FA Youth Cup Final vs Liverpool (24th May 19:45)

lexicon

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

There'll be a fair few of these lads go out on loan next season. Chuka will not though, he's definitely being slowly being a first teamer. Villa's own young Yaya Toure in making

They need to go out on loan as they are obviously  well ahead of U23 football and need to be tested, physically, technically and mentally. As for Chuka he needs to be around the first team and needs some ‘tough’ matches. He is potentially a top player but there were times tonight when it was clearly too easy for him and he f****d it up , the last thing we need is a Pogba on our hands instead of a Yaya Toure.

Wonderful stuff. That first half in particular was electric. One thing though, how are they all doing Instagram lives from the changing room?! I can barely receive a what’s app message at VP 😆

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Haven’t watched much of the youth side so was great to see a proper full game. Thought Brad Young was particularly impressive tbh. 

Agree. His runs in behind the defence were fantastic.

Loved the fake shot Chuk did that bamboozled 4 defenders.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

There'll be a fair few of these lads go out on loan next season. Chuka will not though, he's definitely being slowly being a first teamer. Villa's own young Yaya Toure in making

I'd say he has the style of Pogba personally.

They were immense tonight. What a great way to end the season. Not a bad last five or six days. 2-1 wins v Spurs and Chelsea in the league, and v liverpool to win the FA youth cup.

Well done villa!

Edited by turvontour
  • Like 1

I didn't say that Toure didn't have any attacking ability because obviously he did, but it was in a different way to how Chukwuemeke plays, when attacking Chukwuemeka is someone who likes to dribble past players and run with the ball, use trickery, and link up with players in the attacking third using quick passing movements.

To be honest I can't really think of many midfielders like him, he's like an hybrid of Viera and Grealish, can also see where people are coming from with the Pogba comparisons, and he's said himself that he tries to play like him.

When it comes down it though he's essentially his own player, and pretty much good at everything, so whichever footballer he's  compared to there's going to be an element of truth to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

It’s strange that all the Chumbawamba comparisons are to other black men. Human nature, maybe. For a bit of balance, I’ll say he reminds me of Gavin McCann.

I think the Chumbawumba thing crosses more lines tbh .😀  

Lazy comparisons are going to be flooding in and should be treated with the spirit they are intended. It seems to me he's being compared to some damn fine players right now and that's the only thing we should be focusing on .

Â