Chelsea Pre match

dounavilla

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Remember Delph when he " Cruyffed it ' ?

Yeah....I'll bet he regrets leaving, spoilt his own career.

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

We need this victory just to put John Terry in conflicted mode. 

He can't really lose can he?

Just now, villalad21 said:

I think deep down he want Chelsea to win..

If anyone on here, was fortunate enough to coach Chelsea, we would all deep down want Villa to win, in such a fixture......professionally, he will want to win with Villa, emotionally , I think Chelsea would get the nod.

He was there 17 years, its a trade off, we have to accept....but I honestly believe JT has invested tons of emotion in to us too.

They say you can love more than one woman.....maybe you can love more than one team.

I think JT has been great for us and Loyal too.

PS I love more than one team Aston Villa and Aston Villa Youth.

• Like 4

Interesting game for Chelsea. They absolutely must win this game, but their next game is the CL final.

Man City will be able to rest players and give their fringe players and even some kids a run out. Chelsea not so.

Hopefully Chelsea’s desperation counts against them and they try to force the win, allowing us to counter with lightening speed and tear them a new one on the break. Although we have nothing to gain in the league table, a Villa win will boost confidence and make everyone happy, especially the 10k that can attend. 

I think it’ll finish 1-1 with Chelsea missing out on their prized ECL place. 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

if he plays, we need to play Hause.

Cash is out so I can see the same team that beat spurs getting the nod bar any players carrying a knock.

I would like even 0-0, just as long as emi gets that record to put a cherry on top of his season for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Yeah....I'll bet he regrets leaving, spoilt his own career.

That's not entirely true. He won medals with Citeh, something he wouldn't have done with us. Yes, it left a bitter taste when he left but he wasn't the first and I doubt very much he'll be the last. 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

As strange as it might sound, I think this might be the least important league game I can remember. Last season our last game was the difference between staying up or going down. The season before our last game was the difference between us going up or staying down - those were massive, and even before those, I can't think of many seasons where our last game will have had absolutely no effect at all on our final league placing - win this and we're eleventh, lose it and we're eleventh. 

It's a complete non-event for us - and it's absolutely everything for Chelsea, Leicester and Liverpool.

Win lose or draw we'll go home in exactly the same state that we arrived in whilst fans of at least one other club will have had their footballing lives ruined.

It's a dream come true really :)

beating Spurs and Chelsea, is a great way to go in to next season and can't harm the recruitment.....Villa on the up and all.

Winning is contagious, we just need to keep it up.

Pride is one of the biggest things to play for...its that intrinsic desire to win.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1