• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Luiz (Grealish 73)
    • Chukwuemeka (Nakamba 88)
    • Philogene-Bidace (Traoré 90+2)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/21 at 22:59

Just now, Jas10 said:

Yeah but they did show it in the match highlights and showed the replay at least, and the commentator intimated that he thought it was a pen. Definitely was - clear as day.

They also gave credit to Mings which was definitely warranted, a huge player for us.

You know, the refs and VAR have really f***** us over this season, conspired against us. Another huge factor that’s held us back this season…

And we aren't alone with that either, many teams have been royally screwed by VAR

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Can't argue with that, it's a good way of assisting the big teams when they need some help. It's like Fergie time for the big 6

There’s no question that the “big clubs” are favoured and none more so or even comparative to Man Poo.

Something needs to change next season because there has not been a level playing field…

Just now, Jas10 said:

There’s no question that the “big clubs” are favoured and none more so or even comparative to Man Poo.

Something needs to change next season because there has not been a level playing field…

Ideally they would do away with it altogether. I think I preferred human error, VAR is more human manipulation.

Clear and obvious they said, millimetres offside is not clear and obvious.

Alas, I think we are stuck with it now

• Like 1

Great performance ALL of them.

McGinn's best game for ages.

Thought Grealish added that quality we've missed though, he was an outlet and made space, created chances and set some key attacks.

I know Nakamaba made an error that led to their goal but I thought he played really well.

El Ghazi too had a good game tonight and he seemed to actually get 'stuck in' a little bit.

Bertrand Traore, he's some player. I know he gets some stick but I really like him, seems like he's about to score goal of the season any minute!

Really proud to see Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace get on and actually look ready for PL football.

One absolutely top class save from Martinez, (maybe two).

UTV 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Ideally they would do away with it altogether. I think I preferred human error, VAR is more human manipulation.

Clear and obvious they said, millimetres offside is not clear and obvious.

Alas, I think we are stuck with it now

It’s not just VAR, the refs have been dreadful and some seem to have some kind of agenda against us.

Its not so much the technology, it’s the people that use it and make the decisions who are at fault.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s not just VAR, the refs have been dreadful and some seem to have some kind of agenda against us.

Its not so much the technology, it’s the people that use it and make the decisions who are at fault.

Yep, the quality of refs is lower then I can remember. You can say its mis-use of technology but they have everything they need to get the important decisions right and they are failing miserably. 

• Like 2

Such a good away performance. Better than Everton perhaps, and similar. We should’ve had about 6 goals and once they scored we took control. McGinn was excellent and Nakamba improved after his mess up. Our defence stood up to everything and Konsa looked very assured at RB. We stifled Kane and Son all game and stopped the supply. Did great. 

Grealish showed again how everyone lifts their game when they play with him; Traore and El Ghazi notably. Watkins just doesn’t stop hustling, so good. 

Subs were great when they came on. There’s some excitement building for Trouble Maker for sure. Even after Grealish went off we created more good chances although, naturally, our control of possession dropped abit.

Great to finally beat Spurs and to win from going behind away from home for the first time since Arsenal away opening day of the season when Tony Moon wrapped up a 1-3 win in August 2013.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Was it 6 in first 4 games then no idea

Looked it up, the best Dublin did was 12 PL goals in the 99/00 season.

Well done Ollie 👏 14 goals…hopefully he can get at least another in the last game…

Could have had more this season, if not for some wretched decisions.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Such a good away performance. Better than Everton perhaps, and similar. We should’ve had about 6 goals and once they scored we took control. McGinn was excellent and Nakamba improved after his mess up. Our defence stood up to everything and Konsa looked very assured at RB. We stifled Kane and Son all game and stopped the supply. Did great. 

Grealish showed again how everyone lifts their game when they play with him; Traore and El Ghazi notably. Watkins just doesn’t stop hustling, so good. 

Subs were great when they came on. There’s some excitement building for Trouble Maker for sure. Even after Grealish went off we created more good chances although, naturally, our control of possession dropped abit.

Great to finally beat Spurs and to win from going behind away from home for the first time since Arsenal away opening day of the season when Tony Moon wrapped up a 1-3 win in August 2013.

Absolutely, the whole team performs much better when Jack is around. And he leads by example on the pitch and demands better from his teammates. A couple more anything like him and we will be flying.

Yep, McGinn was back to his tigerish best. I believe his greatest strength is his pressing and ability to nick the ball but his game relies on fitness and energy. 

Ollie is amazing.

Nakamba had a decent game, helpful defensively. But he just doesn’t possess the strength or quality on the ball & in his passing to be a top DM. We could really do with one…

Trouble Maker? Is that Carney’s nickname or something?

• Like 1

Â