Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You could possibly be on to something, but I reckon he is a straight Barkley replacement/upgrade, which can play in the other areas if necessary.

Someone actually pressing and being a nuisance up top, behind Ollie, is a game changer, and gives our midfield a breather, plus the freedom to actually play.

Most people know my feelings on Luiz and me wanting a " Commanding DM ", however, I could argue that, in Deanos system, Buendia defending from the top, will allow his preferred mids type, Luiz etc, to do what they are actually good at, playmaking from deep.

Seeing as we should be under less pressure and keep the ball better 

Having said that, wouldn't mind seeing what you mentioned either.

Agree, while we do need a bit more steel in the middle what we truly lack against the top sides is the ability to maintain possession. Far to often our possession of the ball ends with Mings hoof because we cant effectively progress the ball down the pitch.  Buendia will help massively with that. 

• Like 2

Can see our first choice supporting front 3 being 

Grealish Traoré Buendia

AEG can come on for Traoré, and then Grealish swap with him in to the middle. 

AEG can come on for Buendia and moves to the left, Traore takes over right, Grealish move to middle

AEG can be a straight swap for Jack if we are comfortable and want to rest his shins.

It works so well.

Assuming we sign another winger that increases those rotational options.

Assuming we sign another striker, we have the option of dropping Watkins to the wing in place of whoever comes off.

The couple of signings that Purslow has hinted at really will see us in a decent place across the team.

I expect we may see 3 signings as we need some defensive backup too, unless they're planning to use a few of this years fa Cup youth team on the bench and keep Guilbert as both a right and left back sub. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

That’s not really the point is it. They didn’t think the move to Villa was going to happen and you can understand their frustration. 

Apologies, I do see your point, and if back then, Jack did go to a club that was not going to provide him a leap forward in his career, it would have left us questioning alot of things, such as the sincerity of Jack's loyalty, and why we would shoot ourselves in the foot if we wanted progress. It would be regarded as madness to sell him to a club not guaranteeing him European football.

In saying that, I think you may have missed my point. Things have changed. If Jack was to leave this summer ( For the record, he is going nowhere), I would be more disappointed if he did go to a Scum6 club. Since they pulled their bullshit, myself and many others look at those six clubs in a different way. In my opinion, if we are talking now, I would rather Jack go to a club that is on the verge and has the vision and resources to break up the hold these shitbird clubs have on the Premier League. I would rather Jack go to Everton, Leicester, or West Ham, rather than help prop up Manchester City, Arsenal or Manure.

That was then, this is now. As the season progresses, I believe the Norwich fans will come around, and start to see patterns emerging, as we have done. Dodgy VAR decision? Questionable penalty? Free kick imbalance? Some things they may notice when they play certain teams that make them go hmmm.

In summary, all the clubs that signed up to ruin football can all go do one, and I hope Norwich fans will come around to feel that way too.

Also, apologies for the late reply. Time zones.

• Like 2

I've wanted Buendia for ages so really pleased that it looks like we're getting this one over the line. The fact that he's only 24, just had the best season of his career and that he's well used to the English game are all positives for me. I've always had a soft spot for skillful, tenacious players and I love the direction the club is going in with signing young, hard working players that will always put a shift in. The fact that he was the 6th highest tackler, despite playing as an attacker for the best team in the league (who would have the majority of the ball) is pretty amazing when you think about it  This stat is pretty crazy too:

Buendia created at least 36 more goalscoring chances (122) than any other player in England's second tier last term and was top for clear-cut chances created (18) in the division. On top of that, only Kevin De Bruyne (18) has made more accurate through balls than Buendia (12) since the start of the 2019/20 Premier League. For the uninitiated, Buendia played 2020/21 in the Championship... 

This gives us so much more flexibility now as well as a team and also gives us much stronger cover for injuries. 

Playing the better teams and want an extra man in midfield? 4-3-3 with Emi and Jack out wide supporting Watkins. 

Playing a weaker team? 4-2-3-1 with either Jack or Emi as a number 10 and either AEG or Traore on either the left of the right

Chasing a game? Bring off a midfielder or AEG/Traore, chuck on Davis or Wesley and go 4-2-4. 

Can't wait to see who else we've got lined up. UTV!

• Like 3

I'm happy as he looks a really good player and to be honest if reported fee is correct, cheaper than I thought we could get him. Will fit in nicely.

Also, hopefully this means no more Rashica 'speculation' as it were.(Just find him highly overrated though yes realize may be in the minority on that).

• Like 2

Are Arsenal really that broke that they were miles away from our offer and had no realistic hope of matching it? Surely Norwich would have gone back to Arsenal and said, if you can offer this then we are in business rather than just accepting ours when a bidding war was looking likely. 

Wonder if our offer was caveated with a "this offer is not subject to negotiation and if you don't like it we're going elsewhere (McNeill, Perera, etc)"? Can we how these deals normal drag on for the summer. 

Guess a bit of it was maybe in how the offer was structured and what we could offer immediately to allow Norwich to spend the funds this window.

Edited by MrBlack

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Are Arsenal really that broke that they were miles away from our offer and had no realistic hope of matching it? Surely Norwich would have gone back to Arsenal and said, if you can offer this then we are in business rather than just accepting ours when a bidding war was looking likely. 

Wonder if our offer was caveated with a "this offer is not subject to negotiation and if you don't like it we're going elsewhere (McNeill, Perera, etc)?

As someone else said we could have beat Arsenal to the punch because they have to sell to buy.

• Thanks 1

Norwich need to know asap what money they have to spend as they are a self financing football club. Arsenal are ditherers . And it seems that the relationship between Emi 1 and Emi 2 is not just a mutual agent. They are friends back from when they were both at Getafe. We had a lot more going for us in this transfer than even we thought initially 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Norwich need to know asap what money they have to spend as they are a self financing football club. Arsenal are ditherers . And it seems that the relationship between Emi 1 and Emi 2 is not just a mutual agent. They are friends back from when they were both at Getafe. We had a lot more going for us in this transfer than even we thought initially 

Arsenal owe 154m in delayed transfer fees, more than any other PL club, and apparently wanted structured payment over several years and allegedly this was a sticking point

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that Buendia chose Villa from the two options. 

Yes it's confirmed he did.

The articles/tweets from different sources have been posted in the thread already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes it's confirmed he did.

The articles/tweets from different sources have been posted in the thread already.

Thought so, which makes the transfer even more impressive for Villa, and even more infuriating for the depressed Arsenal fans. Lovely!

Reminds me a bit of De Bruyne in his forward play, would arguably be the best signing we can make in this area of the pitch and will significantly strengthen the first xi.

A clever signing, and a good price for a player who's relatively proven already in the PL and English football.

One more signing like this for the starting xi and 2 players with potential and I'd expect us to seriously challenge for europe.

Seems to start on the RW for Norwich but drifts, going to be so interesting to see where DS starts him I wouldn't bet against Emi LW, Traoré RW and Jack central with Ollie ahead. Just gives us so many options based on the formation.

Â