Chelsea Pre match

dounavilla

Really up for this game, and so will the fans be at VP! Think the fans will make a real difference tomorrow... Would love to sign the season off by beating Spurs and Chelsea, and as I said, helping Leicester.

• Like 2

Chelsea are really really good. As good as City since Tuchel arrived for me. They also need to win so it'll be tough.

But this is a rotter of a fixture for them.

Fans back in, a club with a lot of positive feeling and a team that will run hard for 90 mins.

Be great to score early and really get it rocking.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Just hope there is no booing if we play bad like the spuds fans did. First game in so long for fans I hope it has a party atmosphere. Enjoy the day if any of you are going. 1-0 win for us. 😃😃

the fact our league position cannot change is a plus...just enjoy being there

9 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Just hope there is no booing if we play bad like the spuds fans did. First game in so long for fans I hope it has a party atmosphere. Enjoy the day if any of you are going. 1-0 win for us. 😃😃

The problem with booing is it only takes a few and it sounds like everyone in the ground. Even if a few people do it it sounds very loud. Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen as I never like it as it doesn’t help our team, it helps the opposition. I really hope that even if we lose people don’t boo as this is the first time Ollie, Emi, Bertrand and Matty Cash (if he’s in the stadium) will be in a VP with fans!

• Like 1

I really hope that this game doesn't flip the positivity around the club at the moment. I'm sure it won't. 

Very jealous of those who are going and hope they enjoy it for the 90 mins. 

I'm going to miss watching this team over the summer. It's been a wonderful season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We have been poor when coming up against an energetic, pressing team in recent months. Chelsea will not give us a second of rest so it will be interesting to see how we cope with that now Jack is back. I suspect Dean will bring Luiz back in for Marvelous, although hopefully he will stick with our team from Spurs.

The result is kind of irrelevant although a win would be lovely. A good performance and no injuries will do me though. Is it too greedy to hope for a Grealish goal? UTV

34 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I so miss match days,

Getting my colours on (deciding which retro shirt will do the job) Driving to Cannock to pick up my lad, then WM on the radio as we drive to the game and park in Electric Avenue. Walk past the scrap yard and under the bridge. 

Sausage, bacon and cheese burgers from the van by the Social club, eaten by the time we reach the church. Then the feeling of hope and excitement as we walk up the steps back of the Holte (I used to race my old chap up here in my younger days) Then as an oldie I have to go to the loo while the lad gets the beer in, just as I did when I was with my dad. We join in the chanting for a while and then when the pint is drunk we walk up the steps to the upper Holte out into the sunlight and get the first glimpse of Villa Park and the pitch normally take another photo. We get to our seats and wait for the kick off and that moment all our fans are as one. No arguing about the team selection etc.

So to those lucky guys that are going today, remember us at home and  cheer and shout like there is no tomorrow. Win lose or draw enjoy being back 

Love this Rob. Really summed it all up to me.

• Thanks 1

As good as Chelsea have been with Tuchel in charge, they got spanked by West Brom so it is possible to beat them. I would like Jaden Ashley Fabian Tyrone Thaddeus Philogene-Bidace to have more game time today.

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I so miss match days,

Getting my colours on (deciding which retro shirt will do the job) Driving to Cannock to pick up my lad, then WM on the radio as we drive to the game and park in Electric Avenue. Walk past the scrap yard and under the bridge. 

Sausage, bacon and cheese burgers from the van by the Social club, eaten by the time we reach the church. Then the feeling of hope and excitement as we walk up the steps back of the Holte (I used to race my old chap up here in my younger days) Then as an oldie I have to go to the loo while the lad gets the beer in, just as I did when I was with my dad. We join in the chanting for a while and then when the pint is drunk we walk up the steps to the upper Holte out into the sunlight and get the first glimpse of Villa Park and the pitch normally take another photo. We get to our seats and wait for the kick off and that moment all our fans are as one. No arguing about the team selection etc.

So to those lucky guys that are going today, remember us at home and  cheer and shout like there is no tomorrow. Win lose or draw enjoy being back 

I love this - sums it up perfectly. Can’t wait to take my 2 year old with his Grandad as well. To all those going today - enjoy it and make some huge noise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

As good as Chelsea have been with Tuchel in charge, they got spanked by West Brom so it is possible to beat them. I would like Jaden Ashley Fabian Tyrone Thaddeus Philogene-Bidace to have more game time today.

I think we can only field 11 players... 😜 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I so miss match days,

Bang on the money Rob, unfortunately there is no booze today. Minor inconvenience but me and the boys are well up for it

• Like 1