• Grealish
    • El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Chukwuemeka (Traoré 73)
    • Ramsey (El Ghazi 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/05/21 at 22:59

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anwar and Nakamba have earned their squad places for next season IMO.

Unless we sign a top DM, Nakamba has also played himself into the starting lineup.

So, so good!

These last 2 games have made me sit up and take notice....but I have always advocated this kind of player, but better.

However, his game today and against Spurs was noticably better....He showed a real desire to win the ball and his reading of the play was better too.

Whatever happens JV, we have to keep him for the squad.

The squad depth has to improve and players have to fight for the shirt.

Nakamba and Hause deserve the plaudits against a very good side.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Louis said:

Good win, thought everyone played excellent. If only we won at Palace, Spurs and Chelsea, we maybe could’ve been in the top half of the table. Chelsea just kept blazing it over although they’d score 1. Those 10k fans must’ve enjoyed it, whilst the other 30k had to watch on TV.😒

We got lucky you will soon be back mate and the place will be all the better for it, Nothing like a full house at Villa Park rocking

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

These last 2 games have made me sit up and take notice....but I have always advocated this kind of player, but better.

However, his game today and against Spurs was noticably better....He showed a real desire to win the ball and his reading of the play was better too.

Whatever happens JV, we have to keep him for the squad.

The squad depth has to improve and players have to fight for the shirt.

Nakamba and Hause deserve the plaudits against a very good side.

That no-nonsense commanding defensive midfield player we needed and were discussing a few weeks ago I suspect was always there regardless. He has made that place his

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, smg said:

So should we keep them or sell and buy (supposedly) better ?. I think we keep them and if we trust our coaches allow them to develop their talent.

I would still buy a top class, Midfield General.....but sell Nakamba NO, not on that form.

38 games, is a good old spell, and we need squad depth....Marvelous, is the only player in our squad who can do that with any authority, one is not enough.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

That no-nonsense commanding defensive midfield player we needed and were discussing a few weeks ago I suspect was always there regardless. He has made that place his

That might be a bit Pre-mature.....He has had 2 great games back to back....but to have one, leaves us lean imo.

but no doubt, on that form, he has certainly give folk something to think about.....if he could do that consistently, I would agree with you...we will see.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anwar and Nakamba have earned their squad places for next season IMO.

Unless we sign a top DM, Nakamba has also played himself into the starting lineup.

So, so good!

If we play 4-2-3-1......The another one comes in alongside him who can maybe pass the ball a bit better and Luiz and McGinn can battle for the CM and CAM roles.

Its going to be more squad orientated next season and the players will have to rotate, for places......We have been a bit predictable, because options have not been there, with Injuries.....

Dean will shake it up a bit next season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

That might be a bit Pre-mature.....He has had 2 great games back to back....but to have one, leaves us lean imo.

but no doubt, on that form, he has certainly give folk something to think about.....if he could do that consistently, I would agree with you...we will see.

Ndidi's don't grow on trees.

Will be very difficult to find some. Very thankful we have Nakamba, very capable DM.

Will only grow with more gametime as well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not sure I am, he has been left out for large chunks of the season then gets asked to come in for the final two games against top six opposition, both with something to apply for and has walked away with man of the match twice in my opinion. He is a rough diamond indeed but a diamond he is

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Notice how we only actually managed to win a few games now Jack is back in the team. It’s like the promotion season all over again.

:trollface:

but we could also say, Nakamba and Hause was in the team....just saying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

When this lot of words removed take on the Mancs, there's no ideal result other than a meteor hitting the stadium. Unlikable bunch of words removed. 

Yep it’s a pity the final can’t be null and void.

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I am not sure I am, he has been left out for large chunks of the season then gets asked to come in for the final two games against top six opposition, both with something to apply for and has walked away with man of the match twice in my opinion. He is a rough diamond indeed but a diamond he is

Folly, I love that kind of player and I am in no way attempting to under play Marv's performance, its what I've been waiting for......If he can do that every week fine or more consistently, I agree.

but whatever, he stays in the squad for me.

27 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

We got lucky you will soon be back mate and the place will be all the better for it, Nothing like a full house at Villa Park rocking

Cheers for that, I suppose we all miss the 40k noise inside the stadium and the crowded trains from Witton to Birmingham.

All these days will come and we’ll be going back to all the places and doing the things we like doing the most. I just miss my train travels to Villa Park.

We’ll get the 40k back at Villa Park.

• Like 1

Some exciting comments from Deano in those interviews: we want more (success) & we are looking to bring creative quality into the side.

I’m sure we will be busy in the transfer market and we will be looking to disturb the established order in that top half of the table…

The only way is up, there is no lack of ambition at this club…

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Great. Err, what did you think of the match (which is what this thread is about)?

I thought it showed how good a coach we have and how far this project has taken us in such a short time. I was pleased the youngsters got some more minutes, I thought Nakamba, himself the subject of many doubters ire in the past much like Smith more recently was outstanding. I thought it was another performance and result against a side with a LOT to play for just as their fellow super leaguers spurs did that puts down a marker for next season.

Did you not like my repeat joke quoting some of the awful bollocks that people have spouted about our head coach?

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Tough game obviously, but thought we were really quite poor today. Maybe that was due to Chelsea's intensity, but we were thoroughly outplayed.

On the other hand, we were really clinical and it was another brilliant win against a top side. Great season to finish on 55 points, I've been critical of Smith at times but overall a very positive season and we should have finished higher with the points we had.

Onwards and upwards to next season. Hopefully some real quality to come in this summer so we can improve again next season.

go back to your broadcasting booth.  heard enough of that ridiculous blue only perspective all match long.   

Â