• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Luiz (Grealish 73)
    • Chukwuemeka (Nakamba 88)
    • Philogene-Bidace (Traoré 90+2)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/21 at 22:59

57 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That move by Bale late in the game though 🤩

How did the kids do tonight?

They played  well. Didnt seem out of place during their short spell. It was quite a big deal at the time trusting them both to help close out the game was quite the compliment. 

Both showed the energy you would expect being on the pitch for six minutes or so. Chukwuemeka had a nice shot that came off the post. Philogene-Bidace was generally a nuisance to spurs penning them in their own half.

Both played some nice football, all in all a nice performance from both rewarding dean smiths trust in them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, turvontour said:

They really didn't show the penalty? We really do seem to have been hard done by in the last month or so by decisions. I'd have had absolutely no complaints if that was Martinez on Son.

They showed it during the highlights and Jonathan Pearce said that Lloris took out Ollie. Just didn’t mention afterwards, but to be fair they only have a couple of mins to sum it all up.

I actually think Pearce was savage during his commentary on the highlights, he said “Spurs trying to play out from the back with players that aren’t good enough to play out” ha ha, that tickled me.

• Like 1

Of course, anything going to VAR was never in a million years going to be in Villa's favour.

Friend no likey Villa.

Oh what a night... This reaction post and match highlights should be read whilst listening to 'Breame & Jack Vath - Can You Hear Me (Extended Mix) [Emergent Shores]' - that's what I am toe tapping to gleefully as I write this. Don't think the tune is out yet, but it's Track 4 from this 'Lumidelic Pres. Serene Waves 47 [May 2021]' on YouTube. 

For a few minutes, I feared the worst when that rocket flew past Martinez to open the scoring for them. But what followed was the dispelling of the myth that Villa have a needlessly repetitive soft underbelly. It somehow galvanised us into action... and what action we took. We fought back, played football and established ourselves into the game - the Coleman punditry effectively a bromance for us. And so, the match was levelled with the most spectacular own goal you're ever likely to see. It wasn't comical, like some own goals, it was sublimely world class in terms of quality. What a finish. 

At 1-1, we didn't stop... we continued aplomb. More of the same from us. We looked comfortable in this sorcerous game of football. Persistence from Bertie created a sniff in the box for Watkins to slot in past the flailing Lloris. And 2-1 it was... And still we didn't stop. 

In the second half, Spurs had spells where it looked like they could turn it round, but the more they pressed forward, the more gaps at the back we could exploit and our chance/shot count accelerated. We could have had several more goals on the night. 

A VAR contrivance of the highest order denied us a first half penalty. It really is a circus of fan trolling now, VAR. No faith in that at all. As someone else posted, this isn't human error now in the style of traditional reffing, it's human manipulation. 

And whilst I remember, credit to #TRO for the use of the word plethora in his reaction post. Bravo sir. 

Notables - 

The booing from Spurs fans was epic. Entitlement there on a plate for you. Please, please, please Villa, show more class on Sunday if we get beaten by better players on the pitch. 

McGinn was magic against Spurs last night, seemed like the McGinn we know and love. But for his tireless campaign last night, I gave MOTM to Ollie Watkins. 

Luiz looked better further forward, Marvellous (I love him) did well, though I am a little concerned with his passing, especially cross-field passes. More games will see him right in my opinion. The makeshift defence looked really assured - some nice runs down the right from Konsa. Good to see Grealish at work, even if not fit. He is like a robust comfort blanket. 

And credit to the two youngsters who came on and quite literally took the piss for a few minutes at the end. Neither looked out of place and Chukkie would have sent me into delirious orbit had his shot trickled in off the post. Thrilled for them both to get their debut. So many things from last night to make us proud to be Villa... the here and now is very decent... the future has a limitless sky right now. It feels that good... please remember this come Sunday, whatever happens. Just enjoy football for what it is. 

And finally, what a sexy jumper Smith was wearing. None of this gutter hoodie shite that Pep wears... Smith looked every bit like the safe pair of 'dad-hands' in that jumper. I want one. I'm old enough to qualify for one of those. 

Up the Villa y'all... UP THE VILLA, and thrice. 

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 4

Reading the spurs forum and some of these comments are just classic.

It starts with:

Fair play to him for still playing for his club, but it's a bit of a travesty that someone as good as Grealish is still playing for Villa at 25. He deserves a lot more. ->>>( Well he's not going to be playing for your shite club)

Just realized McGinn looks like the before picture of Sloth from the Goonies.->>>( I'm sure we may of found you a character likeness also)

Grealish wouldn’t be rolling around if he got a decent haircut and put his shinnies on: you’ve got to be at least Ginola good to get away with that!->>>( of course haircuts and whinnies are to totally do with be knocked to the ground)

Grealish falls down more than any Human in the entirety of history.->>>( I bet if we dug into this posters history we'd find you lay on your back more than a prostitute does in her entire life)

We could have had Grealish at Spurs but that penny pinching word removed f**ked that like he **** everything. ->>>( I had to censor this abit)

Villa letting Spurs hang around. ->>>(yes I thought that also)

No pressing no marking players holding onto the ball too long compared to villa. Do these fickers realise they have 10k fans in the ground.->>( do you not realise your fans were our fans)

I didn't know Konsa was a spurs fan, make the deal Levi->>>( Not happening keep your grubby claws off)

Funniest moment of the game, Grealish waving his hand at PEH to get up ... like he never dives..🤣

Traore just waltzing into our box.

omg mcginn doing some sexy stuff

Grealish is better than all midfielders combined. Embarrassing stuff

Traore is looking like the player we all want Tanguy to be.. who the heck is this guy?!?

This Villa side has 2 wins in 12 and we are making them look like champions

Villa just walking through our back four, embarrassing.

Watkins might have been offside but he was **** around in front of goal like it was a game up the park and taking the piss out of us.

always enjoy the read of fan forums, it sheds a light on how they see the game compared to us but I must say the spurs forum is one of the best I've read this season, some absolutely excellent and howling comments from there fans.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jas10 said:

How many did Dion get for us? Always seemed prolific to me…

Most Dion scored in a single season in the league is 10 in the 99-2000 season. Gabby was the most before with 13 league goals in the 2009-10 season.

4 hours ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

In fairness to Jamie redknapp on Sky he did manage to squeeze in the comment 'oh , and by the way, Villa should have had a penalty too'

We should have had two or three penalties. The Alderweireld challenge on Ollie was a pen imo, and you also know that the Ollie strike that hit Dier's arm would have been given had it been Kane hitting Mings arm.

25 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Most Dion scored in a single season in the league is 10 in the 99-2000 season. Gabby was the most before with 13 league goals in the 2009-10 season.

Na mate, was 12. Looked it up yesterday.

You’re correct on Gabby.

Most Joachim got in a PL season was 14.

(Premier League goals only)

Edited by Jas10

Â