Players departing Aston Villa 2021

AvfcRigo82

so that is:

Heaton - Contract Expiring - looks like he is going to Manure

Kalinic - will likely leave on a free transfer but not confirmed yet

Guillbert - will return and a decision needs to be made if he will be sold or be a squad player, pointless to loan him again

Elmohamedy - Contract Expiring

Engels - I am sure we will try and sell him but that maybe harder than we think, possible loan also

Taylor - Contract expiring 

Hourihane - Depends on whether Swansea get promoted, if not I think he could still be sold to a champ side

Barkley* - Loan Ends

Samatta - Sold to Fenerbache once loan ends.

Questions over Nakamba, Davies, Ramsey, Wes, whether they will be kept, loaned (or even sold in a few cases).

El Ghazi might be sold but only if we bring in significant upgrade, Trez being injured probably means Anwar will be kept (and I think he should stay).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Not sure I understand keeping a senior pro who will simply never play if many others are fit. This is surely where youth prospects come into play.

we dont really have any centre backs coming through and we have a poor record of bringing through centre backs in recent times. Prefer have Engels at this time and he is only about 26

El Ghazi only has two years left on his contract, so we're probably going to have to sell him or offer him a new deal, Trezeguet is in the same situation but of course his injury complicates matters. What we're going to have to get used to is that as our squad gets better so too will the level of player that we're prepared to let leave the club.

Edited by useless

i can personally see hourihane and elmo still being AVFC players next season. guilbert is not rated at all by the coaching staff and will likely be sold/loaned out and i can see elmo being given another year and i can't see decent money coming in for conor

engels will only leave if we get a bid in and he wants out.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Trezeguet injured for a while so it’s unlikely, El Ghazi is a good player good option for the squad and is out second highest goalscorer so no.

Yeah, i'm actually not in a huge rush to see Anwar go.

Currently, we only have him and Traore as wingers ( Trez out as you mentioned ). He is inconsistent, but still brings goals and points.

Still a valuable squad member IMO.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i can personally see hourihane and elmo still being AVFC players next season. guilbert is not rated at all by the coaching staff and will likely be sold/loaned out and i can see elmo being given another year and i can't see decent money coming in for conor

I doubt it mate. Konsa preferred to Elmo indicates he’ll be leaving in my opinion.  

• Like 2

I can actually see Nakamba being moved on, to accommodate a higher caliber CDM/CM, a better version of himself.

Probably not good enough to start all games, but good enough to start somewhere else IMO.

Ideally you'd like to keep him around but it will be increasingly difficult to keep everyone happy, and I feel he deserves more playing time.

• Like 1

I can actually see Nakamba being moved on, to accommodate a higher caliber CDM/CM, a better version of himself.

Probably not good enough to start all games, but good enough to start somewhere else IMO.

Ideally you'd like to keep him around but it will be increasingly difficult to keep everyone happy, and I feel he deserves more playing time.

Trez and AEG will be decent squad options once we've signed a couple of wide forwards of Bertie's standard or better. I'd keep Engels, Freddy Guilbert too as back up, they are young enough and if they have the ambition could still force their way in to the side if they hit the right levels. Not sure a loan for Ramsey is the right option he's either going to break through next season or we'll know he's not quite up the standard we're aiming for.

Elmo, Taylor and Hourihane all played their part in getting us up, and Elmo and Hourihane played a part in keeping us up too (might be doing Taylor a disservice there but I don't remember too many key contributions last season). They aren't at the level we're aiming for though so I don't think they'll be around next season.

I doubt Heaton wants to be a backup keeper, but if we could persuade him I'd keep him. Barkley goes back, unless Smith is 100% sure that his form collapsing was covid related then there's no way we should be after him, it would have to be the Barkley pre covid or no chance. 

• Like 2

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN sorry I wasn't sure if you were sure you got your point across. 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Elmo is 33 and though a seasoned pro who has done great for the club, he has not exactly looked that capable when he has stepped in for Cash and the fact Dean moved Konsa to right back against Spurs says a lot.

Guilbert not being rated by the coaching staff is complete conjecture, the impression I got was we couldn't move Elmo on due to age and wage so easier to have him as a back up to Cash in his last year at the club, whilst Guilbert is younger and has some transfer value. He actually didn't want to leave and ended up being loaned instead. Again this is my opinion/logic, doesn't mean it's true.

9 hours ago, useless said:

Kortney Hause only has one year left on his deal.

I wonder what we could get for him if he were to leave with only 1 year left on his contract? 🤔

Although tbh I'd rather we tried to get him to sign a new deal.

I think it would make sense to give him a contract extension, we probably don't have any youngsters ready to step up the first team just yet, and even if we sign another backup option he'd still be fourth choice at least, and someone we can still use in cup competitions if Konsa or Mings need a rest.

I can see Nakamba moving on aswell.

Played well in games v likes of Arsenal and Spurs this season so will surely get some mid range european teams interested although we'll struggle to get close to the fee we signed him for.

Excluding him we have currently options for the 2/3 spots next season:

Doug

SJM

Sanson

Ramsey

Carney

Jack (if he alternates between LW/number 10)

And many want us to get in dominant deep lying midfielder so surely Nakamba is expendable with all those options around? He's only started 5-6 games this season and can't see that changing next year.

3 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

I wonder what we could get for him if he were to leave with only 1 year left on his contract? 🤔

Although tbh I'd rather we tried to get him to sign a new deal.

Much more than what we signed him for, 3m looks a real steal now. Could easily sell him for 6-7m.

Norwich could do a lot worse than get him in and Watford would probably be interested aswell as he's shown he's good enough for prem this season.

I'd give him a new deal though, ideal squad player for us and think for now he's happy in that role as I can't see him playing for a better club than us in his career.

Makes more sense to move Engels on of the two.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can see Nakamba moving on aswell.

I hope not.

I think he is good enough for us, it's just unfortunately he has not been given enough game time.

I feel if he was given a decent run in the team we would discover what a real workhorse he is in breaking up play in that defensive midfield zone.

• Like 2

Â