• Grealish
    • El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Chukwuemeka (Traoré 73)
    • Ramsey (El Ghazi 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/05/21 at 22:59

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smash and grab.

Great result not a great performance. Nakamba an absolute tank.

Before you hammer me, it's just how i saw the game.

Doesn't take away it's been a brilliant season and great seeing the fans back out there.

Have a day off for once please my mate 

• Like 1

Marv MOTM

Targett, Mings close behind

4 points off Chelsea, 6 off Arsenal, Wins against Spurs, Leicester & Liverpool too. Its all fantastic progress. 20 points better off than last season. +9 GD too. Great to see fans back finally. Cant wait for next season and see us kick on again with more quality additions. Not seen team spirit & togetherness this good at the club for some time. Everything is on the up and up, great way to finish the season.

as for Chelsea, seems they were..Bale’d out No Way What GIF by ThreeUK

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anwar and Nakamba have earned their squad places for next season IMO.

Unless we sign a top DM, Nakamba has also played himself into the starting lineup.

So, so good!

Good against Chelski when we are largely defending - he does cover ground and get stuck in - but not if we want to make progress and compete with the big 6 on a more equal footing and dominate the teams in the lower echelons.

He has served us well and I think we should more than get our money back if we do sell, but I hope we upgrade Marvelous and find a more progressively capable DCM, like Bissouma. 

I don't know Chelsea!

Great result and lovely to end the season like that. Loving the togetherness of the team, underrated aspect of success.

We ran out of steam a bit too soon - giving the ball away easily as a result. Lost structure with the subs, but great to see Smith giving minutes to kids in pressure situations.

Not a fan of the red card situation - although I get how the incentives dictates overplaying a situation I will never get behind it as a way to tilt the game in your favour. 

Great season, now let's kick on  

Was confident of getting at least a draw from that as soon as I saw Kante wasn't playing. Kovacic and Jorginho were like statues in there and indeed Kovacic should've been sent off first half with all the fouls he did.

First 20 minutes were dodgy but we grew into the game nicely. Shows the difference to me in mentality playing Chelsea compared to Man. United. Just seems to me more belief we can withstand pressure and everything whereas v Man. United we're always waiting for something to go wrong or some injustice when leading and it often occurs.

This reminds me of beating Arsenal and Liverpool back to back at end of 10/11 to end that season on a high note. We then appointed McLeish two years later to deflate everything so fair to say a self infliction implosion like that won't be happening anytime soon.

Aside from that dodgy period from late Feb up to early April a really enjoyable season and we gave it a proper go home and away against pretty much every team in the league.

Wow, what a way to finish off the season!

Villa Park full of noise again, a penalty in front of the Holte End and a sweet win against Chelsea. (On that showing, hard to believe their next match is Champions’ League final BTW!)

Thought we defended brilliantly today so MOTM must come from that part of the field. It is a really hard decision between Targett and Nakamba but I think Marvelous gets my vote just because he stepped up his game today by several notches.

Good to see the youngsters coming on as well.

What a difference it makes to the side to have Jack back - and the Villa fans!

• Like 3

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Thought Nakamba was great today but amazed I’m only one of six to vote for Hause who I thought was excellent.

I thought the back 6 all did really well - a difficult call - but Marvelous just displays more energy when he plays well so is more obviously putting in a shift.  He got my vote but it could have gone to any of that 6. 

They both scored which will put a positive light on their performance but el ghazi and traore came very close to killing us today, funny how that works 

Tracking back was awful, the shape was always going to make it hard but until we scored Chelsea had so much joy from the wing backs that they should have scored in all honesty, a mixture of the back 4 being comfortable with crosses and Timo Werner kept us in it 

They were really poor 

Delighted the Holte got to see one get smacked in the net in front of them. El-Ghazi being so calm on penalties really racked up some points and there was a really good spread of goals and assists across the whole front four in general

Targett was the 2nd best player in enough games to be in with a shout for player of the season overall IMO, though today was a very tough one

Shame Leicester bottled it again, but not sure how I would have felt about a situation where City winning the Champions League was somehow the banter outcome

• Like 1

Â