• Grealish
    • El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Chukwuemeka (Traoré 73)
    • Ramsey (El Ghazi 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/05/21 at 22:59

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chelsea are horrible; getting onto the ref early and constantly, niggly fouls, nasty fouls, standing over players… For ninety minutes they were aggressive, unpleasant and right on the edge of what the rules allow. 

I still hope they beat United.

There were some lovely moments:

Wait What GIF by Willie Jones

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just to add Tuchel is a horrible man and it seems his Chelsea team is molded to reflect that.

To watch Tuchel he was irksome, harassed the officials at every opportunity and bemoaned every decision with his arms outstretched.

He looked like a spoilt child.

So glad we have a manager that carries and conducts himself well… with class…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

So glad we have a manager that carries and conducts himself well… with class…

Yeah anybody that call a Ref a clown by not saying the word clown makes him up there with most respectable managers.

Best moment of the season 

Edited by Villa_Stateside
Spell

• VT Supporter
9 hours ago, Brumerican said:

On the TV feed they showed the Chelsea boss telling them to stop once he had heard the Spurs score.  Lot's of "its over , don't worry " type of hand gestures. 

Yes, it was bizarre. I've never before seen a goalie timewasting on a late kick when his team are losing. Were they scared we'd score another? 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, after the Palace defeat, I had kind of resigned myself to three straight defeats to end the season. But incredibly, this fantastic Club of ours and it's players proved my worries unfounded. An altogether different type of game today than at Spurs. We rode a much longer and sustained storm of pressure from Chelsea who really have the weapons to properly sink our ship. They can shithouse, technique and overload with the best of them. But we found a way to frustrate and crucially, took our chance. A very interesting 'FIFA' style corner routine that paid off. 

Great to see fans back in the stadium and you certainly made your voices heard. For pure consistency, I gave Targett man of the match, but Marvellous stood out for me. Well done young man. 

Very pleased again for Dean Smith, and his players. It really is nice to finish off the season with a couple of statement wins - against 'Top 6' opposition who were still playing for big riches. These weren't just dead rubbers, despite arguably being so for us. 

For the controversies - let's not forget the ref verbally warned Jack twice in the first half as a result of altercations with Jorginho. I thought the penalty was kind of soft, but happy to take it of course. And although it's one of those where you have to 'make the most of it' to alert people that something has happened, Jack didn't need to roll around so much after being struck in the face by Azpilicueta (sp). Definite red card, but won't have endeared himself to the opposition or their fans for next season. 

Fully agree with the awards for both Martinez and Targett. Very consistent team players. 

Yes, this season, we've had some great highs, and some disappointing lows (completely unexpected capitulations). But we can look ahead just now to further progress and even brighter days. The owners want it, the manager wants it, and the spirit around the players would suggest that we're all on this love train for a while yet. 

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1

The one thing that put a bit of a dampener on the fans being back is a vocal minority of rocket polishers deciding to boo the players kneeling. I hoped those people get to **** and never come back, tbh. Well done to the rest of the fans drowning them out.

• Like 1

And according to The Daily Mail, they were further incensed after seeing two of the stewards blocking the bus were eating ice cream. The two stewards were apparently eating ice creams with Flakes and raspberry sauce instead of clearing a path to a parking space. 

sportingexcitment

14 hours ago, smg said:

What if Jack were to end up at one sometime in the future ?

If he went to one of them he'd be DEAD to me.

That was a great little end to a season, we had to dig in but we showed we could do it and give game time to some of the squad. What that displayed for me was we do have options and hopefully with a couple of additions in the summer we will be a more balanced side. The established players have done their part but the players that have come in lately have put a shine on the season and to Deans credit he got there in the end. Game management is very important in todays football as the amount of pressing a player is asked to do can only lead to problems along the way, we have found new ways to play and that is the progress being made. Good luck to one and all, roll on next season, Good luck to the kids tonight.

Wish I had been lucky in the ballot, sounds like a great day!

Well done all of you who were able to get tickets to the game, 10K were making make more noise than a full house at the emirates (was the library years ago) and at man c$ty... 

Best wishes to all

Del

Probably worth mentioning McGinn's impressive 5 in a row yellow cards to finish out the season.

And if it hasn't already been mentioned that El Ghazi is the first Villa midfielder to score double figures top flight league goals in one season since David Platt.

• Like 4

Embarrassing

I thought the players were very tetchy from the first minute. Niggly. Sulky. Moaning at everything.

A team beginning to take on their mannerisms and characteristics of their manager.

No wonder it always goes tits up for Tommy T. A whiny reactionary moron.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â