• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Luiz (Grealish 73)
    • Chukwuemeka (Nakamba 88)
    • Philogene-Bidace (Traoré 90+2)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/21 at 22:59

Good season, we tailed off a bit but 11th place finish is a marked improvement on last season. Will be the first summer since we went down from the PL a few years back that we don't have to go into the market for a keeper.( touch wood ) That's huge. I don't even think our back 4 will change much, nor should it. Spots we can improve on without spending huge then we can spend big on 2 or 3 others who will make the team better. Like for instance Targett is absolutely flying it but with Taylor going we need some one. Heard Aaron Hickey is unsettled at Bologna, not really broke into the team after a great start. He's a great talent though. Might not get ahead of Targett but if we explain his role, given his age, and his path to first team football, he might come. Wouldn't be big money either. I'd spend big on a centre mid and left wing. Pointless paying huge money for a striker. Ollie is his man and rightly so.

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If Jack stays in the middle then we definitely need a left winger maybe the Uruguay player is being bought (potentially) into play on the left or alternate with Jack. 

Also I don't care what anyone says Matt Targett is officially world class.

What a season he has had 👏 

Just shows how much our players can improve with time, patience and coaching.

Excited to see how we perform next season with some extra stars in the team. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

We’re so much better on the ball and our ability to retain it with Jack on the pitch… was sad to see him come off but understood it. The kids were great when they came on, just imagine if Carney’s shot had gone in, what a strike!

Get Deano a few more top players and we’ll be tearing the likes of these a new arsehole on a regular basis.

Yes the balance of the midfield was far better. Having Nakamba as DM let Mcginn does his stuff and with Grealish liking everything up it was good. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vreitti said:

If that doesn't prove the doubters wrong, nothing will. Either way, couldn't care less. We are simply marvelous. What a game, what a season. 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I’m one of the 27 who voted “poor” and I worried I was being too generous.😛

I was so excited I apparently voted "very good" on everything. 

• Haha 3

We've had three cracking away performances (& results) this season - at Arsenal (0-3), at Everton (1-2) and now at Spurs (1-2). These are the teams we need to be competing with over the next season or two and I really believe with a couple of quality additions we will do so.

Add into that, away wins at Leeds, Saints, Wolves and its been a really good season, tonight we were deserving winners and it really could (should) have been 5!

Voted Mings because I think without him we're just not the same team but McGinn was excellent as was Marvellous and the tireless Watkins. In fact right through the spine with Emi / Jack it was solid. 

The icing on the cake would have been the Carney shot nestling in off the post but what a great sight seeing our future come on and play with such maturity.

If we get the next couple of windows right then the future is definitely claret and blue 💜💙

• Like 4

Brilliant. Could and should have won by a bigger margin. We were really bad until they scored but straight after that the game changed and they couldn’t handle us.

After seeing the penalty not given for Watkins, I can’t understand how anyone has voted the ref team as anything above very poor. Shocking decision.

Really happy for the two young lads making their debuts at the end, presume we won’t see them Sunday given the Youth Cup final on Monday. Just a shame Chuk’s effort didn’t go in!

Found it hard to pick a MOTM but went for McGinn; when he’s good he’s very very good.

Jack was a million times better today than Sunday, great to watch him scheming again.

Absolutely cannot wait til Sunday now!

• Like 3

In all fairness, we’ve played much better compared to the Palace game the other day. Chris Coleman said on commentary, when Spurs scored, they immediately switched off and we dug into them for the rest of the game. I thought Regulion had a blinder conceding the OG and Watkins’ goal too.

What frustrates me is if only if we did this performance earlier on this season and not going in to a game so open aired like we were at Palace and a few other games before, then we probably wouldn’t’ve found ourselves 11/12th.

In this game, we were organised and kept Spurs’ players out of the game, should’ve probably been 4 or 5, but 1-2 is ok at least we won that’s the main thing and didn’t mess up.

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

First time in 11 years we have got to 50 points too!

Best season in my (relatively short) fandom. This season, while not living up to the potential it had at Christmas, has provided plenty of great memories.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

First time in 11 years we have got to 50 points too!

As a season it’s also worth reiterating that we had our best start to a season for 90 years this year too. Really good season. Couple of players and we’ll tear it up next year. 

• Like 1

Make so many chances, and throw so many away. We should have been out of sight, and consider how many times this has happened.

We really need to do something about it, throw money at it probably.

But mustn't grumble, for that was a terrific win. The defence great as usual. Thought Nakamba was excellent. As was Watkins as usual. He has been a brilliant signing. Needs to put away more chances though.

Great to see a couple of young lads come on, and they did very well, immediately got involved and caused problems. Chukwuemeka is going to be some player for us.

That was very unexpected but very welcome.

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

As a season it’s also worth reiterating that we had our best start to a season for 90 years this year too. Really good season. Couple of players and we’ll tear it up next year. 

A tight-knit dressing room with the talent to back it up, playing for a manager who continues to develop and evolve, with very rich owners and many promising youth to blend into the first team. We will continue to improve and surprise teams next season. Such an exciting time. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

We've had three cracking away performances (& results) this season - at Arsenal (0-3), at Everton (1-2) and now at Spurs (1-2). These are the teams we need to be competing with over the next season or two and I really believe with a couple of quality additions we will do so.

Add into that, away wins at Leeds, Saints, Wolves and its been a really good season, tonight we were deserving winners and it really could (should) have been 5!

Voted Mings because I think without him we're just not the same team but McGinn was excellent as was Marvellous and the tireless Watkins. In fact right through the spine with Emi / Jack it was solid. 

The icing on the cake would have been the Carney shot nestling in off the post but what a great sight seeing our future come on and play with such maturity.

If we get the next couple of windows right then the future is definitely claret and blue 💜💙

We won at Leicester too

• Like 2

Â