Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I said this pretty much last night.

I'd go with Grealish Left still, Buendia  either center or right but there's still one spot we could buy for and I'd make that Pereira and maybe have Buendia take up the no10 so Pereira can be on the right in his main position.

Having Pereira, Buendia and Grealish support Watkins, I have no worries at all that goals are going to flow and it's going to be a gushing time.

Buendia AND Pereira signing in one window!? Don't tease me!

I don't think that'll happen now. I'm not sure we should either. We need to leave a path for some of those outstanding youth players, particularly Chukwuemeka to make it to the first team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Smith won't drop Traore after debut season he had. That would be a waste of money and talent. He's earned the right to be in first XI. Baggies will be wanting 30m for Pereira after Buendia fee and doubt we're laying down that money with capable players already regardless of what VT thinks of some of them

Why not, he'd be an excellent sub to bring on.

Sure Traore is better than Ghazi but to have both of them as sub Wingers next season is an already much improved bench. We don't know what Smith is thinking yet. I do agree that Traore at times looks great but he had many games where he were flat. Yeah it were his first season and I'm not saying get rid, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have Buendia take a no 10 role and bring Pereira in to start on the right Wing all while Traore must fight for his place.

We was always going to come around to this where upgrades make this kind of situation happen. Just because someone had a decent first season doesn't mean you stop looking for better does it? If you see someone who can be of service like Pereira would on the right, if the money is there then you grab him.

To be honest in terms of keeper and defence, we do not need anyone. We need a new CDM for deffo. Are we even going to go for a striker given Wesley is back and Watkins is the man o steel. The way I see it is we buy a CDM, buy a Midfielder to play behind the no 10 and even then Pereira would be fantastic for that if he were to support either Grealish or Buendia if they play 10. Then a Right Winger.

See for me i had four total signings in mind a RW, CDM, Midfielder and CAM. With Buendia he could either be that CAM or RW and there's still another 3 signings I hope join us.

We have players who can play multiple positions. Jack and Buendia on the wings or Jack in 10 and Buendia and Traore on wings. Lots of options depending on opposition and if we're home/away

We won't be signing Pereira after we've already signed Buendia, they both play the same position, and are too similar in style, you could say that Traore is similar in style to Pereira as well. Pereira wasn't even that good over the course of the season, was only in the last ten or so games that he started playing well, if he'd have performed for the rest of the season West Brom might have had a chance of staying up.

I don't think we will be signing any more 'no.10' or winger types this summer, but if were to it would be on someone that would give us something different to what we already have.

Maybe a pacey centre-forward that can also play out wide might happen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why not, he'd be an excellent sub to bring on.

Sure Traore is better than Ghazi but to have both of them as sub Wingers next season is an already much improved bench. We don't know what Smith is thinking yet. I do agree that Traore at times looks great but he had many games where he were flat. Yeah it were his first season and I'm not saying get rid, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have Buendia take a no 10 role and bring Pereira in to start on the right Wing all while Traore must fight for his place.

We was always going to come around to this where upgrades make this kind of situation happen. Just because someone had a decent first season doesn't mean you stop looking for better does it? If you see someone who can be of service like Pereira would on the right, if the money is there then you grab him.

To be honest in terms of keeper and defence, we do not need anyone. We need a new CDM for deffo. Are we even going to go for a striker given Wesley is back and Watkins is the man o steel. The way I see it is we buy a CDM, buy a Midfielder to play behind the no 10 and even then Pereira would be fantastic for that if he were to support either Grealish or Buendia if they play 10. Then a Right Winger.

See for me i had four total signings in mind a RW, CDM, Midfielder and CAM. With Buendia he could either be that CAM or RW and there's still another 3 signings I hope join us.

People that have watched him more than I have have said Pereira goes missing in games. I think he will cost probably near double what we paid for Traore. Do you want to have twice the price player than Traore to maybe have same faults and what then another upgrade next season because we have rich owners and it's not our money? I still think we need to be smart about signings

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Smith won't drop Traore after debut season he had. That would be a waste of money and talent. He's earned the right to be in first XI. Baggies will be wanting 30m for Pereira after Buendia fee and doubt we're laying down that money with capable players already regardless of what VT thinks of some of them

Have to agree Traoré is pretty much nailed on to start, brilliant first season fro me loved watching him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Pereira won't come in now he could still end up at Norwich but seems Leeds are the front runners, we can only have so many creative players.

Well considering we only have Grealish and now Buendia as Creative players having a third isn't over the top at all.

Pereira, Grealish and buendia are all different in what they do and how they do it.

Pereira for me is a player who is a supportive creative player that you could easy stick behind a no10 because of the way he actually supports  both defensive and attacking players.

I am not Smith and Co anyway so who know who they will bring in. I don't think there'd be any harm in having Pereira who is fast, tricky, pressuring and a good intercepting player of the ball alongside Buendia and Grealish. I think when people wanted Mcginn on the bench towards end of the season gone, well Pereira is the guy you bring in to replace Mcginn that's miles more of what you want to see.

14 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Buendia AND Pereira signing in one window!? Don't tease me!

I don't think that'll happen now. I'm not sure we should either. We need to leave a path for some of those outstanding youth players, particularly Chukwuemeka to make it to the first team.

It maybe won't happen but imagine if it did mate.

It's possible, I certainly don't think weve even started yet in terms of a statement signing, i think that's yet to come. I think we will break the transfer record again.

Chuk could easy get in if we have him partner to Luiz. Barry could easy get in some minutes if we sell Davis and have Barry jump in as third striker. There are moves we can make to make sure youth get and see some time.

Edited by Dave-R

26 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Where do we expect him to play? Right side would see Traore drop out. I think it's more likely we'll see him start centre before all hell breaks loose and him Grealish and Traore start the interchanging. It's a mouthwatering propect!

Right side. 

Traore not good enough. Despite his flash of brilliance every now and then his decision making is awful. 

Just now, Dave-R said:

It's possible, I certainly don't think weve even started yet in terms of a statement signing, i think that's yet to come. I think we will break the transfer record again.

Stop talking dirty, can not concentrate on my work................

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Chuk could easy get in if we have him partner to Luiz.

Is Chuk an 8? I see him more as a 10.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I think when people wanted Mcginn on the bench towards end of the season gone, well Pereira is the guy you bring in to replace Mcginn that's miles more of what you want to see.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Pereira an attacking mid for a double pivot CM? Sounds like you just want to sign all the fancy names and to hell with team cohesion like the latter means nothing

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well considering we only have Grealish and now Buendia as Creative players having a third isn't over the top at all.

Pereira, Grealish and buendia are all different in what they do and how they do it.

Pereira for me is a player who is a supportive creative player that you could easy stick behind a no10 because of the way he actually supports  both defensive and attacking players.

I am not Smith and Co anyway so who know who they will bring in. I don't think there'd be any harm in having Pereira who is fast, tricky, pressuring and a good intercepting player of the ball alongside Buendia and Grealish. I think when people wanted Mcginn on the bench towards end of the season gone, well Pereira is the guy you bring in to replace Mcginn that's miles more of what you want to see.

Hey look if we could get him for the reported 15 mil and he'd be happy to be a squad player go for it, just don't feel we are that big a pull for players just yet.

When you say you are not Smith and Co? Not a Smith fan?

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Right side. 

Traore not good enough. Despite his flash of brilliance every now and then his decision making is awful. 

He really is good enough, he's had an excellent first season back in the PL!

Chukwuemeka is a box-to-box midfielder that happens to be also very creative and good at attacking play, he probably could play as a no.10 but that's not really the position he plays for the U23s, U23s play with two attacking No.8s rather than one no.10. When he first breaks into the side I think he'll play as an attacking midfielder, which isn't the same as a no.10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â