Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

The older I get, the more the Kappa logo makes me think of a bloke and his missus who've had a row. Like she's all mad at him because their flight has been delayed or something and so they just have to sit it out in the packed Departures lounge until her mood wears off. Naturally, he's done nothing wrong, but she's not having it.  

On 14/08/2021 at 03:22, Keyblade said:

Last few seasons we've been releasing the kit around the first cup game to be fair.

yep

we dont really need a 3rd kit its just a modern football thing, the luke one we definitely announced a couple of days before we wore it in the cup, the green one i think we wore vs man city in october so that was a late release, last years was maybe vs bristol in the 3rd round, im not sure if we dont wear it vs barrow when we actually would wear it, maybe utd towards the end of september?

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

The older I get, the more the Kappa logo makes me think of a bloke and his missus who've had a row. Like she's all mad at him because their flight has been delayed or something and so they just have to sit it out in the packed Departures lounge until her mood wears off. Naturally, he's done nothing wrong, but she's not having it.  

im sure im not alone here but when we were younger we would over the top half of the logo cos it looked like...ahem... just one lady rather than two people...

still makes me giggle to be fair

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Catch22, we're being milked for every penny but we need to grow our income. Plus everybody else does it.

yep, the home shirt is the home shirt their hands are tied

the away kit is a nod to 81/82

the third kit is a bit of artistic license do what they want because its the only chance they have, most of them seemingly go for a marmite love it or hate it kit, people don't buy something that they think is just alright so it has to be a bit out there, i actually think thats pretty safe and wonder if they'll do a training top in the reverse of the colours

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, the home shirt is the home shirt their hands are tied

the away kit is a nod to 81/82

the third kit is a bit of artistic license do what they want because its the only chance they have, most of them seemingly go for a marmite love it or hate it kit, people don't buy something that they think is just alright so it has to be a bit out there, i actually think thats pretty safe and wonder if they'll do a training top in the reverse of the colours

Yeah that's about it v4e, I'm all for it myself.

25 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Catch22, we're being milked for every penny but we need to grow our income. Plus everybody else does it.

Yep. At least we haven’t got into the whole 4th kit release yet. Yet! Now that is really a **** joke!

I’ll reserve judgement until I see it proper but if it is that then meh, why are they so scared to use more than two colours on a kit? The away is boring to me due to just being white and claret and this looks the same. 

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I wasn't allowed Kappa stuff as a kid as it apparently looked liked a lady with her legs open.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I wasn't allowed Kappa stuff as a kid as it apparently looked liked a lady with her legs open.

I feel left out that this was absent from my childhood, but now, I can't unsee it. You, the Melvillan too...likely more. Ongoing though, I guess that gives me some entertainment to make half times more interesting.

Image off Google:

download.jpg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Out of curiosity @NurembergVillan, is there any reason why Kappa's sizing strategy is markedly different to others? 

Living overseas, I rely on ordering online via the club shop to get a Villa shirt, but not knowing what size corresponds to the equivalent "regular" shirt sizing stops me spending the money. International returns are just a faff that stops the impulse buys. Surely I can't be the only one?

This is where we could disappear into the weeds of the industry, but essentially I don't think their sizing strategy is different, it's their fit strategy.  So for them, a large is supposed to fit like that on a large person.

Where we get into differences is what constitutes a large person.  I'm a large.  Ezri Konsa probably is too.  We all know who's going to look good in a Villa shirt and who isn't!

Kappa is designed for athletes, so that's how they create their fit.  What I'd do differently, and have in the past, is create a different fit for fans - a bigger difference than there currently is with Kappa.

We've been reviewing the new kit designs for our Twitter feed and the Kappa one is far narrower than other pro shirts.  But that's the fit, not the size.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1