Fantasy NFL 2021/22

Beastmix

@Beastmix Not sure if it is too late to adjust now but just noticed the schedule in our fantasy league hasn't been updated to correlate with the extra game.

We have the final in Week 16, should be 17. Quarter-Finals in Week 14 when some teams have a bye.

Leave the last week (18) free, as always, to avoid issues with starters being rested.

If you can, just need to add in an additional league game pushing the playoffs back a week.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

@Beastmix Not sure if it is too late to adjust now but just noticed the schedule in our fantasy league hasn't been updated to correlate with the extra game.

We have the final in Week 16, should be 17. Quarter-Finals in Week 14 when some teams have a bye.

Leave the last week (18) free, as always, to avoid issues with starters being rested.

If you can, just need to add in an additional league game pushing the playoffs back a week.

Good spot. I've corrected this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

Fair enough. Maybe you have to do it in a certain time period, because the player I dropped is on waivers for me. Not that I want him anyway.

I'm not certain why it's doing this. I have no waiver settings at the moment, so nobody should be.
I'm planning to set up the standard 'Sunday to Tuesday' waiver setting as of some point later tonight though (I have to go out, so whenever I get home - if anybody wanted a specific time 😂).

Just now, rjw63 said:

Less than 6 points for Tampa D, I hope these scores are going to be what everyone gets!

It's basically standard scoring apart from the QB's so if it's a bad day for DST you'll get between 0-4 points.  An average score is 4-8 points and a really good performance 8-12 points plus (roughly) .  Most of us will hit that 4-8 point zone IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's basically standard scoring apart from the QB's so if it's a bad day for DST you'll get between 0-4 points.  An average score is 4-8 points and a really good performance 8-12 points plus (roughly) .  Most of us will hit that 4-8 point zone IMO.

Yeah, these are the standard settings, more or less. I have no idea what bizarre system we were using before, but the days of 50~80odd points for DEF are over. Absolutely wild point swings.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

It's not like Tampa pitched a shut out last night either. Dallas put some decent points on them.

What's the points reward for a shut out (I know, it hardly ever happens)?

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I think I hit 22 points once with Buffalo but I can't recall the game score. There were loads of sacks, picks etc though.

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

It's a shame you can't set this as a bonus points option.

If your team gets a shut out, you don't lose any of your starting 10pts.

11 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

It's a shame you can't set this as a bonus points option.

If your team gets a shut out, you don't lose any of your starting 10pts.

I think how we used to score was to having the starting points higher and then they got whittled down through negative plays like being scored on.

Not suggesting we change it for this pr any season, but perhaps it would be a way to give +10 points as an example.

I could be completely wrong mind you.

34 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I think how we used to score was to having the starting points higher and then they got whittled down through negative plays like being scored on.

Not suggesting we change it for this pr any season, but perhaps it would be a way to give +10 points as an example.

I could be completely wrong mind you.

It basically works the same, but the pts swing is less dramatic. Instead of starting with 60pts, we start with 10pts, which is then whittled down through negative plays (or increased through positive plays, same as before)

However, the positive/negative was so extreme before it could almost influence the overall result on it's own. How we currently have it - the default fantasy setting - is far more reasonable.

• Like 2

The DEF scoring system last year destroyed the game IMO. You could outscore an opponent in every other metric, but get rinsed on DEF and lose the match-up. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

The DEF scoring system last year destroyed the game IMO. You could outscore an opponent in every other metric, but get rinsed on DEF and lose the match-up. 

I never knew the D/ST scoring was standard before I drafted so I wasted a high pick on the Rams D.   On reflection I would have took the highest week 1 projected team with my last pick and just streamed defenses like I do in the free leagues . It was also inexplicably fast and I had been practising with a minute per pick  so I ended up rushing most of my early picks.  

2 hours ago, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

Players whose game hasn't even started are locked at the start of 1pm games and on waivers? Not a fan of that.

Didn't realise and now going to have to forgo a kicker this week.

Sorry, dude. Not sure why it's doing that? I have it set from 'Gametime Sunday to Tuesday' and so presumed it was from the gametime (be it 6pm, 9pm. or 1:30am uk time). I didn't think it would lock everything at 6pm.

I know it doesn't help you much now (unless it lets you get a kicker for the late game of MNF), but I'll look into it.

Â