Spurs pre match

Demitri_C

3-0.

Son and Bale switching sides every 5 minutes to keep AEM active isn't going to be a pretty watch.

Would be half tempted to put Konsa out there if Mings is declared fit.

Edited by VillaChris

On recent form, I reckon 1-0 up at half-time,  3-1 loss

But if Jack, Tyrone and Matty C are all fit then you never know.

Our midfield needs to be more solid so that Jack can receive the ball in the attacking third rather than having to sit deeper and deeper to get any kind of possession. 

SJM and DL are brilliant at times but consistency over 90 mins is rarely there. Now that top half is not gonna happen, I hope that he plays Chukwuemeka for the last 30 mins or so, rather than throwing on the same three strikers with no-one to get the ball to them.

7 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

But if Jack, Tyrone and Matty C are all fit then you never know.

Cash is out for the season.

It's a long time until the FA Youth Cu final, so I'd be tempted to give Kesler a go in this one. Yes, it'll be exceedingly difficult to be up against Son or Bale, but they might be on half-gas and really you're only going to come up against good wingers in the PL anyway. Elmo could come back for the Chelsea game if we want to give him a send-off.

Obviously we won't do that though.

• Like 1

Our form v Spurs is getting to United and Man City levels. I can only think of about 1 win under tactics Tim in the past 10 years. Before that we used to beat them regularly.  Its almost like we have gone in polar opposite directions as clubs ever since until this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

Spurs have recently lost to Leeds and dropped points against Newcastle and Everton. If those sides can get results against them we certainly can.

We played them 3 days after they lost to Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 in comical fashion and aside from o.k first 10 minutes and decent last 10 never laid a glove on them in the 70 minutes between and they ended up comfortably winners. Son and Bale didn't play that night either.

We seem to have got it in our heads that Spurs are an impossible team to beat (not helped by the ridiculous late goals we let in v them last season from defensive errors) so it's like a mini Man United, loads of other teams can get points off them home and away but we can't.

Given this will be likely Kane's final home game for them, I can see him going mad and scoring 4 goals or something. To say I'm not confident is an understatment.

• Like 1

Spurs are worried about a pretty heavy protest at this one - especially now that Harry Kane has said he's leaving.

I'm not sure that'll have much effect on the pitch, but hopefully e get in and out and get the game done okay.