Jump to content

Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa


 Share

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

  1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

  2. 2. Manager's Performance

  3. 3. Refereeing Performance


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/21 at 22:59

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

People saying smith is doing a good job yet leeds are above us.

This second half of the season smiths been utter shit

You are not supposed to Mention Leeds....They have a what's that got to do with it tag.

They are a one off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TRO said:

You are not supposed to Mention Leeds....They have a what's that got to do with it tag.

They are a one off.

And one place above us

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Finally. Yeah, I  get it. You're the expert when it comes to football managers. I take my hat to you.

Don't you forget it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith smiling with Roy after the game pissed me off. He should be furious after witnessing that.

Why should he be furious at Roy? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Our midfield is weak as p***, we invite pressure and make average teams look like Barcelona in their pomp, its horrible to watch.

We must be one of the weakest and most passive sides in the PL....

We are pretty weak mentally as a team i think, we just let teams roll us over...literally....all of the time!, does my nut in.

Even we dont get at least one midfield enforcer in the summer, i will question what the management team are watching out there.

 

1 win in the last 7.......

2 wins in the last 12!!!

He said " The team mirrors the manager"....thats what he said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do some people have no loyalty or appreciation? Sickens me that some are desperate for us to sack Deano.

We have gone from strength to strength with him at the helm, and he has worked wonders in such a short space of time in all honesty. There’s no doubt that he has overachieved really.

We finally, FINALLY, have a good manager with the potential to improve and perform even better as he continues to gain PL experience and sign and coach better players.

Like any manager, he has his flaws and makes mistakes - of course he does. But how much can he do/change when he’s working with what is honestly a poor squad? I’m sure we will keep improving and progressing as we continue to strengthen the team and squad.

Some people simply have no patience and want a shortcut to success - it doesn’t work that way. There really is a fickleness in a section of our fanbase and I really don’t like it, I had hoped we had more integrity.

Let’s back Dean all the way, he hasn’t let us down...

I'm not desperate for us to sack Dean.  But there are plenty of worrying signs that he needs to address.  Our form since January has been awful - if you applied our points per game since January over a full season we would be 17th.  We don't have the fourth worst team / squad in the division.  There is only so long that you can praise our first 10 - 13 matches without getting worried about the last 20.  I've said before that had our form been more consistent during the season (i.e. we were 11th with the same number of points but the results had been more evenly distributed) I'd be pretty happy.  But we can't just ignore our form (in terms of both results and performances) since January - just as we can't discount our form at the start of the season.  Today kind of summed our season up - brilliant in the first third, poor in the second but failed to address the obvious concerns and being "happy" because we were still ahead and then awful in the final third.  Smith needs to prove that he can turn this around because if we start next season badly I'm not confident in his ability to turn it around.  Last season I think everyone at the club assumed we were down, relaxed and we suddenly picked up some massive results.  He's had 2 seasons in the Premier League now and yet is still making the same mistakes.  I'd rather get rid of a manager before they let us down and replace them with an upgrade than wait until they fail and we are back in another relegation battle.  Not sure we are at that stage yet but the question marks about Smith are getting bigger.  Similar to McGinn for me.  Been a big part of getting us to where we are but huge doubts about whether they are what we need to take us to the next step on the ladder.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

You are not supposed to Mention Leeds....They have a what's that got to do with it tag.

They are a one off.

Leeds aggression and stone hard mentality is what we need to replicate.

We looked at the beach today. A Bielsa team would never. He would not allow it.

Edited by villalad21
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Yeah that was shocking. We invited them on to us in the 2nd half, which we seem to be doing quite a lot lately, and were rightly punished for it.

We need reinforcements in every area of the pitch, except GK.

Smith has to take responsibility for this one, both in the way we setup and how he managed the game when it was clear that things were going to shit. It was almost like his only gameplan was to get to 60 mins and then look to bring Grealish on. Everything else was secondary.

at 1-2  we was in control, but after half time, it was coming, the play suggested it and everyone knew the equaliser was coming....we are reactive, not proactive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Pretty much relegation form for the last third of the season. How can anyone be happy with that?

Closer to 60%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesus, same old story every time.

If you have any negative records that need ridding of just come play the Villa. Spineless.

Don’t know about the players but Smith seriously needs to up his game, very naive and stubborn manager at times.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Well just 2 more defeats to sit through and the season will be over. 

Kinda looking forward to it being over now, we need this done with sooner rather than later. 

Why bother watching then? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Pretty much relegation form for the last third of the season. How can anyone be happy with that?

Because ignoring a problem is easier than facing a problem.

Do not get fooled by our point tally. Look at our form in 2021.

We are not far from being a team battling relegation again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, allani said:

I'm not desperate for us to sack Dean.  But there are plenty of worrying signs that he needs to address.  Our form since January has been awful - if you applied our points per game since January over a full season we would be 17th.  We don't have the fourth worst team / squad in the division.  There is only so long that you can praise our first 10 - 13 matches without getting worried about the last 20.  I've said before that had our form been more consistent during the season (i.e. we were 11th with the same number of points but the results had been more evenly distributed) I'd be pretty happy.  But we can't just ignore our form (in terms of both results and performances) since January - just as we can't discount our form at the start of the season.  Today kind of summed our season up - brilliant in the first third, poor in the second but failed to address the obvious concerns and being "happy" because we were still ahead and then awful in the final third.  Smith needs to prove that he can turn this around because if we start next season badly I'm not confident in his ability to turn it around.  Last season I think everyone at the club assumed we were down, relaxed and we suddenly picked up some massive results.  He's had 2 seasons in the Premier League now and yet is still making the same mistakes.  I'd rather get rid of a manager before they let us down and replace them with an upgrade than wait until they fail and we are back in another relegation battle.  Not sure we are at that stage yet but the question marks about Smith are getting bigger.  Similar to McGinn for me.  Been a big part of getting us to where we are but huge doubts about whether they are what we need to take us to the next step on the ladder.

Agreed. Top post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Pretty much relegation form for the last third of the season. How can anyone be happy with that?

The season started last August? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â