Chelsea Pre match

dounavilla

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Looks like we're spreading the 10k around the lower tiers, makes sense although in this age of social distancing no idea how North Stand will be used for the start of next season!

I hope to god that we're out of this by August. I can see the 21 June date being pushed back a couple of weeks if this Indian Variant comes to something, but surely by August we'll be fine.  Those test events seemed to go well with not many infections.  We will be fine for the start of next season I'm sure. 

12 minutes ago, bose said:

JPB is too old for the youth cup.

We’ve got the youngest squad in the league for crying out loud and Im sure JPB will get some mins, its been a good season and those involved today deserve to start in front of a home crowd 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I hope to god that we're out of this by August. I can see the 21 June date being pushed back a couple of weeks if this Indian Variant comes to something, but surely by August we'll be fine.  Those test events seemed to go well with not many infections.  We will be fine for the start of next season I'm sure. 

I would still be amazed if they weren't restrictions. See no reason why we couldn't get 20-30k back around August but 42k seems a massive stretch to me.

Everyone getting DBT in the North stand and concourses in all stands packed at half time, no social distancing, no masks, packed on the trains coming in from New Street/Walsall/Sutton etc (and it's currently only 4 trains an hour on CC line).

Jan 2020 just seems a different world now so as much as I want the normal matchday experience back I can't see it being for August, hopefully at some point next season it will happen but last 12 months has shown just when the world is slowly getting back on right path the virus comes back and disrupts everything again.

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

We’ve got the youngest squad in the league for crying out loud and Im sure JPB will get some mins, its been a good season and those involved today deserve to start in front of a home crowd 

???

I was saying that I hoped he would get some minutes of the bench. No problem with that starting eleven 

• Like 1

Don’t see the problem with giving Carney 5-10 mins today. He’ll still play tomorrow. Huge buzz playing in front of the fans in his first match at Villa Park.

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Don’t see the problem with giving Carney 5-10 mins today. He’ll still play tomorrow. Huge buzz playing in front of the fans in his first match at Villa Park.

What if he gets injured? That's the biggest potential issue I'd imagine.

16 minutes ago, Chicago Villan 1974 said:

No chance Jack moves THIS summer. Maybe the next. Think Deano will give our young guns Carney snd JPB playing time w the FA YCF tomorrow ? Wish I could watch that here in the states. 

JPB is ineligible i believe, and there is definitely a way to watch it in the states (judging on the quarter and semi finals)