Chelsea Pre match

dounavilla

Same team as tonight I think bar Luiz coming back in for Nakamba possibly or three man midfield. Think AEG could drop out if it is. Would also keep Konsa at RB and just give AEM a farewell few minutes at the end.

Kante out for them would be huge. Scary attack but their central midfield is pretty slow without him so we can exploit that.

We get a point off them and good chance they finish 5th so that's the motivation for the 10k here who can make a big difference. Feels a bit like 10/11 where we have largely poor second half of the season but can sign off with two really good wins.

Games v them tend to be pretty tight. 1-1 earlier this season and they only beat us 2-1 home and away last season and we were leading at VP until 62nd minute.

Looking forward to this just to hear the crowd again at VP, 2-2.

Edited by VillaChris

Interesting to see how Chelsea approach it with the Chumps league final to follow, would have been better for us if they’d wrapped up a top 4 place already.

That said, I reckon we put in a couple of meaty tackles early on and watch them shrink.

• Like 1

I don't see them being more motivated as an issue. Will make the atmosphere more spicy as after last few weeks would be great to stop them winning and potentially dump them in europa league (although they'll probably just go and win the CL like last time it happened).

I mean I bet @OutByEaster? can think of nothing else, shaping up to be one of the best days of your life eh mate if we're the ones to stop Chelsea making top 4?😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

That poor old Werner fella sure is finding it very dificult to score goals these days ...

Really?

guaranteed to score at least once against us then.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Really?

guaranteed to score at least once against us then.

That's the punchline I was leaving out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blunther said:

Whatever happens, let's not be like Spurs fans and boo. How embarrassing.

Absolute dead-rubber game for us, and Chelsea need the win so not expecting much. Would like to see a good half hour for Philogene-Bidace since he's not involved in the youth cup.

Absolutely no chance we boo this side, even if we lose 3-0. 

However I really hope we stop these ****. Ideally both Chelsea and Liverpool explode and cease to exist, however, a leicester win and us beating or drawing with these pricks at least guarantees one shite team doesn't make it. Another shite team - man city, will smash darker blue shite team in the champions league anyway

21 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's a sort of a free hit game I wouldn't mind seeing Wesley start and one youngster who isn't involved in the fa youth cup. 

Bidace is too old for the youth cup, so possibly him. And of course we already have Ramsey.

• Thanks 1