New kits 21/22

sne

Just compare the Norwich and Preston one. It's amazing that despite being so similar in some key ways, one looks like a decent shirt, and the other looks like something a non-league team has ordered out of a catalog. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Just compare the Norwich and Preston one. It's amazing that despite being so similar in some key ways, one looks like a decent shirt, and the other looks like something a non-league team has ordered out of a catalog. 

Yep, page 16, available in 12 different colours 

Stick a badge and a sponsor on it charge them £50

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the preston away shirt...who do they think is buying that? shocking from nike

As someone who lives in Preston, not many.

The club are offering to put the sponsor onto the training top, navy blue, which it seems is far more popular.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

As someone who lives in Preston, not many.

The club are offering to put the sponsor onto the training top, navy blue, which it seems is far more popular.

People are going out of their way to get extra advertising on their top when there's an option to not have it? Mindblowing.  I'd pay extra to have a Villa shirt without the sponsors on the front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

People are going out of their way to get extra advertising on their top when there's an option to not have it? Mindblowing.  I'd pay extra to have a Villa shirt without the sponsors on the front.

aston_villa_200809_home_jersey_player_ve

I have a longsleeve player-issue 2008/09 Nike Villa home shirt without a sponsor. It figures that was when we had acorns, which is one of the few sponsors I would want. I still love the kit, though.

Edited by JamieZ
Updated with image.

51 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

aston_villa_200809_home_jersey_player_ve

I have a longsleeve player-issue 2008/09 Nike Villa home shirt without a sponsor. It figures that was when we had acorns, which is one of the few sponsors I would want. I still love the kit, though.

Only issue is that they end up looking like training kits. I have the away version of that kit. It's a beauty and feels great, but it looks like a training top :lol:

edit: I also have the away kit from 10 years ago (:huh:), that had the sponsor some out in the wash and I must say that I quite like how it turned out. One of my favourite kits of all time:

Aston Villa 2011-12 Away Kit

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Saw a Newcastle fan on twitter point out it has a massive four on the chest and now I can't unsee it.

Haha yup! Didn't see it until you mentioned it but yeah, now I can't unsee it either.

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, page 16, available in 12 different colours 

Stick a badge and a sponsor on it charge them £50

That’s actually what’s happening, Nike designers aren’t spending months working on kits for these teams.

Â