as likes of Traore just scuff so many decent chances with extra touch or mediocre shot and Ollie isn't the best one on one with keeper although can obviously improve that over next few seasons.

60+ goals an obvious target for next season.

Worth remembering even in the weeks before Jack got injured we weren't scoring that much, just 2 goals v Southampton, West Ham, Arsenal and Brighton.

If we're largely posting top 6 stats at both ends of the pitch again next season we need to be a little closer in league position than we were this season I think but you can measure it in so many ways of course e.g. we were firmly bottom half for points won from losing positions.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I was using Whoscored as well, and Fbref which is a lot more detailed seems to have the same numbers for Key Passes. Think they all get em from Opta.

Key passes and chances created must be different that's why I went for another site which also uses Opta.

Either way key passes and chances created West Ham are due for regression on those numbers and the addition of Buendia should propel us up the table 

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

TBH, I don't think it's so much that he hates Arsenal, more that he loves Villa (and he can see we're on an upward trajectory). 

You can well imagine that the atmosphere at Arsenal could be quite unpleasant (not sure that's the right word but I'll go with it) with a lot of ego's and general cockiness. Probably old England style groups of players sticking together. 

You can equally imagine the atmosphere at Villa being far more down to earth/friendly/together. 

Kind of like the difference between London and Birmingham, just generally friendlier and more relaxed. 

He's probably finding it all a bit of a breath of fresh air even before you get to the fact he's now the first choice. 

I’ve said before that this was my number one wish, I’m still pinching myself we got it done, and so quickly.

Im 42 now, I’ve experienced good managers, I’ve experienced good (or trying chairman, one for another thread). But In my time as a fan I’ve never been completely happy with both.

We are now the real deal. 

Â