Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Having  a kit home, away, and third kit every season doesn't exactly tie in with the wear clothes for longer to be environmentally sustainable trend does it?

No but it does fit in with the make as much money as possible trend

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I will remember that when I am wading in knee deep melted polar ice cap.

But if you're lucky that water might contain enough microplastic to make a new "sustainably produced from 100% recycled material" football jersey.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Having  a kit home, away, and third kit every season doesn't exactly tie in with the wear clothes for longer to be environmentally sustainable trend does it?

Luckily we have kappa and fanatics. Even if you like one of their mostly terrible shirts they don’t make enough to worry about it anyway. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, pete101 said:

Got goalkeeper jersey the away green one, really nice jersey, the last goalkeeper jersey i had was this one when I was a kid, shoulder pads and all in that Reebok jersey

spacer.png

Aesthetically, the blue/green home variant of this is possibly my favourite-looking of our goalkeeper kits.

Absolutely awful to wear though, the material was really heavy compared to the preceding Asics kits and that collar was the double-whammy of incredibly tight and itchy as all hell.

Veering dangerously off topic, so I'll come back round to having softened a bit on the current home kit on the sleeves/collar, but those alternating width pinstripes are still a total deal-breaker.  Should have just had a block colour instead.  The away sort of gets away with it because the thinnest stripe being claret contrasts so strongly against the whites, but then you've got my hang-up with the two-tone badges.

I do love that rear-back claret & blue piping on the goalkeeper shirts though, particularly against the yellow variant.

Due to ridiculous traffic (and my kids weak bladders), even though I left Basingstoke just before 11am I only got to the Club Shop at 14:40ish and the kids area was like it had been hit by a Tornado and no named kits available for my two lads so at least yesterday I think they did some good business.

Managed to order them something off my phone in Warwick services on the way home (Bailey and Ings).