FA Youth Cup Final vs Liverpool (24th May 19:45)

lexicon

15 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Genuinely one of the best 18 year olds in world football and not just South America by all accounts. Currently on the books at Atletico Nacional in Colombia.

This was him at 14/15.

All very spot on. My mate is a massive nacional fan. He hasn’t played much but apparently he was born in Birmingham is what he just text me. If true. No work permit problems. Just been called up to Colombia u-20s but would be eligible for England if he’s a Brummie  

Just now, Dom_Wren said:

All very spot on. My mate is a massive nacional fan. He hasn’t played much but apparently he was born in Birmingham is what he just text me. If true. No work permit problems. Just been called up to Colombia u-20s but would be eligible for England if he’s a Brummie  

I assumed he was born in Brum but Wiki says Medellin ? 

It's pretty gangster either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Brumerican said:

I assumed he was born in Brum but Wiki says Medellin ? 

It's pretty gangster either way.

Born in Aston raised in communa trece....hard as coffin nails I bet he is!!

Just now, Dom_Wren said:

Born in Aston raised in communa trece....hard as coffin nails I bet he is!!

Nacional fans love his old man more than we do so I bet they can't wait for him to get in the team.

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I beg your pardon but no-one loves his old man more than I do. Forget the kid, put Juan Pablo back in our first team now.

He's in better shape than the kid to be fair . (I'm not saying we don't love him but he genuinely is a God to Nacional fans . He won big trophies with them as a youngster himself and then again as a returning legend)

Juan Pablo Angel on Twitter: "HARD WORK doesn't have to be witnessed, Time  exposes everything 🔥💪🏻⚽️ #TomasAngel… "

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Reyna and Haaland too

Next generation of kids born here whilst their dad's played in the PL

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Reyna and Haaland too

Next generation of kids born here whilst their dad's played in the PL

Lets get isak bergmann jóhannesson in as well 

5 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Hopefully Mellberg and Laursen have sons, get the band back together 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Awesome match yesterday! Great ending to an exciting season.

The match also shown me, it is a huge gap between u18 and the PL squad. Could clearly see there are much needed to be learned for Chuk, the potential is skyhigh! Cannot wait to see him more involved in the PL next season.

Cant wait to see these guys continue their journey

Based on the July 1st cut off point these are the ones from our current U18s/U23s that will qualify to defend the trophy next season...

Josh Lane, Oliwier Zych, Frankie Ealing, Sil Swinkels, Aaron O'Reilly, Seb Revan, Ben Chrisene, Lamare Bogarde, Edward Rowe, Taylor-Jay Hart, Tommi O'Reilly, Chisom Afoka, Kahrel Reddin, Carney Chukwuemeka, Dewain Sewell, Ruben Shakpoke... Barry and McBride will miss out by a matter of days, not sure if Chukwuemeka will take part if he's more involved with the first team squad...

As well as those there will presumably be a few new signings and the players promoted from the U16s.

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The standouts for  me were kesler barry rakhi and young

Didnt think chuk had the best game

Mostly agree but Chuk had a few exceptionally rude moments where he did stuff that no-one else on that pitch was capable of. Weren't telling goal contributions (one nearly was though, i think ended in a Barry blocked shot). Chrisene worth a mention too, Swinkels despite some sketchy decisions looked class at times, Bogarde has really good feet. Revan had some good moments too. Young and Rakhi were superb though, Rakhi has got an excellent range of pass and some filthy first touch outside of the boot passing, looked class. Young looks like he knows the number 9 role inside out, fantastic running and the all important timing of the runs were perfect most of the time. 

Barry reminded me a bit of Overmars playing on the left, hopefully as he matures he'll get even better.

A lot of talent all over that pitch, hopefully a few can make it with us long term.

Gregg Evans has written a really good piece in the athletic this morning.

To summarise, this is all down to the owners. Over the last 18 months they've provided the funds to hire coaches and played a big role in our aggressive recruiting. 

The owners message was pitched to all potential players. 

Bogarde was seen as a massive coup.

All very positive stuff. And it sounds like the following years will be just as fun.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gregg Evans has written a really good piece in the athletic this morning.

To summarise, this is all down to the owners. Over the last 18 months they've provided the funds to hire coaches and played a big role in our aggressive recruiting. 

The owners message was pitched to all potential players. 

Bogarde was seen as a massive coup.

All very positive stuff. And it sounds like the following years will be just as fun.

Out of interest how many from last night were bought in? 

Chuk from Northampton but I dont know that story, swinkels, bogarde, sylla, Barry, any others? 

Hopefully the owners get a buzz from it, huge indications that what they're doing is working 

Said in the wolves thread that what we're trying to do is crazy hard and ultimately what wolves did is no different from what several other teams have tried to do... But maybe this is slightly different, can't think of anyone who's had a huge crop of youngsters come through as part of their push up the table 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Out of interest how many from last night were bought in? 

Chuk from Northampton but I dont know that story, swinkels, bogarde, sylla, Barry, any others? 

Hopefully the owners get a buzz from it, huge indications that what they're doing is working 

Said in the wolves thread that what we're trying to do is crazy hard and ultimately what wolves did is no different from what several other teams have tried to do... But maybe this is slightly different, can't think of anyone who's had a huge crop of youngsters come through as part of their push up the table 

If you have well off owners who are willing to be part of the long haul for me its a no brainer. It could produce some brilliant talent and ultimately will add value to the club.

Millions are wasted on average players, at least this might be productive in the long term.

• Like 1

Â