Jump to content

Players departing Aston Villa 2021


AvfcRigo82
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tried to find an existing thread for this but couldn't find one.

First team players that we see depart Villa this summer is looking likely of:

Heaton - Contract Expiring

Kalinic - Sold

Guillbert - Sold or Loaned

Elmohamedy - Contract Expiring

Engels - Sold

Taylor - Contract expiring 

Hourihane - Sold

Barkley* - Loan Ends

Ramsey - Loaned out

Davis - Loaned out

Samatta - Sold to Fenerbache once loan ends.

I also wonder if we will sell either Trezeguet or El Ghazi?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Tried to find an existing thread for this but couldn't find one.

First team players that we see depart Villa this summer is looking likely of:

Heaton - Contract Expiring

Kalinic - Sold

Guillbert - Sold or Loaned

Elmohamedy - Contract Expiring

Engels - Sold

Taylor - Contract expiring 

Hourihane - Sold

Barkley* - Loan Ends

Ramsey - Loaned out

Davis - Loaned out

Samatta - Sold to Fenerbache once loan ends.

I also wonder if we will sell either Trezeguet or El Ghazi?

Trezeguet injured for a while so it’s unlikely, El Ghazi is a good player good option for the squad and is out second highest goalscorer so no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Not making a case for them to stay, it is their time, but will be slightly sad to see Hourihane, Elmo and even Taylor leave.

All played their part (to varying degrees) in getting the club out of the championship.

I agree on the Hourihane and Elmohamedy aspect of your post.

Hourihane has scored some wonderful and vital goals for us in his time here.

Elmo was also a key player in our Championship promotion season too and I wish them both well.

Taylor however has been largely poor in his villa career imo. I think he will be okay in the championship though.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Tried to find an existing thread for this but couldn't find one.

First team players that we see depart Villa this summer is looking likely of:

Heaton - Contract Expiring

Kalinic - Sold

Guillbert - Sold or Loaned

Elmohamedy - Contract Expiring

Engels - Sold

Taylor - Contract expiring 

Hourihane - Sold

Barkley* - Loan Ends

Ramsey - Loaned out

Davis - Loaned out

Samatta - Sold to Fenerbache once loan ends.

I also wonder if we will sell either Trezeguet or El Ghazi?

That's quite a chunk - hadn't appreciated so many would be so likely to leave, can't say we'll miss any of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Taylor has been poor, overall. Not trying to rewrite history.

But he started every game in the ten game winning run. He played in all the play off games. However good or poor we think he’s been, he literally played his part in getting us here. He will always have that.

Apparently he is a great guy in the dressing room as well 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Just now, Zatman said:

Apparently he is a great guy in the dressing room as well 

It’s why I’ve put him in with Conor and Elmo. Wasn’t there a story a while back about there being a small group of players who were selected as some sort of panel that would discuss matters with management (can not remember for the life in me what that was for)? Jack was obviously there, but among the few others were included was Taylor.

I remember that being met with incredulity here and elsewhere but it suggests he’s someone who’s well thought of among his peers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would 100% keep Guilbert as backup/competition for Cash, absolutely no need to sell him or loan him out again, if we did.....it will just mean we need to spend money on a new right back for no good reason!

I also wouldnt sell Engels, another position we just dont need to spend money on right now.

 

I agree on Cash but Engels not so much. He hasn't played football for over a year now has he? I think a young CB to come in as 4th choice and sell Engels would be my preference.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, useless said:

As well as being a player Neil Taylor is apparently also working as a mentor to some of our youth players, that's why you sometimes see him at some of the youth games.

If he has that capacity to him then that is very well and good.

Unfortunately as a player though he just cannot cut the mustard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s why I’ve put him in with Conor and Elmo. Wasn’t there a story a while back about there being a small group of players who were selected as some sort of panel that would discuss matters with management (can not remember for the life in me what that was for)? Jack was obviously there, but among the few others were included was Taylor.

I remember that being met with incredulity here and elsewhere but it suggests he’s someone who’s well thought of among his peers. 

Sure he is probably the most experienced Premier League player in the squad, won trophies and played in the Euro semi finals

I think people see whats on the pitch and thats that 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edit: re Taylor He was probably well aware of his own limitations and has taken the opportunity to be as useful as a he can whilst he's here. Good lad. Best wishes to them all.

I'd love to see Freddie here but I guess he'll likely be sold too. Engels, must be sold, but will be for pittance, he hasn't played in what 18 months - 2 years? We might be stuck with him. 

I can see one of el ghazi or treqzeguet moving on as we will definitely be buying a new player in that position. 

Edited by Rodders
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As 4th choice Engels is fine if he wants to stay. We havent needed him this season but I wouldn't have an issue playing him if 2 of the other 3 got injured 

Completely agree, why spend good money to replace him when he's adequate backup, imo we need to invest the vast majority of our money in midfield and up front this summer.

Barring a new cheapish left back (as backup to Targett), i think our defence is actually ok to take in to next season, the real investment needed is further up the pitch for me, and i would put as much money in to that as i possibly could.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

I can’t see El Ghazi leaving, unless Villa received a high offer for him. Back up left winger, I think he’s fine for that.

Engels, kinda similar. Unless they recouped most of the money, or he wanted to leave. Villa would just need to buy in a replacement fourth choice, or have one ready in waiting.

Guilbert, if he goes I would imagine it would be permanent. Don’t see much point in loaning him out again. Happy for him as a back up to Cash.

Trez’s injury might put the brakes on any move away (if there is indeed one in the offing).

The rest, yeah I can see that happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As 4th choice Engels is fine if he wants to stay. We havent needed him this season but I wouldn't have an issue playing him if 2 of the other 3 got injured 

Not sure I understand keeping a senior pro who will simply never play if many others are fit. This is surely where youth prospects come into play.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â