Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I agree with you, I'm still just stunned that we are now lucky enough to have, quite literally, two of the top ten creative players in world football (in terms of raw stats) playing for Aston Villa. 

Watkins will be salivating

• Like 1

Can’t we just scrap the Euros and start the league season now? I can’t wait to see our boys in claret and blue tearing through defences. 

(Yeah I know, the kit won’t be ready for another two months)

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

In terms of positions, I think Buendia will play on the left with Jack in 10, or the right if Jack plays left 

I would think Grealish left, Buendia central, Traore right in a 4-2-3-1, or Grealish left and Buendia right in a 4-3-3 as the most regular options. But so much flexibility in there now.

• Like 4

Just now, MrBlack said:

100 pages in 2 weeks...  there is some (quite rightly) serious excitement about this guy. 

Actually can’t think of a transfer I have been more excited about since Ashley Young.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Actually can’t think of a transfer I have been more excited about since Ashley Young.

Ashley Young was still just a potential elite winger when we signed him. Buendia is already one of the most creative players available. I think this is our most exciting signing since either Angel or Merson.

• Like 1

Buendia has almost exclusively played on the right. I don't see why we'd change that. But like Jack, he likes to maraud inside a fair bit so will be fluid in terms of positioning.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

Haha more misery for arsenal!  Leicester finalising signing of odsonne edouard one of arsenals main targets 😂

Great stuff, I spoke to a Leicester supporting colleague at work earlier who said they were close. He also went on to say that if Villa were offered a mid table finish and maybe a few cup finals for the next 20 years, I’d be happy with that. I reminded him of where Villa have been historically and quietly decided not to speak to him again unless I have to. I hope Edouard struggles to adapt now. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't we used to call this tapping up?

I think Man City negotiators just happening to casually be on holiday at the same hotel as Milner the summer they bought him from us, before any bid was submitted, spelled the end of tapping-up being penalized in any way.

• Like 1

Â