First computer game you played?

KenjiOgiwara

• 6 months later...
On 09/06/2021 at 14:22, choffer said:

Would have spent hours trying to input code into a zx81 but never once for any of them to work so I suppose the first for me would have been Atik Atak on my mates spectrum. 

Reading through this brought back a memory. We had a book of codes we’d type in to an amstrad cpc 464 that would create games. That would have been 1989/90 wow! It’s just dawned on me that I learned about coding when I was 9 and have never even considered it since.  

On 28/05/2021 at 07:48, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Anyone remember Ant Attack on the 48k Spectrum.  I am sure this was way ahead of its time.

All 3D,  I was super impressed by that game.  Very early after the Spectrum was released I think ?

I have an Ant Attack T shirt. I am so retro.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 13:27, PussEKatt said:

Space invaders.On a system that I cant remember the name of.

Me too! I think. 🤔 My aunt in Leeds had somehow ended up getting a really big space invaders arcade machine from somewhere and it was in her living room(?!) This must have been the end of the 70s or start of the 80s when I was about 7 or maybe 8. I don't know what year the game came out. Man I used to love going to my aunt's house! 

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

My first game, on my first own system was MouseTrap on the Colecovision

colecovision-mouse-trap-screenshot.png

I probably played something before that, definitely in the arcade but don't remember.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tegis said:

My first game, on my first own system was MouseTrap on the Colecovision

colecovision-mouse-trap-screenshot.png

I probably played something before that, definitely in the arcade but don't remember.

Nice, this looks a lot like Pacman, which is one of the few computer games I've ever played a lot (along with Space Invaders and Super Mario).

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

Nice, this looks a lot like Pacman

Very much a clone, with the added option of opening and closing the coloured doors. If one was nifty you box in the cats and trap them. There was also an annoying bird that flew over the barriers to hunt you.

5 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Alex the Kidd at a mates house. Sonic the Hedgehog on my own console. Z on PC.

Similar to me. Alex Kidd in Miracle world + Sonic the Hedgehog on master system.

I also had Z on PC which was really great. Basically an RTS prototype. I think the first on PC I remember is Doom (my parents really didn't care about video game violence it seems!)

• 2 weeks later...
Â