Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He didn’t tweet his signature statement so it’s all speculation still 

Yeah, as @uselesssaid it's just confirming their interest. 

But if it's true they've been in discussions since December it would seem they have a strong case. 

I'm not sure why people are having a meltdown over that Romano tweet... It says...

'Emiliano Buendia is one of the options that Arsenal are seriously considering as potential new signing. He’s appreciated and #AFC board have re-started contacts with his agents after opening talks in December. '

First of all

'one of the options'

implies just like the telegraph and athletic articles that he's not even first choice,

and then 'AFC board have started contacts with his agents',

just because they're in contact with his agent that doesn't mean to say that they're going to sign him, every club in the league will have a list of targets that they're interested in for any one position they won't just be in talks with the first choice's agent, but also the second and third choices as well...  So basically it doesn't tell us anything that we didn't already know from the Athletic and Telegraph stories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

£40 million for buendia 

Or

£40 million for Berkley 

£40 million on buendia sounds very good value to me.

Would be surprised if we had to pay that amount in one go, I would expect if we are in for 3 x £40 million type players then 3/4 will be upfront with the rest spread around for the following financial year.

Deals are always spread over the lifetime of the contract unless negotiated otherwise.

We are never signing barkley. If we were to spend 40 million on Buendia a far more apt comparison would be Leon Bailey. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not sure why people are having a meltdown over that Romano tweet... It says...

'Emiliano Buendia is one of the options that Arsenal are seriously considering as potential new signing. He’s appreciated and #AFC board have re-started contacts with his agents after opening talks in December. '

First of all

'one of the options'

implies just like the telegraph and athletic articles that he's not even first choice,

and then 'AFC board have started contacts with his agents',

just because they're in contact with his agent that doesn't mean to say that they're going to sign him, every club in the league will have a list of targets that they're interested in for any one position they won't just be in talks with the first choice's agent, but also the second and third choices as well...  So basically it doesn't tell us anything that we didn't already know from the Athletic and Telegraph stories.

The art or regurgitating news that's already in the public domain and adding a bit of vague nonsense at the end. Another Twitter spoofer can't believe millions follow his nonsense. He's no villareport😄

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well if Arsenal do end up signing him because Real Madrid won't deal with them for Odegaard, maybe we should make a cheeky bid for him instead :D 

didn't really impress me for arsenal tho

We was linked to him when we was in the championship 

11 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Day two of the season having ended and we've already gone from "it's happening.gif" to "ah well, on to the next one".

Gonna be a long summer this...

There's the potential for it to be like this quite often tbf - we're going to be looking at desirable players and there's plenty of competition for them about. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There's the potential for it to be like this quite often tbf - we're going to be looking at desirable players and there's plenty of competition for them about. 

Agreed. It would be really interesting to speak to some current Prem footballers, agents etc and get an unbiased take on how Villa is currently viewed by people in the game. Our manager, squad, owners etc.

It’s clear from reading fans of other clubs that they haven’t really caught on to the extent of our owners wealth and ambition, Just wonder if that extends to potential employees, too? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we blow Arsenal out of the water with any bid.

No problems if someone wants to go elsewhere. He'll regret it in 12 months time, just like Rashica does.

We're on the rise, Arsenal are definitely not.

Whilst I'm resigned to him joining Arsenal you can't discount the possibility of us seriously throwing enough cash to win the signature.

Some may recall that actually Spurs were front-runners for Watkins for a big part of the window and allegedly we were just far more aggressive in the bidding war and made sure we got our man...

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agreed. It would be really interesting to speak to some current Prem footballers, agents etc and get an unbiased take on how Villa is currently viewed by people in the game. Our manager, squad, owners etc.

It’s clear from reading fans of other clubs that they haven’t really caught on to the extent of our owners wealth and ambition, Just wonder if that extends to potential employees, too? 

I think we are viewed in a very similar way to Leicester just before they had their title winning season.

Not that I’m saying we will emulate them but the majority of us had no idea what Leicesters owners were building at the time.

Edited by MarkLillis

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

I think we are viewed in a very similar way to Leicester just before they had their title winning season.

Not that I’m saying we will emulate them but the majority of us had no idea what Leicesters owners were building at the time.

Not encouraging, but not unreasonable either. Let’s hope Purslow can promote the club to quality signings as well as he promotes himself. 

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Let Buendia go to Arsenal. He's overrated anyway. Let's take Saka from them instead. 

Yeah, we’ve as much chance of landing him as they have of Grealish! 

We’re by no means out of the race yet, let’s see how things pan out…

I would think Norwich would want to get this wrapped up asap so they have time to find and bring in reinforcements.

We have a chance, I don’t see why we should be intimated by Arsenal and believe they are automatically the front runners…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

going to be tough next season with our relegation battle with Norwich (According to Norwich fans) 

Well truth be told, I can see where they are coming from.

We finished 11th this season, but barely survived last one. For other teams I can see their belief we are at most a midtable next season. So lets show em wrong by getting to Europe. And hope that Lange, Smith, NSWE can convince people of what we are building here.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hmm, not sure it’s their priority. They have ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Auba, Willian and Pepe who all tend to play across that front 3 behind the striker. Then there is Odegaard also on loan. They’re absolutely stacked in that position. 

Dropping further back, they have Partey and that’s about it in terms of decent defensive, box to box midfielders. Their defence is a mess. Bellerin is average and their centre halves are pretty rubbish too. 

I’d argue they need to spend their budget on centre backs and central midfielders rather than attacking players. They also had to sell players in order to find transfers last season. 

Im pretty sure we can blow them out of the water with wages and transfer fees tbh. With the likes of Heaton, Taylor, Elmo, Barkley etc. going, our squad actually is fairly small meaning we have room to spend big on 2/3 players (including wages) and it not become unsustainable.

So yes, I think Arsenal are in for him, but so are we and we’re a different animal these days. 

The interesting thing with Arsenal imo is what you said here. They already have 5 players who play in forward positions (Willian possibly leaving) and Odegaard on loan who they also seem keen on. I don't see why they or Buendia would go there without assurances of first team football, and even then they only have domestic games to worry about, so that's already less rotation for the players.  

Â