FA Youth Cup Final vs Liverpool (24th May 19:45)

lexicon

I really liked the look of Seb Revan. While we are talking about comparisons he reminded me a lot of Alan Wright. Slight in size but tenacious and technically very good. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think five of this team is young enough to take part in next years FA Youth cup.

If we ever do win the big one some of these will be part of it. This morning I was getting excited about the thought of having Buendia in this squad.

Right now I'm wondering if Buendia could lace Chuk's boots.

Of those that played today I think that Revan, Swinkels, Bogarde, Chrisene Barry, Chukwuemeka, and Reddin will all still be eighteen or under next season, Afoka and Shakpoke will also still be young enough.

Some of the others like Appiah, Raikhy, Lindley, Ramsey, Kesler, and Young will turn nineteen during the season so probably won't use them in the same way we didn't use Philogene-Bidace this season even in the earlier rounds when he was still eighteen.

Some of the this year season's first year scholars will be more involved, and probably some of the highly rated players from next years first year scholars, Travis Patterson springs to mind who's already made the bench for the U23s despite only being fifteen, as well as that we will probably sign some new players as well.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Of those that played today I think that Revan, Swinkels, Bogarde, Chrisene Barry, Chukwuemeka, and Reddin will all still be eighteen or under next season, Afoka and Shakpoke will also still be young enough.

Some of the others like Appiah, Raikhy, Lindley, Ramsey, Kesler, and Young will turn nineteen during the season so probably won't use them in the same way we didn't use Philogene-Bidace this season even in the earlier rounds when he was still eighteen.

Some of the this year season's first year scholars will be more involved, and probably some of the highly rated players from next years first year scholars, Travis Patterson springs to mind who's already made the bench for the U23s despite only being fifteen, as well as that we will probably sign some new players as well.

I think (I might be wrong) you have to be under 18 on the 1st July to play - I'm not sure if Barry makes it.

I think on top of those you mentioned, we'll see three or four new signings join the group next season. 

it's an immensely exciting time for the academy.

44 minutes ago, Enda said:

It’s strange that all the Chumbawamba comparisons are to other black men. Human nature, maybe. For a bit of balance, I’ll say he reminds me of Gavin McCann.

As a number 10 he is closer to a Riquelme than he is Yaya Toure. Without getting too carried away the way he can cruise past people at pace is similar to Kaka also. The power he can get in placed shots is Pogbaesque though.

In that case Barry won't be able to take part next season as according to the official site he turns eighteen on July 22nd, and the players that turn nineteen can't play in the earlier rounds before their birthday even we wanted them to, but I think Revan, Swinkels, Bogarde, Chrisene Barry, Chukwuemeka, Afoka, Shakpoke and Reddin will definitely all still qualify.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think (I might be wrong) you have to be under 18 on the 1st July to play - I'm not sure if Barry makes it.

I think on top of those you mentioned, we'll see three or four new signings join the group next season. 

it's an immensely exciting time for the academy.

And we have  a one brand spanking new facility at Bodymoor for the academy paid for by HS2, and hopefully the inner city academy at Witton if we get the planning permission.

We are/should be the biggest club between fancy pants London and the grim North. That should be huge catchment area to work on now we are treating the academy properly again.

Good times are here again.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

as well as that we will probably sign some new players as well.

Isn't Juan Pablo's kid Tomas Angel in that range now ? Would love him here.

Born in Medellin too so instant badass.

Stefan Moore's not even that old himself, only 37, he could still be playing. He did an inteview recently with Dan Bardell and Gregg Evans, quite interesting but he's quite harsh on himself at times, does talk about Kobei Moore but only briefly. Sean Verity the U18 the assistant academy manager, has coached them both which shows how long he's been at the club.

• Like 1

We were great in that first half and I was so impressed by our style of play.

Several of the more obvious players stood out (Carney is clearly a future star), but I thought Revan looked decent. Wasn’t sure if we had any promising young LBs coming through but this lad looked the part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I don't know about Juan Pablo's son,

Genuinely one of the best 18 year olds in world football and not just South America by all accounts. Currently on the books at Atletico Nacional in Colombia.

This was him at 14/15.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â