Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Unquestionably some of it is on Smiths head but **** me, how a munch of professional footballers can so consistently fail to make simple passes to each other and make poor decisions with a football is literally amazing. 

I give you that ball from Luiz right there. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

They can't wait mate. It's the same everytime. They jump at any chance they can.

Can you talk about the game now? Because that's what people who are criticising the management are doing. Talking about the game.

• Like 1

HAahahahahahaha

So Grealish moves the ball past him. Moves past the player. Is floored and it's decided not to be a foul. 

And someone on here said he had no outcome on the match.

Hahahahaahahaa

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I could have sworn we might have finished Top 6 if not for the amount of points dropped because Smith can't manage a changing game in the second half.

Haha crazy expectations are on you. Get a grip and you'll enjoy it more. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Really? I could have sworn this was the best season in a decade. 

It is possible to play well and win games despite a manager.  I think it is fair to say we've turned fewer games around than we have lost the other way.  Which is the issue - Plan A is good (sometimes very, very good) but there is no Plan B.  Roy has won this game by spotting why we were dominating in the first 30, changing their set-up to address it and has reaped the rewards.  For 40 minutes we were second best and Smith has tried nothing until we go behind.  When was the last time Smith did the same?

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Unquestionably some of it is on Smiths head but **** me, how a munch of professional footballers can so consistently fail to make simple passes to each other and make poor decisions with a football is literally amazing. 

Oh they all have a collective blame in it.

Our final third passing and delivery has been crap all game, first half it was very good mind you and we crumble second half 

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

we went from top6 form before new yr to relegation form in the last 5 months

Sheffield utd had similar bad form end of last season when they fell off their European challenges & never recovered since after , Smith take note 

Just now, villa89 said:

How many fouls have they committed in the second half. Kicked us off the pitch. 

The ref has allowed them to foul constantly with either no free kick or no yellow cards.