FA Youth Cup Final vs Liverpool (24th May 19:45)

lexicon

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes I thought of that one, great individuals Gidman, Little and Macdonald but the football this lot are playing is rediculous

The game has obviously moved on in terms of fitness, technique, tactics etc and it would be impossible to make realistic comparisons other than both our teams were better than Liverpool’s in their respective finals . UTV

Some of the best football I've seen from any Villa team in the 1st half.

Strangely sloppy in the 2nd. We should have been 4 or 5 up by HT.

Well done lads.

Going to be fun to see what this summer brings but I'm really optimistic about where a lot of these players can take us if they stay with us. Can see the class of 2021 being talked about in decades to come.

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

They'll all be on the fizzy pop tonight 

Bogards brought a keg that he stole from his Dads basement. They're all going back to Swinkels parents house (who are away) to smash through it and some of Sil's special ganga to celebrate

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 3

The team has fantastic chemistry, we are building a very committed and talented youth team. I can imagine a few call-ups and integrating in groups, having played together for awhile at different levels. The structure we have and vision is amazing.

So proud of all of them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

What a way to kill the mood...🤣

To be fair that's pretty decent compared to some of the youth finals teams, it's not the quality of those who "make it" it's more the shear quantity of those that don't that's the depressing thing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Where the heck is @sir_gary_cahill??

If the rest of us can actually watch the match, he ain't interested. 

I'll fill in for him. 

If you think this lot are good, they are nothing compared to the current crop of U13s. There's a lad in that squad who is better than Nathan Delfouneso ever was at this age, and he's only 8, been playing with the big lads this season though. Deano has his eye on him for the U21s next season. 

How did I do? 

• Haha 2

Marschall        Long way to go

Revan   Very good

Swinkels  They were cloning sheep in the 90's . Now it's Ciaran clarks

Bogarde   Strong and calm . Already done more in England than Winston.

Kesler  . Oh my. Technically amazing .

Raikhy.  Very silky player but how does someone who sounds like Reiki run out of energy ? Just pull some from the cosmos or whatnot FFS.

Chukwuemeker. Not a question of if he makes it rather if we can fend off the elite bids that will inevitably come.

Lindley     Meat and potatoes guy really. Not bad mind.

Chrisene  .  Nice finish and some lovely feet but others stood out more.

Young .     Ben Stokes and Jack together ...good times.

Barry    Not as skilful as Jack but a lot more direct . He's in.

Ramsey    Does look more talented than Jacob I must admit.

I haven't seen a crop like this outside of housing estate loft.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â