• Grealish
    • El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Chukwuemeka (Traoré 73)
    • Ramsey (El Ghazi 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/05/21 at 22:59

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

As a fan you are always greedy and you do wonder how West Spam have ended up 10 points and 5 places above us, and we are 10 points and 1 place above Brucey's Newcastle.

Everton have tanked again 5-0 on your last game does not bode well for them. I think we are in a good shout next season to firmly establish ourselves as a top 10 team. I can't see West Ham or Leeds having as good as a season as this year, and nobody below us scares me now that Nuno is leaving Wolves.

I agree on West Ham, but I can see Leeds doing just as well, if not slightly improving on their position, next season.

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

We really have something to build on here. The right players in and watch out scum 6. Not a fan of Konsa at RB.

It doesn't matter who plays there.....They have to be aware of the player at the back post.....and they don't, they ball watch.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Was just reflecting on the game and how i saw it buddy. Chin up.

Been a great season and we should all be happy.

You’ve certainly changed your tune…

59 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Marv MOTM

Targett, Mings close behind

4 points off Chelsea, 6 off Arsenal, Wins against Spurs, Leicester & Liverpool too. Its all fantastic progress. 20 points better off than last season. +9 GD too. Great to see fans back finally. Cant wait for next season and see us kick on again with more quality additions. Not seen team spirit & togetherness this good at the club for some time. Everything is on the up and up, great way to finish the season.

A major, key point…

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

so humbling....amazing loyalty...the club should send them a bunch of Shirts....or a wip round to bring them to Villa Park.

Edited by TRO

Well that was a grand day out!😀 It was great to be back at Villa Park.

A very good team performance with lots of contenders for Man of the Match and no passengers or weak links. The back 5 all put in their usual rock solid performances. Traore is a slippery bugga and you would not enjoy marking him. I gave my vote to one of the unsung heroes. Step forward Mr Marvellous Makamba!

Chelsea were very good in possession but were just not clinical today. Thats a fine haul of points we have from the London clubs (still frustated about the 3 we threw away against Palace.)

For once a word about the ref, I awarded a rare very good. Early one he allowed a few physical challenges which I feared was bias and would suit a stronger Chelsea side. Not a bit of it, he was consistent throughout , so no complaints here. To get a deserved penalty and a VAR in our favour was just the icing on the cake.

Overall a very good season and we have made great progress. We now have a good platform to build from and the addition of 3-4 class players will really move us  forward. It starts to get harder. There will be a group of at least 6 clubs who will have the same ambition as us to get 7th or better..

That's it for this season. Let's hope we will all be back at Villa Park  in August.

Onwards!

• Like 4

Great result and end to the season.

We finish on more wins than defeats and with a positive goal difference which hasn’t happened in the premier league for some time I’m assuming.

It feels fitting that El Ghazi and Traore scored the goals, those two players somewhat typify our season, hot and cold, capable of the sublime and the ridiculous.

On the game itself, Grealish looks a bit off the pace and I worry that might jeopardise his chances of making the England squad, Konsa looked a tad uncomfortable today too.

But we played pretty well despite riding our luck a bit at times and not seeing a lot of the ball during certain passages. The difference having fans back was illustrated by the refereeing I think, we got away with a few challenges that might have been given as fouls in other games, thankfully we actually had a decent ref today save for the odd mishap with corners and throw-ins not being spotted correctly.

45 minutes ago, smg said:

Have we decided some players are not good enough too soon ? Hause has always performed when selected and both he and Nakamba today were outstanding perhaps if given time and support we could save some cash on replacements and spend it elsewhere in the squad ?

We managed to change things and Nakamba and Hause showed how the changes helped us against 2 big sides.

It won't always work, but this shows why, we need a squad and make changes that make that affect.

Nakamba and Hause ar not ballers, but they have qualities we have been short of.

The only down and negative for me was hearing those "fans" boo the knee bend. Well done to those who drowned them out by clapping.

• Like 4

Just now, mottaloo said:

The only down and negative for me was hearing those "fans" boo the knee bend. Well done to those who drowned them out by clapping.

Absolutely. But it was totally tone deaf from those singing Dalian Atkinson’s name less than 10 minutes later. 

• Like 1

Â