First computer game you played?

KenjiOgiwara

What's your 'evolution'?

I remember playing The Adventures of Captain Comic (1987).

Snarf.

Moved on to Wolfenstein 3D and the Sims.

And then it snowballed.

You?

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Mum bought Dad a NES when I was 4-5. It essentially became mine. First game would have been Super Mario Bros.

Actual computer game would have probably been Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

• Like 1

My dad's old atari out of the attic so probably something like pong or breakout, pitfall was my favourite but I doubt it was the first one I played 

Then a Gameboy with tetris, my brother got crash test dummies for his birthday 

Then Mario on a mates nes

Then my mom got me and my brother a snes which came with street fighter

The first game I bought myself with pocket money would have been a snes game but I can't remember which, maybe buster busts loose in 92, hard to remember cos there was a big borrowing scene with family and neighbours at the time, I didn't play that many Gameboy games but I played tons of snes games 

Kung Fu on my dad's Commodore

Kung-Fu Master - C64-Wiki

Absolutely loved it and then got in on my NES a couple of years later.  I don't know why because I couldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd floor.

• Like 2

I can't remember the actual game, but I know it was the ZX Spectrum. I can still remember seeing it set up for the first time and not knowing what it was and then becoming addicted.

It was probably something like the original Dizzy

There's a photo of me aged about 3 or 4 sitting on my dad's lap playing The Real Ghostbusters at his mate's house. A quick google tells me it was an arcade game later ported to several consoles. I'm not sure what console I played but I remember liking the lime green joystick.

A couple of years later I got a Sega Gamegear for Christmas so the first game I played that was my own was more than likely this;

Sega%20Game%20Pack%204%20in%201%20(Europ 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't remember the actual game, but I know it was the ZX Spectrum.

Was about to type this almost verbatim.  Couldn't say which was first, but of the Spectrum games I remember playing there was Star Wars, Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Manic Miner, N.O.M.A.D, Horace Goes Skiing, Batman, Cavern Fighter, Airwolf, Bruce Lee and Star Raiders II.

Star Raiders II in particular was just mind-blowing to me at the time, absolutely loved it.  Mad to think how far gaming has come, really.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Was about to type this almost verbatim.  Couldn't say which was first, but of the Spectrum games I remember playing there was Star Wars, Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Manic Miner, N.O.M.A.D, Horace Goes Skiing, Batman, Cavern Fighter, Airwolf, Bruce Lee and Star Raiders II.

Star Raiders II in particular was just mind-blowing to me at the time, absolutely loved it.  Mad to think how far gaming has come, really.

Yeah a very good chance it was Manic Miner as well. Over the years I played dozens and dozens of games. Dad used to go to car boot sales and get boxes and boxes of (I presume pirated) games.

But when we first had the spectrum we only had a handful and Dizzy and Manic Miner were definitely two of them. Cavern Fighter another and Solomon's Key. And a bat and ball game like breakout. It wasn't Breakout bu the same sort of thing. i'm sur eit had a monster or a dragon on the title screen. Anyway I played the shit out of that

Had a ZX Spectrum first, can't remember which games exactly. There was a space invaders type one.

Best Christmas ever, we got a PC with a built-in Sega Mega Drive on a kind of manual dual boot. I think we had Echo The Dolphin and Dizzy: Prince of the Yolk Folk first. I went back and completed the latter on an emulator when I was supposed to be studying at uni, stood the test of time.

Edited by fightoffyour

Binatone "Pong  " game  , i guess was first  , followed by and Atari console , early ones on that I can remember ,  were  Air Sea battle  and Indy 500

then ,  Kingdom on a BBC micro circa 1981 ( i still can't see a letter T without breaking out in panic)

probably followed by Football manger on the ZX Spectrum around 1982

first adventure game was probably The Hobbit 

first instance of me throwing a cassette at the wall in computer rage  , also probably The Hobbit

first game i got really addicted to was Civilization

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

Ooh, first home PC game I played is hard to remember but Spiky Harold is right up there on my mate's rubber-keyed ZX Spectrum.

In arcades (or the chip shop) it was Space Invaders, but the first game I loved was Scramble.

Then at home, Parsec on the Texas Instruments TI-99, then on to Track & Field in both the arcade and at home (on the Commodore 64) before the arrival of the Playstation and Tiger Woods Golf, Madden and FIFA.

I genuinely can't remember. We had a NES and a Gameboy when I was young, and we had one of the 80s computers though I can't remember what, just that it had Lemmings on it... Or possibly the Spectrum.

It could be any one of Super Mario 1 - 3, Duck Hunt, Super Mario Land, Revenge of the Gator, Tetris, Lemmings, Zool...

Â