Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

It’s no different to how we would feel if we had sold Jack to Everton the season we got promoted. We’d have grudgingly accepted selling him to a Manchester or Madrid club but would have lost our shit if we’d flogged him to Everton (or even Spurs/Arsenal). 

And a purple unicorn would fly through my window and give me midnight lessons on the accordion.

None of what you said was ever going to happen.

21 minutes ago, AJ said:

And a purple unicorn would fly through my window and give me midnight lessons on the accordion.

None of what you said was ever going to happen.

That’s not really the point is it. They didn’t think the move to Villa was going to happen and you can understand their frustration. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I disagree mate. Norwich accepted one offer and that was ours. So his decision was join us or stay at Norwich. So he hasn’t chosen us over Arsenal.  But end of the day, who cares? He’s our player. 

Don’t want to argue cause it’s happy days but come on, that’s clearly not the case. No one finalises a deal before the transfer window even opens to a club they don’t want to move to.

I know this is a bit unusual cause it’s only the Liverpools and Man Utds who seem to get these kind of deals done early since players really want to join those teams, but we’re back and it’s happening to us again. Let’s revel in that fact. He chose us.

• Like 2

Haven't been on for a couple of days and it seems like this is now actually happening? Brilliant.

Gotta say I'm extremely impressed by how the club is run these days. Genuinely didn't expect him to end up here instead of Arsenal!

The Arsenal fans really are a smug bunch of bastards.

The incredulity in his voice every time he mentioned Buendia going to Aston Villa - unbelievable.

They are not so much upset about losing out on him, as on losing out to Aston Villa.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I disagree mate. Norwich accepted one offer and that was ours. So his decision was join us or stay at Norwich. So he hasn’t chosen us over Arsenal.  But end of the day, who cares? He’s our player. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

You called my bluff, it actually reads:

"Emi Buendia injured his abdominal muscles this morning from laughing too hard at all the Arsenal fans on Twitter who can't believe he would choose the mighty Villa over some circus act. It is believed that Jack Grealish has suffered a similar injury, having laughed for 12 hours nonstop at the idea that this clears the way for him to move to Arsenal"

Much better, the most believed translation yet..

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Rashica is a speedster who had an injury to his hamstring last season. Once those hamstring injuries start it's difficult to get right after that. Unfortunately for him we've moved on. Emi is far superior to him.

But alas that thread needs to be crushed like :

smash GIF

Is that Jean Claude Van damme from Bloodsport.

All I am hearing in my head is Bolo saying " very good but brick not hit back"

art bloodsport GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

li GIF

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/neVMhPmu9EOTMdON-dsnwg/Show/Why-Buendia-capture-can-turn-Aston-Villa-into-European-contenders

Fantastic article on what Buendia does for us tactically...

Buendia created at least 36 more goalscoring chances (122) than any other player in England's second tier last term and was top for clear-cut chances created (18) in the division. On top of that, only Kevin De Bruyne (18) has made more accurate through balls than Buendia (12) since the start of the 2019/20 Premier League. For the uninitiated, Buendia played 2020/21 in the Championship... 

The impending arrival of Buendia also lessens the need to sign a number 10. He essentially plays that role off the right wing, so Smith would be able to play a 4-3-3 more frequently than the 4-2-3-1 he used 27 times in the Premier League last season. In John McGinn, Marvelous Nakamba, Douglas Luiz, Morgan Sanson and Jacob Ramsey, coupled with rumoured interest in James Ward-Prowse, Smith isn't short of central midfield options and the use of a system would allow Buendia, Grealish and Watkins the opportunity to really hurt opponents in the final third, safe in the knowledge the Villa goal is protected by those behind them. 

Â