Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, Designer1 said:

See I thought I was being clever, when all along you were playing on a higher level 👏

I'd take Abraham back tomorrow because it's not my cash and I'm sentimental but the Tammy talk in here went from zero to WTF in the blink of an eye.

Instantly I wanted all the bacon and eggs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It makes zero sense if it was an either or situation. It woudln't make sense to sign Tammy when we have Ollie, when we have a glaring need for a player like Buendia in our midfield

Again i ask what happens if ollie gets injured ? Or hits a bad patch of form?

Who do you suggest can step in?

No one seems to be able to answer this question.

At the moment the options are davis and wesley

We wont ever challenge for europe if we are not lookjng for quality additions all over the pitch.

For me i think if we can get both keep guilbert or have kelsser ar back right to cash then not invest too much on backup left back.

That would loan one spot in cm

38 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Should he come to us, where do people see him start? Attacking midfielder or from the right?  I suppose he gives us a great option in both positions.

I think I would prefer him centrally but feel our weaknesses (or inconsistent performers) are on the flanks - so I hope we are still looking at improvements in those areas.

Grealish - Buendia - Traore

El Ghazi - Grealish - Buendia

Would be our two main options I would think, assuming we added him and not another attacking mid. And I guess we would use a mix of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MentalM said:

Which areas of the pitch do you see us needing to strengthen the most?

For me a striker and wider player are the ones we need to spend big on if the budget is there. 

Cover for left back definitely 

Right back i think keep guilbert or promote kessler to cover cash save some money there

We need a cm most likely to cover void for barkley.

So i think four players - unless engels leaves then we need another cb.  But i would keep him.

Steer should be no 2 to martinez im happy with that

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I guess the idea is that we sign a striker who isn't going to blow 50% of our transfer budget. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For me a striker and wider player are the ones we need to spend big on if the budget is there. 

Cover for left back definitely 

Right back i think keep guilbert or promote kessler to cover cash save some money there

We need a cm most likely to cover void for barkley.

So i think four players - unless engels leaves then we need another cb.  But i would keep him.

Steer should be no 2 to martinez im happy with that

I guess we are kinda similar, except I believe its more importance to strengthen the DM position, while you deem striker as more pressing.

When I write CAM -> basically someone like Grealish who can pair with him in one of the CAM or AML (and be a creative force). A direct replacement of Barkley.

We need cover and competition for LB. Targett is awesome, but he needs to be kept on toes (and has been injured alot previous to this season).

RB is more if Guibert is sold or not, if he is we need another there as we need on LB

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No one seems to be able to answer this question.

At the moment the options are davis and wesley

We wont ever challenge for europe if we are not lookjng for quality additions all over the pitch.

For me i think if we can get both keep guilbert or have kelsser ar back right to cash then not invest too much on backup left back.

That would loan one spot in cm

Nobody is saying we shouldn't buy another striker.

We're saying that in the hypothetical scenario that you suggested, that we could spend 40m on Buendia or 40m on Tammy Abraham, it wouldn't make sense to spend that on Tammy when we have a first team quality player in that position, but don't have a first team quality player in Buendia's position

• Like 1

Emi Martinez will be on international duty with him ... hopefully he can sow the seeds for us. Strikes me as the kinda guy who likes to talk up his club. Or maybe I'm just romanticizing our Emi!

59 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Grealish - Buendia - Traore

El Ghazi - Grealish - Buendia

Would be our two main options I would think, assuming we added him and not another attacking mid. And I guess we would use a mix of them.

Grealish - Chuck - Buendia

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're saying that in the hypothetical scenario that you suggested, that we could spend 40m on Buendia or 40m on Tammy Abraham, it wouldn't make sense to spend that on Tammy when we have a first team quality player in that position, but don't have a first team quality player in Buendia's position

Some people are.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Ok well I'm not

Yes, I completely agreed with your post but some people are actually happy for us to go with Watkins and Davis/Wesley as backup. Someone like Buendia should be the priority this summer and the majority of the budget can be used for that position but I'll be worried if we aren't looking for a striker too. Doesn't have to be a mega signing but we need to bridge the gap in quality between Watkins and Davis/Wesley.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still dont understand why buendia is valued at 40m?

Its not my money but i think tammys better value for 40m

None of us know the budget  but lets say its 80-90m

I think get both of them in and spend less of the budget on defenders

Promote chuk amd kesler

Then just sign a left back to compete with targett.

Three signings and we would have improved massively

If tammys available i really do hope we go for him as i think we will regret it later 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

No way would i. 

Why do people keep saying this? Competition for places if ollie performs he will stay in the team of he doesnt then his place will be under threat

If ollie gets a 2-3 month injury touch wood wont happen who we wgot davis who has scored a mighty one goal all sesson or wesley who has been out for 18 months.

We  need another striker in my view as well. If thw grealish injury has taight us something we need to ensure we can cope with injuries to key players

Not saying I wouldn't like to sign Tammy but there are priorities and a £40m striker isn't one of them for me. 

The idea that you need two £40m+ top level strikers is outdated imo. 

Leicester - Vardy & Iheanacho - who only really came good this year

Spurs - Kane & Janssen/Llorente/Vinicius

Liverpool - Firmino & Origi

Arsenal - Auba & Lacazette 

United had Ighalo last year 

Arsenal there probably have the best on paper lineup but perform the worst. Chelsea have a great line up of Strikers. City are an outlier but even there, they've had times where they'd rather play no striker than Jesus.

We're better off investing behind Ollie, Wes and Davis will be fine for me. I'd love another striker but it's not a priority to me

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not saying I wouldn't like to sign Tammy but there are priorities and a £40m striker isn't one of them for me. 

The idea that you need two £40m+ top level strikers is outdated imo. 

Leicester - Vardy & Iheanacho - who only really came good this year

Spurs - Kane & Janssen/Llorente/Vinicius

Liverpool - Firmino & Origi

Arsenal - Auba & Lacazette 

United had Ighalo last year 

Arsenal there probably have the best on paper lineup but perform the worst. Chelsea have a great line up of Strikers. City are an outlier but even there, they've had times where they'd rather play no striker than Jesus.

We're better off investing behind Ollie, Wes and Davis will be fine for me. I'd love another striker but it's not a priority to me

This is why I think it would be a good idea to go for someone like Buendia plus someone who can comfortably play as a striker or out wide.

• Like 1

Arsenal and Aston Villa going head to head to sign Norwich's Emiliano Buendia

Buendia could ultimately cost up to £40 million this summer after a campaign in which he scored 15 goals and registered 16 assists

Telegraph

Villa are focusing on recruiting players who have already played in English football, with a creative midfielder - or a No 10 - emerging as a priority.

The involvement of Villa, who hope to complete their business early in this window, could force Arsenal into action.

:flag:

Â